Author Topic: Is this a good lease deal?  (Read 2046 times)

Offline wcikkk

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: honda
Is this a good lease deal?
« on: January 22, 2018, 11:23:24 pm »
I'm looking to lease 2018 RDX. I know 2019 RDX is coming this year but urgently need a car so decided to go into 2 years lease.

I visited few Accura dealerships in GTA and let them offer the lowest price (of course some refused to offer the price upfront)

The best offer I got is $455 + tax for 2 years lease with 12,000km. Residual value is 69%.

Due on delivery is around $700 including taxes and the first month payment.

This is obviously lower than unhaggle price but Accura is offering $3,000 rebate for leasing in January.

Do you think this is a good deal to take? No dealer wants to go lower than this. I tried to add lease guard insurance for free but not accepted..

What else I can more from this deal?

ltruong

Re: Is this a good lease deal?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:43:49 pm »
I don't know much about lease deals but 12,000km a year seams low.  I think the average population drive around 22,000km a year.  what is the $/km after you exceed the lease allowed km?  if you got above that I could see it getting expensive

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »

A headache ?   ;D

Aside from the $3000 Acura money you are getting a reasonable discount.  Really not much out there going for that rate.  What colour?  White's the best in that unit.

Offline wcikkk

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:24 am »
I don't know much about lease deals but 12,000km a year seams low.  I think the average population drive around 22,000km a year.  what is the $/km after you exceed the lease allowed km?  if you got above that I could see it getting expensive

I think 12cent/km after 12,000km. I don't drive that much. Mainly for the commute to go station which is 4km away from my place, grocery, etc..

I don't think it will exceed 12,000km but if do I'm willing to pay more for two years. This is my first car so I don't know how much I will be driving.

Offline wcikkk

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:06:37 am »

A headache ?   ;D

Aside from the $3000 Acura money you are getting a reasonable discount.  Really not much out there going for that rate.  What colour?  White's the best in that unit.

haha.. right. probably more headache. In terms of price, I believe I'm getting a decent deal. Just wanted to confirm in the forum as there might be more I can get.. something like free oil change.

Yes. I agree white is the best colour but it's $500 extra. I was thinking Silver Metallic or Steel Metallic but white still looks better.

If I'm buying for sure I would spend extra $500 but not sure with 2 years lease.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:40:42 am »
If you're only driving that little, and this being your first car, have you considered getting a used car? I got a used 09 Civic just for that purpose and paid $4K on the road. I figure it should last me about two to three years.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 09:44:07 am »
If you're only driving that little, and this being your first car, have you considered getting a used car? I got a used 09 Civic just for that purpose and paid $4K on the road. I figure it should last me about two to three years.
^^ this.

seems silly to spend that much money on a car you'll rarely drive.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:02:12 pm »
Yes. I agree white is the best colour but it's $500 extra. I was thinking Silver Metallic or Steel Metallic but white still looks better.

If I'm buying for sure I would spend extra $500 but not sure with 2 years lease.

Didn't realize about the pearl white  $$.  Definitely not worth the $$ in your circumstance.

After crunching the numbers you got about $1600 off the MSRP.  There is about $4000 in that car for the Dealer.  Considering you got $3000 in Acura cash and a .9% rate I think you can consider the lease a success.

ltruong

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 08:07:47 pm »
^^ this.

+2

Although we all like to spend other people’s money this make more financial sense.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »
Just wanted to confirm in the forum as there might be more I can get.. something like free oil change.

BTW, any Acura dealer will insist that you get X oil service.  They have a letter for it.  Might be an "A" service  ???  which will run you plus $200.  Tell them right off to stuff it and get the oil only service @ $70.  You should be good for 10K km before each change or once a year.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 08:20:38 pm »
^^ this.

+2

Although we all like to spend other people’s money this make more financial sense.

FELLOWS !!    Not everyone has the same income or $$$$.     I think the OP did a really sensible purchase.  $455/month plus tax is really great number for that kind of vehicle.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:22:17 pm by ArticSteve »

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 08:30:29 pm »
Especially on a two year lease.  That seems like a lot of car for the money.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 08:52:59 pm »
Especially on a two year lease.  That seems like a lot of car for the money.

^^   Essentially the OP is renting a car for 2 years.  He could go to Hertz and pay $1800 plus tax per month for a base Highlander or pay $455 plus tax for this RDX.   

Offline wcikkk

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 11:25:04 pm »
^^ this.

+2

FELLOWS !!    Not everyone has the same income or $$$$.     I think the OP did a really sensible purchase.  $455/month plus tax is really great number for that kind of vehicle.

Thanks for understanding. Actually I got same reaction from my friends when I told them I'm getting a brand new RDX for two years at 520$ per month. I can choose $4,000 10 years used car as a first car or afford to pay $500 per month for 2 years. Just personal preference. Some tells me things I can do with that money to make profit but I rather choose to have my brand new shiny car..

By the way.. I'm closing the deal on Saturday. Dealer called this afternoon and saying he might do more for me. After 2 years of sweet drive, I hope I can find the right car for my lifestyle.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 11:56:51 pm »
have you called to get insurance quotes already??...there's more cost to driving than just the car payment...a used car might only cost $100/month to insure...a new driver, driving a brand new RDX on lease isn't going to be cheap, especially in the GTA...i'm not sure how old you are, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it being $500/month.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 09:33:03 am »
^^ this.

+2

Thanks for understanding. Actually I got same reaction from my friends when I told them I'm getting a brand new RDX for two years at 520$ per month. I can choose $4,000 10 years used car as a first car or afford to pay $500 per month for 2 years. Just personal preference. Some tells me things I can do with that money to make profit but I rather choose to have my brand new shiny car..

By the way.. I'm closing the deal on Saturday. Dealer called this afternoon and saying he might do more for me. After 2 years of sweet drive, I hope I can find the right car for my lifestyle.

If you can afford the cost of the lease and insurance comfortably, then by all means, go for the RDX.  I had a white one with all options for a day as a loaner from Acura and it wasn't bad.   For that much money, I'd seriously consider it if I could justify the cost.  I leased a brand new car as my first car with a similar thought process as you, so I kind of understand where you're coming from.  I didn't want to get stuck with a bad used car and have a bad first experience from the get-go.  It'd be a bonus if you could get the scheduled maintenance thrown in for free for two years.