Author Topic: Done with RockAuto - Never Again  (Read 16247 times)

Offline spanishred637

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Infiniti Q50
Done with RockAuto - Never Again
« on: February 02, 2021, 02:16:04 pm »
Too many issues with this company. Items getting stuck in customs, then broker fees on top of what I paid, and I get the wrong parts. Then they want me to pay to return them. All or some of these happen every single time. Never again. Buying Canadian from now on.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Done with RockAuto - Never Again
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 02:27:25 pm »
Mixed bag obviously.  I've had great success with Rock Auto. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 02:33:16 pm »
I have never had an issue with them, ever. Their shipping can be stupid expensive when ordering more than one product, but their speed and service has been faultless for me.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:44:16 pm »
I have never had an issue with them, ever. Their shipping can be stupid expensive when ordering more than one product, but their speed and service has been faultless for me.

Same experience for me. Some items have crazy shipping prices such as wiper blades and oil filters. Others seemed very cheap considering the weight (brake rotors) IHave not had any issues with warrantees on a few defective parts either.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:44:46 pm »
Yeah I might have only used them twice but both times I was happy with the experience.

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 02:55:26 pm »
I wonder if he works for autopartsway.ca?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 02:57:21 pm »
Mixed bag obviously.  I've had great success with Rock Auto.
Same
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 02:57:50 pm »
I wonder if he works for autopartsway.ca?

Was thinking the same.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 02:58:11 pm »
Items getting stuck in customs, then broker fees on top of what I paid

Not sure how this is their fault.

Being your 10th post shocked there wasn't a link attached for this so called Canadian company.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 03:08:25 pm »
Once they lost my payment (bank info changed I think) and it was nearly impossible to straighten it out as everything is over email and every time there is a new guy who appears to have 5 sec to deal with your issue.

Second time, my last order, parts came not as shown and to complete an online return they ask you a million of questions, still offer to pay half of the shipping cost and finally the packaging instructions are ridiculous - basically they do everything to discourage your return.

I will still use their website to look up part manufacturers and product numbers and then search amazon and ebay, with whom I placed hundreds or orders combined and any issues were dealt with professionally and respectfully.

Otherwise, for ASAP needs I am comfortable with Canadiantire, partsource  and Napa.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 03:12:38 pm »
Once they lost my payment (bank info changed I think) and it was nearly impossible to straighten it out as everything is over email and every time there is a new guy who appears to have 5 sec to deal with your issue.

Second time, my last order, parts came not as shown and to complete an online return they ask you a million of questions, still offer to pay half of the shipping cost and finally the packaging instructions are ridiculous - basically they do everything to discourage your return.

I will still use their website to look up part manufacturers and product numbers and then search amazon and ebay, with whom I placed hundreds or orders combined and any issues were dealt with professionally and respectfully.

Otherwise, for ASAP needs I am comfortable with Canadiantire, partsource  and Napa.

There is no excuse for poor customer service these days.  If a huge outfit like Wayfair can do it, anyone can.  My aunt ordered a 20-piece set of fancy dishes from them.  Two bowls were damaged in transit.  They sent her A WHOLE NEW SET for free.  And she got to keep the original set.  Now she has too many dishes...  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 03:18:35 pm »

I use The Wrench Monkey in Canada.  So far so good.

Their prices on Mevotech components are typically cheaper than Rock auto for example.

https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 03:30:25 pm »

Their prices on Mevotech components are typically cheaper than Rock auto for example.

Never heard of Mevotech, and it's a problem with Canadian manufacturers, you'd think if they are local everybody would have known them. How do you like their parts, do they last at all?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 03:34:54 pm »

Never heard of Mevotech, and it's a problem with Canadian manufacturers, you'd think if they are local everybody would have known them. How do you like their parts, do they last at all?
Been very pleased with them actually. No bad stories to report.

Mechanic friends said he had ONE ball joint that went bad in all the installs he's done with their products and the company made it right.

I've used their control arms (they even make some adjustable control arms! ), sway bar links and tie rods.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 03:36:04 pm »
^^^ Thanks, good to know.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 03:52:14 pm »
Never had any issues with RockAuto over the years. Parts are always correct & better priced than buying thru Autopartsway.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 04:01:41 pm »
Way better selection too.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 04:10:38 pm »

Been very pleased with them actually. No bad stories to report.

Mechanic friends said he had ONE ball joint that went bad in all the installs he's done with their products and the company made it right.

I've used their control arms (they even make some adjustable control arms! ), sway bar links and tie rods.

I had a set of Mevotech sway bar links go bad after a year or so. Ordered new ones and received a warranty refund when I returned the old ones. The new models were significantly beefier in construction so likely an updated design.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, '04 G35 Coupe 6MT
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:12 pm »
This reminded me to check-out and order the RockAuto cart I had sitting around from last weekend...
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 04:30:01 pm »
Too many issues with this company. Items getting stuck in customs, then broker fees on top of what I paid, and I get the wrong parts. Then they want me to pay to return them. All or some of these happen every single time. Never again. Buying Canadian from now on.

Spam incoming...

https://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=107433.msg1541327#msg1541327

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...