Author Topic: Best window defogger spray?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Zychro Pierce

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota, Hyundai
Best window defogger spray?
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:38 am »
My back window always accumulates fog and in the colder months, the window is frosted over from the inside. I hate having to scrape it all from inside. Anyone know any good window sprays to prevent it from forming?

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Re: Best window defogger spray?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:49:53 am »
My back window always accumulates fog and in the colder months, the window is frosted over from the inside. I hate having to scrape it all from inside. Anyone know any good window sprays to prevent it from forming?
The back window (any of the windows really) is frosted over from the inside due to moisture inside the vehicle - like wet mats and anything else holding moisture. Eliminate the wetness and it will clear up your problem.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:54:26 am »
Check and see if you have your ventilation system on recirculate. This keeps moist air inside car instead of bringing fresh air in. A simple push of this button may resolve your issues.

So many people screw this up.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:18:01 am »
Check and see if you have your ventilation system on recirculate. This keeps moist air inside car instead of bringing fresh air in. A simple push of this button may resolve your issues.

So many people screw this up.
Most  vehicles I have seen will automatically default to 100% outside once you place the HVAC system to defrost

also you should never call outside air, fresh air, because if you are by a sewage treatment plants , some farms, or a highway the air may not be very fresh  :rofl:

Offline UnknownJinX

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 19 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT, 15 Corvette Z51 7MT(flooded), 09 Mazda RX-8 GT 6MT(sold)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:37:37 pm »
There are those RainX sprays, but they don't have very good reviews. People say that they are hard to apply and if you mess up, it will look like there is a light haze over your window.

What I find is that if your windows fog up easily, you should clean your car windows. Really helps.

Also, you can use the AC to remove moisture in your car. An AC also functions as a bit of a dehumidifier.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 10:54:36 am »
^^ agree.

Costco sells the Invisible Clear Glass:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/invisible-glass-aerosol-0390432p.html

...in a 4-pack for $15 (much cheaper than CT).  The stuff works really well to clean the glass.  Once clean, try to keep moisture out of the interior of the car, and use the defogger (front and back) as necessary.