Author Topic: Has anyone signed up for Intact Insurance's My Drive tracking  (Read 2403 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: Has anyone signed up for Intact Insurance's My Drive tracking
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 12:52:50 pm »
I imagine a transition but what do you mean "too old". A 12V source and voila. Essentially intact insurance will have all their "customers" apple air tagged.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 02:33:39 pm »
I imagine a transition but what do you mean "too old". A 12V source and voila. Essentially intact insurance will have all their "customers" apple air tagged.
Some of the tracking devices plug into an OBD II port, so if your car is old enough you won't have an OBD II port.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-39
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 VW GTI, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2023, 11:14:09 am »
This is what I would call an adverse "asymmetrical trade" i.e. limited upside to the extent of saving small amounts but a virtually unlimited downside in the event a future claim is denied, specially one where the vehicle is a write-off. And the even bigger downside is that you the insured are providing the insurance company the "ammunition" that will be used against you in the future. Run away from this "offer".

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2023, 02:26:32 pm »
Well put.  The insurance company will formulate what Warp wrote and insert that into the Insurance Contract that the policy holder will legally acknowledge without any understanding of what they agreed to.

Then these policy holders will hit the highways creating havoc by traveling just under 80 kph.  :P

This type of thing should just be rejected on principle alone.

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2023, 01:29:03 pm »
This ranks right up there with my health insurance provider asking me to download an app, and likely link a fitness tracker device.  That's a hard "no" from me.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:20 am »
I started this tread and I can tell you I will not be signing up for this. They only talked of possible savings. Only when I dug into topic did I find out rates can also go up. Not a very honest approach to the product (that sealed it right there). Secondly I do not like the big brother aspect. Thirdly as it is based on phones in cars I asked what happens if both my wife and myself are in same car (as we often are). Who does the app consider the driver? I forget the answer but it was quite confusing and I think would require the non driver to do something to their phone at every drive.

I do not need to complicate my life with this crap even if I am overlooking a little potential savings.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2023, 10:48:22 am »
I started this tread and I can tell you I will not be signing up for this. They only talked of possible savings. Only when I dug into topic did I find out rates can also go up. Not a very honest approach to the product (that sealed it right there). Secondly I do not like the big brother aspect. Thirdly as it is based on phones in cars I asked what happens if both my wife and myself are in same car (as we often are). Who does the app consider the driver? I forget the answer but it was quite confusing and I think would require the non driver to do something to their phone at every drive.

I do not need to complicate my life with this crap even if I am overlooking a little potential savings.

:thumbup: stick it to the man.