Author Topic: the stealership 🙄  (Read 2275 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: the stealership 🙄
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »
Applies to everything.  Valet parking for example.  If the valet attendant or a mechanic for that matter, is legally impaired and has a wreck or injures/kills a person, you're insurance company can legally walk away from you.  Always been like this. 

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 08:41:09 pm »
Probably happens a lot.  I watched the service rep lady back another customer's NX-300 into my GS-350 at the dealer.  That was a fun Monday.  Not even sure why she was backing it in as it was a drive-thru garage.   ::)  Apparently it wasn't the first time it happened to her.  Anyways, they fixed both cars.

I'd like to know the story behind that crunched up Viper that GBA posted about a few days ago.

Offline ianmcc

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-2
    • View Profile
Re: the stealership
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 09:11:50 pm »
So why not remove your plate, registration and insurance paperwork when you drop off the car for service work?
The dealerships have dealer plates-let them hang one on if they need to road test the car.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 09:17:16 pm »
"When you drop your vehicle off at a dealership to have maintenance done you assume it will be in better shape when you pick it up"

Never assume anything when dealing with the dealers. I've had on various occasions: wrong type of oil put in the work order (advisor in training), oil overfilled by over a litre, under-cover screws stripped and missing, small engine compartment cover broken off (they were searching for a steering fluid reservoir), that fluid not replaced at all, since they couldn't find the tank and assumed it was an electric steering - did not have a problem charging for "work" though. And that is just off top of my head and not getting into more trivial things, like constantly over-torque'd lug nuts.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 09:19:18 pm by EV Dan »
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 09:20:52 pm »
^^^Its stories like that that made me hesitant to bring my truck into the dealer (or any vehicle), much preferring my Indy.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 09:27:50 pm »
^^^Its stories like that that made me hesitant to bring my truck into the dealer (or any vehicle), much preferring my Indy.

Yep. Will be changing all fluids myself and stopping at the dealer for parts or if there is a recall.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 09:29:55 pm »
As a high school lot boy I always loved when customers brought their Buick Grand Nationals in... Lucky that didn't happen to me.

Offline valuator

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 02:56:54 pm »
Probably happens a lot.  I watched the service rep lady back another customer's NX-300 into my GS-350 at the dealer.  That was a fun Monday.  Not even sure why she was backing it in as it was a drive-thru garage.   ::)  Apparently it wasn't the first time it happened to her.  Anyways, they fixed both cars.

I'd like to know the story behind that crunched up Viper that GBA posted about a few days ago.

I'd be :censor: livid.  Just because they fix the damage doesn't make you whole.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 03:33:07 pm »
we had a few things like that happen. every time it was at lease partially our employees fault, so we stepped up to get it fixed. one gal, we wrote off her journey.... we matched her payment to the penny, same term, etc. and got her a nicer/newer journey. other times, we fixed the cars, gave them loaners during the fix, or offered them a trade in of their unit at what it was worth in perfect condition and gave them a deal on some other vehicle on the lot.

just saying not our problem is really not something i have ever had to deal with. i suppose if it was totally not the dealers fault, it would be up to the customers insurance to chase the party at fault ('s insurance). not certain as to why when someone not affiliated with the dealer does something wrong, the dealer would be expected to foot the bill.

while the customer service might be lacking, not really a "stealership" worth comment. 
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now