Author Topic: 2 Vehicles, 2 People, 2 Individuals  (Read 577 times)

Offline DoubleJ

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Accord, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Caravan, Mustang
2 Vehicles, 2 People, 2 Individuals
« on: February 03, 2022, 12:48:12 pm »
A bit complicated but I'll do my best to keep short and simple.

I live at a different address and city from my spouse but are both in Ontario.

We each have our own vehicle and insurance however, can often end up driving each others vehicles.

Can I just have both vehicles in my name and insure both of us on the same policy?

If so, will it cost more than what we currently have set up? Also would my spouse still maintain her status of being insured on a policy or would it be looked at she had stopped being insured if she ended up wanting to go back insured on her how policy and own vehicle and start from scratch?

If it matters we both have clean driving records.

I really appreciate any advice or direction for this situation.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: 2 Vehicles, 2 People, 2 Individuals
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 01:16:01 pm »
I license vehicles that are in my name at a different address than what my wife's MDX is registered to.  However, both addresses are in the same geographical area for insurance rates.  Same policy.  The only issue I can see is if one of your vehicles is located in the GTA were rates are higher.  You might have to rate them for the GTA.

Let the insurance company figure it out.  There is no dodging the insurance company when it comes to claims.

DRiving records and accidents are the big issues.