Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 763740 times)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: TV Series
« Reply #1720 on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:59 pm »

I was a scrapper, and still am.

I never would have guessed  ;D
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:22 pm »
What was she supposed to do? Call the police over a bum touch? I don't think we could afford that many police, courts, etc.

I'm just telling you the way it is NOW.  Back in the day...people would get a black eye.  Do any of this now and you (the person who was initially violated) possibly run the risk of getting in crap.

It's sad man....a real sad state.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:06 pm »
While you are right about today's crappy world...I'm still impressed john's daughter did that.  Kinda awesome really.  I'd hate to be the mom who stood up for her kid if that's what he did.  He got what he had coming. 

Side note...my wife is dealing with this at work at the moment.  She's been there since 1991. A co-worker, who'd been there for 8 yrs and has had it in for her since day one...feels intimidated by my wife (she's been there and done that long enough she knows a lot of the answers) and so she's put a harassment complaint against my wife...because she feels intimidated by her!  FFS!  It's such a long story...
So of course my wife's not eating, lost probably 20 lbs since Christmas...can't sleep, and is on anxiety meds now thanks to this super-sensitive OCD b.itch. (who has a history of admitted mental issues) Too bad she can't punch her.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1723 on: March 09, 2017, 09:26:56 pm »
Bullies grow up to be, well, bullies.  They're still in the work place, they just become more refined in their techniques.  Sorry to hear.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #1724 on: March 10, 2017, 08:24:03 am »
Watched the final episode of "SIX."  Won't give away the ending, but it's a tiny bit of a twist.  The first half is all action - and well done!  The battle sequences on this show are top-notch.  Too bad the acting off the field is so wooden with only a few exceptions.  Some of it is the writing - it's like the writers are all tired out from story-boarding the fight scenes that they just throw some dialog together for the rest of it.
Watched it last night  It was a great episode, especially the first half.  It was intense!  Neat twist at the end, it took me a minute to remember who Marissa was.

Looks like they're going to start filming season 2 this summer.
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #1725 on: March 10, 2017, 07:07:40 pm »
I never would have guessed  ;D

:rofl2:  It's always for a good cause.   ;)

Now I'm thinking I've scared Fobroader again.   ;D

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #1726 on: March 10, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »
Side note...my wife is dealing with this at work at the moment.  She's been there since 1991. A co-worker, who'd been there for 8 yrs and has had it in for her since day one...feels intimidated by my wife (she's been there and done that long enough she knows a lot of the answers) and so she's put a harassment complaint against my wife...because she feels intimidated by her!  FFS!  It's such a long story...
So of course my wife's not eating, lost probably 20 lbs since Christmas...can't sleep, and is on anxiety meds now thanks to this super-sensitive OCD b.itch. (who has a history of admitted mental issues) Too bad she can't punch her.

I really hope it passes.  What kind of people are running that place?   >:(

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 10, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »

If it's like my place, due to provincial regulation, they have to take every complaint like it's the worst thing that's ever happened.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1728 on: March 14, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »
Started watching man in the high castle.  Episode 2.   So facking dumb.   Juliana is the dumbest amateur spy character ive ever seen.  Writing letters telling parents what shes up to and handing it to strangers and carrying around illegal film on her person? Wtf?  How dumb do you have to be?  I facking hate dumb characters.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1729 on: March 14, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »
Started watching man in the high castle.  Episode 2.   So facking dumb.   Juliana is the dumbest amateur spy character ive ever seen.  Writing letters telling parents what shes up to and handing it to strangers and carrying around illegal film on her person? Wtf?  How dumb do you have to be?  I facking hate dumb characters.

I started watching that show, but just couldn't get into it.  I think I stopped watching it around ep 5 or 6. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #1730 on: March 15, 2017, 12:11:21 pm »

I started watching that show, but just couldn't get into it.  I think I stopped watching it around ep 5 or 6.

I really enjoyed watching the first 2 seasons of this show.  Each to their own..  ;)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1731 on: March 15, 2017, 12:13:21 pm »
Wife and her friends got into This Is Us.......not my cup of tea but a pretty decent show overall.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1732 on: March 15, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »

I really enjoyed watching the first 2 seasons of this show.  Each to their own..  ;)
Try watching ss-gb , http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ghxqb

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1733 on: March 21, 2017, 03:23:39 pm »

speaking of dumb characters, i started watching "Iron Fist" on netflix.  supposedly about another pseudo superhero /bruce wayne type martial art expert and billionaire...   

so dumb.  <SPOILER>

i want to punch the main character for dumbness.    maybe, just maybe, i can forgive the dumbness, if he never learned anything but fighting and being a warrior since the age of 10 like he says, but he doesn't even fight that well.   no wonder luke cage and this iron fist are second (or even third) tier "super heroes".
</Spoiler>

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1734 on: March 21, 2017, 04:08:45 pm »

speaking of dumb characters, i started watching "Iron Fist" on netflix.  supposedly about another pseudo superhero /bruce wayne type martial art expert and billionaire...   

so dumb.  <SPOILER>

i want to punch the main character for dumbness.    maybe, just maybe, i can forgive the dumbness, if he never learned anything but fighting and being a warrior since the age of 10 like he says, but he doesn't even fight that well.   no wonder luke cage and this iron fist are second (or even third) tier "super heroes".
</Spoiler>

It is  not to bad , been watching since our 16 year old granddaughter  is spending a couple of days with us, she likes it

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1735 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:16 pm »
Holy hell does Iron Fist drag.  It needs to be recast (except for Jessica Henwick) and rewritten and edited to take out hours of useless crap.  Terrible.  The worst Marvel adaptation I've seen.  The fight scenes are boring and so standard fare it's tempting to fast forward them until you then think "then I have to listen to the drab dialog."  Ugh.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 23, 2017, 12:50:01 am »

If it's like my place, due to provincial regulation, they have to take every complaint like it's the worst thing that's ever happened.

Sorry...missed this. It's federal...so yeah, every one.  Thing is she's been hanging in the balance for a month now...and to be honest, doesn't even know if it's happening.  She was told this person was planning to put in a harassment complaint, took a month off work for stress...and has been in the office now and then working on something in secret...and the only person this person seems to have a problem with is my wife.  She doesn't know what she did...but for a month she's been stressing herself out because she's worried she'll get a suspension, or worse, get fired.  That aint gonna happen, she's far too smart (which was one of the things that was mentioned about why she was found intimidating and made stupidhead uncomfortable/threatened) and knowledgeable to be let go.  I tell you she's way out in left field (my wife that is, but anxiety when it strikes doesn't just let go because you tell it to)...being irrational about it all, but it's been going on with this cow for years.  My oldest kid was told when he was in gr 9 "my aunt hates your mom!", he's 3rd year uni now...4 yrs later her sister tells my youngest one the same thing when he moves to that school...and for the most part during those years my wife didn't even work in the same "area" as cow lady. Anyway... In her mind she can be the only one she's coming after.  One of the union guys asked her who is she going after?  And of course that kind of started the ball, but no one will confirm anything.  They can't, obviously.  At least not until something formal has been set in motion.  She needs to not worry, but I guess when you're the one this person is always attacking...who else can it be?  At least the Dr bumped up her lorazapam (?) and she's sleeping more than 3 hrs - that didn't help either, being over tired, over thinking it. 

And in case anyone thinks, well, maybe it is your wife...sure.  She can be intimidating...she's smart, knows how things work, knows how to get them done. I can find her intimidating at times. I'd never argue with her...I'd lose.  But she's never been a bully or mean to anyone or talk behind their back, and she's not a yeller.  Not her MO.  They even had a mediation before Christmas...thought it was all done, can we get to work now? Nutjob wants to be professional co-workers.  2 weeks later "Why can't we just talk as friends?" (YTF would anyone want to! Holy crap!)  Month ago Sofa King Stupid one blows up at her "Why can't you mind your own business! You're the biggest gossip I know!" straight out of the blue. Thought she was talking to someone else. Turns out too many people stop and talk to my wife...and no one talks to her.  So my wife is at fault that no one likes her, which means she's the gossip, and turd brain feels harassed because of it...or whatever reason she's going to come up with.  In the mediation everything she brought up as her problems with my wife...was something someone else said about another girl who's her bestie, or if someone complained about someone else altogether...so my wife, simply by listening to someone else complain, is now the culprit.  She should have stopped the negative conversations (no allowance for being human and listening to someone else...I guess).  It's not like my wife is this girls superior, they're on the same payscale and level.  It's just super-stupid.

Hey!  Amazing Race starts next week!  :thumbup:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 23, 2017, 12:57:54 am »
^^Wait.  It's Federal?  And she's in the union?

She couldn't even be fired if she stabbed someone in the eye.... ;D

IMO...she's got nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:05:17 am by rrocket »

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 23, 2017, 01:09:56 am »
I know...but her brain has been having a hard time figuring that out.  Lots of hugging lol  :rofl: Thought I might press further...but then I might get a harassment charge.  :o :P ;D Hopefully next week when She Wolf returns, we'll know what's going on.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #1739 on: March 25, 2017, 09:43:25 am »
Hap and Leonard on Netflix.
Quirky and offbeat, set it the deep South. :thumbup:
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?