Author Topic: Fees fees fees  (Read 4406 times)

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
Re: Fees fees fees
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 09:36:56 am »
i think the bigger question is why an Armada?

:iagree:

They are all over the place in UAE, and I see them around here

I see those maybe twice a year in the GTA.  Unless there's a HUGE discount, I don't know why anyone would get one.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 11:36:32 am »
The new Armada is nice. Too bad Toyota won't update their Sequoia anytime soon seeing how it got a refresh recently.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »
I was told it was steep discount on the Nissan Armada and I understand the 1000 fuel tax.  It is certainly a gas guzzler and that is definitely something I'm taking into consideration.

My beef i suppose is that they priced MSRP on a 2017 model, gave me the 12,000 Nissan rebate, then another $3000 because it was a demo.  And a whole year of the warranty was already eaten up. Then they go back and add on most of the discount they took off for being a demo.

I'm waiting for another quote from a really upfront dealer who gave me all the costs associated without me even asking. I've been wringing out the details with the original quote one number at a time.  It's like pulling teeth.  The thing is he is the only guy with the model I want in my area, so really he can charge whatever he wants because it's a desired item and Nissan is giving them 12000 to play with. I really want to tell him to fly a kite but I'm not ready to burn that bridge yet.

Hopefully I'll be able to burn it tomorrow and maybe throw some fuel on with it :)

whether demo or whatever, the dealership will just look at the discount. they see they are discounting 3k. now, they are making 1 more on that, so it's really just a 2k discount...

how much of a "demo" is this? like, they punched it (meaning, they reported is sold) and that's it, or did they actually put on some kms? either way, I'd be doing my homework to find invoice price and not pay a penny over that. i don't care how few of them are around, that's not because they are a big seller, it's because no dealer orders many.

getting to use it as a demo to me negates any actual profit for the front end. putting actual significant kms on it makes me want to purchase it for a discounted price from invoice as they should have been writing it down each month.

i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 12:38:19 pm »
I was told it was steep discount on the Nissan Armada and I understand the 1000 fuel tax.  It is certainly a gas guzzler and that is definitely something I'm taking into consideration.

My beef i suppose is that they priced MSRP on a 2017 model, gave me the 12,000 Nissan rebate, then another $3000 because it was a demo.  And a whole year of the warranty was already eaten up. Then they go back and add on most of the discount they took off for being a demo.

I'm waiting for another quote from a really upfront dealer who gave me all the costs associated without me even asking. I've been wringing out the details with the original quote one number at a time.  It's like pulling teeth.  The thing is he is the only guy with the model I want in my area, so really he can charge whatever he wants because it's a desired item and Nissan is giving them 12000 to play with. I really want to tell him to fly a kite but I'm not ready to burn that bridge yet.

Hopefully I'll be able to burn it tomorrow and maybe throw some fuel on with it :)

whether demo or whatever, the dealership will just look at the discount. they see they are discounting 3k. now, they are making 1 more on that, so it's really just a 2k discount...

how much of a "demo" is this? like, they punched it (meaning, they reported is sold) and that's it, or did they actually put on some kms? either way, I'd be doing my homework to find invoice price and not pay a penny over that. i don't care how few of them are around, that's not because they are a big seller, it's because no dealer orders many.

getting to use it as a demo to me negates any actual profit for the front end. putting actual significant kms on it makes me want to purchase it for a discounted price from invoice as they should have been writing it down each month.

Plus, the warranty started a year ago, and they still want to make you pay Freight and PDI?  Isn't it technically a used car now?  There's no way you pay freight on a used car.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:02 pm »
That's what I would think too. Freight + PDI = new maybe demo car with full warranty. Partial or no warranty? No freight/PDI.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:31 pm »
all depends on the program used.

one might still have it as a new car and it gets all new programs, with no warranty start date and no kms

one might be new for programs, but it has a start date and no kms.

one might be new, but only certain programs and some kms.

the above will likely show freight as a line item.

one might be demo/used but have no kms and get a special rate (between new and used usually)

one might be demo/used/loaner and have kms and get a special rate.

one might be used and have no kms, and just get used car rates.

those ones shouldn't show freight as a line item.

you really never know unless you are privy to all the programs... and to be honest, i can't tell you on my lot sometimes what program was used... it can be confusing as hell.

Offline Namadboo

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Honda Prelude, Civic, Hornet & Dodge Grand Caravan (for the kids)
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 10:39:55 pm »
Ok Ok, the Armada is off the table.  The gas is just too much. The fees are what really killed it for me, I will never look at another Nissan because of one bad apple. I priced out a new vehicle with the same features with full warranty from another dealer and it priced out the same as the demo he quoted me with one year less warranty.  After that experience I've shopped everywhere and salesmen/women are 50/50 in the scale of lying scheming a-holes. The other half were truly respectable honest and upright people with no hidden costs or fees.  Do these idiots really think they won't be found out? The world is a lot smaller and open with forums like this.  .... ok rant done.

I'm off to find a 5.7 Hemi Dodge Durango for towing and packing the kids in. Far more fuel efficient and easier on the pocketbook. Doesn't have the full tow capacity, I get it, but should be big enough.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »
Ok Ok, the Armada is off the table.  The gas is just too much. The fees are what really killed it for me, I will never look at another Nissan because of one bad apple. I priced out a new vehicle with the same features with full warranty from another dealer and it priced out the same as the demo he quoted me with one year less warranty.  After that experience I've shopped everywhere and salesmen/women are 50/50 in the scale of lying scheming a-holes. The other half were truly respectable honest and upright people with no hidden costs or fees.  Do these idiots really think they won't be found out? The world is a lot smaller and open with forums like this.  .... ok rant done.

I'm off to find a 5.7 Hemi Dodge Durango for towing and packing the kids in. Far more fuel efficient and easier on the pocketbook. Doesn't have the full tow capacity, I get it, but should be big enough.

Have you considered a Ford Expedition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 07:41:28 am »
Ok Ok, the Armada is off the table.  The gas is just too much.

I'd thought that would be something you would have figured out on step #1.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 08:23:24 am »

I wouldn't call a hemi Dodge Durango fuel efficient . Probably better than the Armada as you say. I honestly don't know how people can afford to drive these
types of vehicles.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 10:21:00 am »
where are you again? I sell the durangos in Hamilton/Niagara type area. i'll let you decide where I fall on the 50/50 scale!...

best way to do it is find a one year old one. they are a steal. if you go v6 and it has the factory tow package, the rating is 6200. I can get great fuel consumption out of those bad boys with the 8 speed and pentastar combo.

I have a 2017 citadel v6 with tow, executive for Chrysler's car. only issue is the kms... it has 39k. but to give you an idea on pricing, it is 38950 (vs. over 62k new msrp).

I try to keep some in stock all the time, but just sold my only other 2 with tow packages besides that one...

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-434
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 10:50:22 am »

I wouldn't call a hemi Dodge Durango fuel efficient . Probably better than the Armada as you say. I honestly don't know how people can afford to drive these
types of vehicles.

Those of us that don't have hellish commutes and have to drive everywhere for everything. This is how my winter tires last 8 seasons lol. I really don't know how many can "live" in their cars.