Author Topic: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac  (Read 9906 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2023, 01:16:16 am »
I shop dissimilar cars all the time.

@ $70K a pop?  Must have missed those.

The Integra is prime for a sole vehicle owner that also needs some utility.   It's so obvious the TLX auto with it's typical small trunk space is not remotely comparable and at a higher cost.
The TLX, at $65k, feels like a $65k car.

The Integra won't at what's likely to cost you $65k.

TLX no brainer at $65k for me.

But at msrp, I'll have the Integra.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2023, 10:31:17 pm »
TH with the Type S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoW6wWJ9Dw&ab_channel=ThrottleHouse

Same lap time.  So for $7K more, what do you get?  Nicer suspension in comfort but worse seats.  No sunroof.  Manually adjusted passenger seat (or am I wrong on this).  No rear vents for the rear passengers.  4 seater.

What is interesting is that the higher HP #'s are on 93 octane whereas the Type R #'s are on 91.

Where did you see the higher octane required for the Type S?

Type S also adds heated seats and steering wheel, power seats, HUD, leather back seats, and ELS audio. Front seats are worse for track duty but I would argue they're better day to day. Felt comfy enough for me, just not as much lateral support as the Type R. It would be a tough choice between the 2. I think they're close enough in price.

Personally, I prefer the styling of the Type S inside and out. I like the Type R front seats better but no heat. Back seats are nicer in the Type S but that's for passengers anyway.

Anyway, glad I'm not buying in this market. Happy with our current rides.
I don't think either get a sunroof, and you missed one important one JG20, and that's the exhaust.  It's MUCH better in the Acura Type S.  So Layne, do you still think it's a poor value proposition?

Yes.  MSRP to MSRP absolutely.  For what they take away and then add, there should be a $2K difference at max.

By the way, the power seat is only on the driver's side.  The passenger has manual adjustment only.
So all the things that we listed that the Type S gets over the Type R and you think that it's only worth $2K?

Oh please.  An exhaust isn’t worth $7K.  Given you can’t get the Type R’s killer seats, there shouldn’t be any price difference.  😂😂

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2023, 10:37:30 pm »
TH with the Type S

Same lap time.  So for $7K more, what do you get?  Nicer suspension in comfort but worse seats.  No sunroof.  Manually adjusted passenger seat (or am I wrong on this).  No rear vents for the rear passengers.  4 seater.

What is interesting is that the higher HP #'s are on 93 octane whereas the Type R #'s are on 91.

Type S also adds heated seats and steering wheel, power seats, HUD, leather back seats, and ELS audio. Front seats are worse for track duty but I would argue they're better day to day. Felt comfy enough for me, just not as much lateral support as the Type R. It would be a tough choice between the 2. I think they're close enough in price.

Personally, I prefer the styling of the Type S inside and out. I like the Type R front seats better but no heat. Back seats are nicer in the Type S but that's for passengers anyway.

I don't think either get a sunroof, and you missed one important one JG20, and that's the exhaust.  It's MUCH better in the Acura Type S.  So Layne, do you still think it's a poor value proposition?

Yes.  MSRP to MSRP absolutely.  For what they take away and then add, there should be a $2K difference at max.

By the way, the power seat is only on the driver's side.  The passenger has manual adjustment only.
So all the things that we listed that the Type S gets over the Type R and you think that it's only worth $2K?

Yeah, I don't think $2k is a realistic delta to go from a mainstream brand to a premium(-ish) brand.

Essentially the same car.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12357
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2023, 07:40:01 am »
I find the Integra quite appealing. No interest in the TLX though.

:iagree:  The TLX is a handsome sedan, but the driving experience is vastly different than a Type R / S.  The Type S is a slightly more polished Type R - if you're after that type of driving experience, the TLX isn't pulling at your heart strings.

Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2023, 08:47:39 am »
TH with the Type S

Yeah, I don't think $2k is a realistic delta to go from a mainstream brand to a premium(-ish) brand.

So? How many examples of "essentially the same car" have a $2k difference between the mainstream and premium brands?

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2023, 08:49:13 am »
Yeah, I don't really get the complaining here - One's an Acura, the other's a Honda.  And people are surprised it's more money?!???

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2023, 09:40:01 am »
Yeah, I don't really get the complaining here - One's an Acura, the other's a Honda.  And people are surprised it's more money?!???

Apparently, yes, people are surprised it's more money.  :-X

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2023, 10:26:31 am »

Some people just have unreasonable expectations.  These people are typically really hard to deal with if you are in the service industry.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2023, 10:49:54 am »

Some people just have unreasonable expectations.  These people are typically really hard to deal with if you are in the service industry.

Yup.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2023, 11:02:52 am »
TH with the Type S

So? How many examples of "essentially the same car" have a $2k difference between the mainstream and premium brands?

Why don't you provide examples of 'essentially the same car' apart from this Type R...er, Type S currently available?

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2023, 11:15:54 am »

You mean the fact that Acura has differentiated itself from Honda by offering more luxury and AWD as a brand and this car does none of that and yet is more expensive by $7K?

Your gaslighting is kind of weak.  ;D

Offline Woodrow

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: accord
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2023, 11:27:32 am »
TH with the Type S

Why don't you provide examples of 'essentially the same car' apart from this Type R...er, Type S currently available?

Audi/VW/Porsche

Many Gms and FordLincoln

Lexus Toyota

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2023, 02:10:10 pm »
TH with the Type S

Audi/VW/Porsche

Many Gms and FordLincoln

Lexus Toyota

You have failed the question.

Offline PoweredSilenceGT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-75
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2023, 01:22:05 pm »

You mean the fact that Acura has differentiated itself from Honda by offering more luxury and AWD as a brand and this car does none of that and yet is more expensive by $7K?

Your gaslighting is kind of weak.  ;D

Granted it doesn't have AWD, but one of the most consistent things reviewers say about the Type S is definitely offers more luxury than the Type R.