Author Topic: Speaker Issue 8th Gen Civic  (Read 2004 times)

Offline TroyGLS

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Speaker Issue 8th Gen Civic
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:58 pm »
I have a 2007 Civic EX Coupe with the Premium Sound System (all factory, no mods).  Recently the car has developed an issue where at the same time both rear speakers lost some power.  They still produce sound, but I would say they are at about 40-50% of their usual sound volume and the clarity, which has always been great, is now more like an out of tune radio station.  The subwoofer has also stopped working, though occasionally it will kick in for a few seconds but makes an awful booming sound.  Some have said the speakers are blown, but I find it hard to believe I'd blow both speakers & the subwoofer at the exact same time, but have both speakers still producing some sound.  Others said to check the speakers' connecting wires, but the speakers don't cut in and out at all - consistent sound, just much weaker.  Not sure if it's related, but the dashboard lights (radio controls & HVAC controls) are intermittent as well.  Sometimes they light up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes one is out. Sometimes they all are.  ??? ???

Any suggestions or ideas on what to check or how to possible remedy?  :-[

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Speaker Issue 8th Gen Civic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »
fuses and battery?

at 10 years+ , i would believe it if subwoofer is blown/staticy/weak. 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:31:55 pm »
Go see these guys, they'll hook you up  ;D

https://youtu.be/3fZZRIs04lI
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:57:16 pm »
A short somewhere in the wiring?
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:59:04 pm »
Must be an amp somewhere on that car if it's powering a subwoofer.

I'd check for a faulty amp.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Michelejogn

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 10:20:09 pm »
October issue of Speaker magazine features a full re-cap of Influence '11--the 2011 NSA Convention. NSA11
I realized the issue was when I had my phone on speaker. I recalled and didn't use speaker phone and all went well. thanks!!
PMB speech @ d #UNGA72 is 1 of d best speaker, stating 4m paragraph 11 addressed d global issue wich is d essence of d gathering.
To fix the low sound issue on Episode 3, just play it through a speaker at whatever party you're at.
Unfortunate the speaker didn't allow discussion on the flyover collapse issue. But why is the BJP so upset about debating oil price hike?

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 10:47:52 pm »
October issue of Speaker magazine features a full re-cap of Influence '11--the 2011 NSA Convention. NSA11
I realized the issue was when I had my phone on speaker. I recalled and didn't use speaker phone and all went well. thanks!!
PMB speech @ d #UNGA72 is 1 of d best speaker, stating 4m paragraph 11 addressed d global issue wich is d essence of d gathering.
To fix the low sound issue on Episode 3, just play it through a speaker at whatever party you're at.
Unfortunate the speaker didn't allow discussion on the flyover collapse issue. But why is the BJP so upset about debating oil price hike?

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 10:18:52 am »
For a number of years now, work has been proceeding in order to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:14 am »
For a number of years now, work has been proceeding in order to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

:o  :rofl:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 10:41:17 am »

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »
I like pie!

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 03:35:05 pm »
Sounds like the amp is going. You can probably find a replacement on eBay, or get a new aftermarket amp at your local car audio store.

And now, back to our regular programming.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 05:35:20 pm »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 07:03:33 pm »
i've never seen that written out! the video i play for new hires all the time...
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 08:36:33 pm »
^^^ Me too.  The GE logo just wins it.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 10:35:33 am »
Periodically, I'll hide the cut sheet for the turboencabulator in with the real cut sheets for a project. So far, no one has asked about it.  ;D

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 01:24:28 pm »
^Oh now there is a great idea!
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD