Author Topic: Other Pet Pics - because not all of us have dogs  (Read 7118 times)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Other Pet Pics - because not all of us have dogs
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:35 pm »
Scorpions don't bother me....but large spiders just aren't for me.

Or those those giant mouse eating centipedes...no thanks!

I did handle a giant millipede though..it tickled from all the little feet on my arm.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2018, 11:21:33 pm »
I know they are beneficial and :censor:, but nope, 0/10, would not touch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t touch you with Chaos’s.   :rofl2:

:rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »
They don't bug me at all...I just don't really get the allure... Rather than having something cute and cuddly, you have something you don't pet or cuddle with. You have to de-fang, etc... Just seems cruel to me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:21:40 am by No-san »

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 06:43:19 pm »
They don't bug me at all...I just don't really get the allure... Rather than having something cute and cuddly, you have something you don't pet or cuddle with. You have to de-fang, etc... Just send cruel to me.

Exotic animals should be left where they belong - in the wild, and in their country of origin.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2018, 07:09:29 pm »
They don't bug me at all...I just don't really get the allure... Rather than having something cute and cuddly, you have something you don't pet or cuddle with. You have to de-fang, etc... Just send cruel to me.

Exotic animals should be left where they belong - in the wild, and in their country of origin.
Most of them are captive bred..because of CITES.

Online JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »

Nothing's getting defanged around here. I don't keep anything venomous. Only a small subset of venomous snake keepers remove their venom glands and I don't agree with it either.  My animals get the best of care and are handled only occasionally. Most of them don't mind handling and welcome venturing outside their appropriately sized cages. Regardless, I love just watching them.  It's fine that you don't get the allure but there's nothing cruel about it.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2018, 09:09:48 pm »

Nothing's getting defanged around here. I don't keep anything venomous. Only a small subset of venomous snake keepers remove their venom glands and I don't agree with it either.  My animals get the best of care and are handled only occasionally. Most of them don't mind handling and welcome venturing outside their appropriately sized cages. Regardless, I love just watching them.  It's fine that you don't get the allure but there's nothing cruel about it.
It was funny. Of course people pet my dog when they visited. But almost ALWAYS there was a line up at the reptile tank with people asking to handle it....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2018, 10:14:04 pm »

depends on the animal: a lot are still wild caught. Hint: if they are cheap, or very rare but not crazy expensive....wild caught.

Wild caught is still a huge business sadly...
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 08:29:38 am »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 11:33:00 pm »
Luce horked up two yesterday...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2018, 10:39:31 am »

depends on the animal: a lot are still wild caught. Hint: if they are cheap, or very rare but not crazy expensive....wild caught.

Wild caught or not, I’m still seeing an animal whose entire life is spent locked in a tiny cage. How is it that zoos are evil, but this is okay?

We had a neighbour kid a few years ago who had some kind of iguana. We pet sat for him for a week, and I just found it very depressing to see that thing stuck in its tiny glass box 24/7. Like how people used to keep birds in a cage (I guess people probably still do that, too.)

But I don’t know anything about reptiles. Maybe they are truly so unaware and unintelligent that it makes no difference to them? Still, I just find it sad. 

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 12:37:42 pm »

Wild caught or not, I’m still seeing an animal whose entire life is spent locked in a tiny cage. How is it that zoos are evil, but this is okay?

We had a neighbour kid a few years ago who had some kind of iguana. We pet sat for him for a week, and I just found it very depressing to see that thing stuck in its tiny glass box 24/7. Like how people used to keep birds in a cage (I guess people probably still do that, too.)

But I don’t know anything about reptiles. Maybe they are truly so unaware and unintelligent that it makes no difference to them? Still, I just find it sad.
I do agree, it is hard to give a proper enclosure for a reptile. They can survive and be comfortable in smaller spaces [ie. 25 gal. tank for a Leopard Gecko, or as long as the tank is long enough for a snake to stretch its length it is big enough, etc.] My snake is a rescue, after he passes I am not having another. He lives in a 30 gal tank, he is under 2ft long, and he does not move about much except in spring [mating season]. I take him out as much as I can...but yes, they are best in the wild. If a reptile is in too small an enclosure, they can get over stressed and not eat, not shed properly, be very aggressive, etc.

I ran an iguana rescue in Ottawa when I was younger, there were so many abandoned and abused. I am glad they are banned as a pet in Ontario now, they really are not good pets for inexperienced kids once they get huge and [for males] aggressive. My 4 adult rescue iguanas were all over 6ft, one almost 7ft, and had the run of the house, and went back to their huge tanks to sleep and eat. My Cuban Knight Anoles were in huge 50+gal tanks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:39:24 pm by ChaosphereIX »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:40 pm »
^I had a pair of Basilisks when I was in college.  We more or less "rescued" them from a horrible pet store that was being shut down.   My GF at the time was studying Veterinary Technology and treated them for malnutrition and infections and we got them back to health, but they only lived about 2 more years.    While interesting little guys, I would never get reptiles again as they belong in the wild IMO.

Rodents likewise, never again, we also ended up with the lab rats she had to raise and study.

Mr Pickypants

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:32 pm »
It just dawned on me this evening that I totally need a “Lucifer is my co-pilot” t-shirt/sticker for the car.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 12:15:09 am »
Cats in the know maintain that this is THE most comfy way to sleep...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 12:17:04 am »
Cats in the know maintain that this is THE most comfy way to sleep...

I just bought a new pillow so I'll give that way a try.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2018, 02:38:26 pm »

Luce raised my awareness three times yesterday...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2018, 06:01:55 pm »
^^^^^
 :rofl2:

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2018, 01:32:05 am »
Best little buddy ever.