Author Topic: Electric Trucks  (Read 15767 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Trucks
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2022, 11:40:28 pm »
The Lightning just went up $10K.
Yup!! Adesa told me they could sell my Lightning for 120k easily…dealer offered me $95k this week!!!

This truck is a beast, freaking piles of power & refinement - no wonder they are highly desirable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2022, 10:09:07 pm »

Local dealer wanted me to add $20K worth of mandatory options and accessories for my 2022 F-150 Lightning order that arrived few weeks ago.

I said no 'cuz I had a strict budget and they never once mentioned $20K worth of add-ons when I ordered it.

So I declined and they immediately sold it to someone who was willing to pay them the additional $20K.

:censor: the dealership and :censor: Ford. 

I'll now wait for the Tesla.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2022, 11:22:10 pm »

Local dealer wanted me to add $20K worth of mandatory options and accessories for my 2022 F-150 Lightning order that arrived few weeks ago.

I said no 'cuz I had a strict budget and they never once mentioned $20K worth of add-ons when I ordered it.

So I declined and they immediately sold it to someone who was willing to pay them the additional $20K.

And it’s a Ford where quality is job #12.

Look at it like you dodged a bullet.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2022, 11:39:29 pm »

Brick through a window time. How long until a lithium Lightning is in for service and it burns the whole dealership down?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2022, 08:11:36 am »

Oh, that really sucks.  I would be writing a review on all that dealers social media, webpage, etc.  Send an email to Ford Canada, and local news.  This is :censor:.  If they said good deflector, he’d liner, floor liner, etc, for like $2,500, that’s one thing, but $20k is beyond reasonable.  If it’s not in the dealer quote when you ordered, you shouldn’t have to pay for it.

Offline Woodrow

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: accord
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2022, 08:14:41 am »
Why are people spending so much money on a ford pickup truck?

???

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2022, 12:03:28 pm »

Oh, that really sucks.  I would be writing a review on all that dealers social media, webpage, etc.  Send an email to Ford Canada, and local news.  This is :censor:.  If they said good deflector, he’d liner, floor liner, etc, for like $2,500, that’s one thing, but $20k is beyond reasonable.  If it’s not in the dealer quote when you ordered, you shouldn’t have to pay for it.

They already know and they don’t care.

Saw this the other day:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9123749/bc-couple-electric-truck-deposit-price-hike/amp/

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2022, 12:50:26 pm »

They already know and they don’t care.

Saw this the other day:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9123749/bc-couple-electric-truck-deposit-price-hike/amp/
That’s not the same thing, that is the difference in MSRP from the 22 and 23 model years.  That happens all the time with people, like when interest rates change from month to month or other things. 

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Electric Trucks
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2022, 03:22:58 pm »
Some Dealers are having a mark up feast with the Lightning…my sales guy contacted me yesterday, they offered a little more this time, $100k for mine [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I am not selling though, this is the best vehicle I’ve ever had…

I did sell my 2021 Kona EV for $51k [emoji23]. Toyota dealer in Ottawa bought it.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 03:26:04 pm by Tauri13 »

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-327
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2022, 04:00:28 pm »
The Hummer EV intrigued me when it was introduced. I joined the Facebook group of owners/admirers. Anyway, guys were getting $200K plus, then $190K, then $175K, one guy sold his for $150K. Inventory is still short, but the values keep dropping.

This is flash in the pan. Typical hype that will die off when inventory increases. WAY back in my Ford days I remember we had to phone owners of the then-new 99 Super Duty to see if they wanted to sell for a profit (wo only got MSRP for them) and some guys sold them for 5-10K over what they paid. This was a time before every single person had huge HELOC's and were made millionaires simply based on their inflated home values.

Offline Arctic_White

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +18/-1483
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2022, 11:57:22 pm »

Exactly!  If it was some accessories that I wanted then that's one thing.  But a mandatory 7 year warranty for $8K?  Like come on. 

I did talk to Ford about it and logged an official complaint.  All they said was that they will contact the dealership.  We all know that nothing will come out of it.  Oh well.

There is real merit for Tesla's model on not having the middle-men.  At least Tesla would never do such a thing and I'll now wait for the Cybertruck.  BTW, I also have a Silverado EV on order...  let's see if the Chevrolet dealer also tries to screw me over.  LOL.   :rofl:

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2022, 06:55:28 am »

Exactly!  If it was some accessories that I wanted then that's one thing.  But a mandatory 7 year warranty for $8K?  Like come on. 

I did talk to Ford about it and logged an official complaint.  All they said was that they will contact the dealership.  We all know that nothing will come out of it.  Oh well.

There is real merit for Tesla's model on not having the middle-men.  At least Tesla would never do such a thing and I'll now wait for the Cybertruck.  BTW, I also have a Silverado EV on order...  let's see if the Chevrolet dealer also tries to screw me over.  LOL.   :rofl:
Well with the Chevy I would actually send them an email and explain what you went through and that you hope that something similar does not transpire with them.  Think of it as getting ahead of the problem and managing expectations.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2022, 12:09:28 pm »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2022, 01:44:28 pm »
Not that it helps you now...

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/14/ford-dealers-ev-sales-fixed-no-haggle-pricing/

Can they do negative values on trade-ins?  ;D

Looks like they found a use for their "Model E" trademark...
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2022, 01:51:37 pm »

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/14/ford-dealers-ev-sales-fixed-no-haggle-pricing/

Nope but the policy does leave grey areas - for example, extended warranties are priced by the dealer - so they could simply come out and require the purchase of an extended warranty with an EV….

Or they could slap dealer fees up…

Lots of work arounds lol

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Electric Trucks
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2022, 01:54:59 pm »

I am sure Tesla will adopt the same model they adopted back in the Model 3’s launch - existing Tesla owners will be offered an opportunity to place an order before the general public can, they will offer only top of line models…I’m guess by 2025 or 2026 the public will then have a chance to start ordering and taking delivery…

But expect prices to spike, a dual motor Cybertruck will prolly be $95k+ in Canada…top of line will easily break into the $150+

Much like you, I have a Silverado EV WT on order - but I already started the relationship building exercise to get one ahead of everybody else. It’s possible the supply chain will be fixed by the time they land in 25, then dealers would be less inclined to add a ‘surcharge’. My local dealer’s manager already warned though, they will not land at the price GM advertised.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 02:00:49 pm by Tauri13 »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2022, 02:45:22 pm »

Nope but the policy does leave grey areas - for example, extended warranties are priced by the dealer - so they could simply come out and require the purchase of an extended warranty with an EV….

Or they could slap dealer fees up…

Lots of work arounds lol

Another reason to avoid buying an EV for now...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2022, 09:22:24 am »

I think you'll be waiting a long time for that Cybertruck.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2022, 10:53:25 am »

Have you considered the Rivian?

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2022, 10:59:24 am »
I'm just curious why, all of a sudden, people who don't need trucks are interested in electric trucks. 

Just get a regular EV - Model 3, Model Y, Mach-E, Hyundai EV, etc.