Author Topic: Did I make a good purchase?  (Read 2811 times)

Offline villyp

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: honda civic
Did I make a good purchase?
« on: February 01, 2020, 05:41:45 pm »
So bought a 2016 Jeep cherokee North edition... with 27,000 km on it... for 21grand.

Is that a good price?
Modify message

I think I got scammed on extended warranty price and looking back I think I could have gotten it cheaper...
Paying just over 400/m for for financing

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Did I make a good purchase?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 05:53:14 pm »
Paying just over 400/m for for financing

Meaningless number unless you include term and interest rate.

Offline villyp

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 05:57:58 pm »
I think I got scammed on the term haha. 60 month/ 6.99. with 5 year extended warranty?

Offline villyp

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 06:22:57 pm »
You know what. I definitely got scammed. That's all included with a 5000 down payment.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 06:25:35 pm »
If you are just going to dribble out important information every odd post, nobody will be able to help you. Also, what does it matter now? You bought it. It is now yours. Live and learn.

Offline villyp

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 06:35:00 pm »
I'm just stressing man, what other info is needed to make a worthy judgement on the purchase?

Definitely a live and learn experience! I don't even have the car in my Posession yet actually, just did the paperwork and deposit.

Pretty sure it's too late to back out now right?

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:10:29 pm »
Relax. A three to four year old car with only 27,000 KMS is not going to die on you tomorrow. Yes, you are out of warranty, but brakes and other consumables, should still have half life left yet. I would research your particular vehicle on various Jeep forums and watch for regularly occurring problems. The trick with any vehicle is regular and preventative maintenance. Address problematic areas in advance and you should avoid financial catastrophes. Lastly, don't cheap out with repairs. Spend the few extra dollars because it will save you down the road.

ltruong

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 07:16:33 pm »
Price seams alright if i compare to similar on Kijiji

Offline villyp

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 08:15:39 am »
Relax. A three to four year old car with only 27,000 KMS is not going to die on you tomorrow. Yes, you are out of warranty, but brakes and other consumables, should still have half life left yet. I would research your particular vehicle on various Jeep forums and watch for regularly occurring problems. The trick with any vehicle is regular and preventative maintenance. Address problematic areas in advance and you should avoid financial catastrophes. Lastly, don't cheap out with repairs. Spend the few extra dollars because it will save you down the road.

Okay so. I'm paying the car is 2016 Cherokee with 27,000km.
It was originally listed for 21k, got it down to 20k. Paying 400/m on 6.99% for 60 months. And got the extended warranty 5/years 600,000km??? This is all after a 5k deposit and in the end it was like $27k after taxes and admin fees..

I'm picking up the car this week but I'm honestly like, dreading I made a bad decision. Test drove it and everything and nothing seemed wrong with it. The carfax had like missing info for all of 2019 and like 13k km driven during that year. But apparently no reported damage at all and under the hood looked clean as a whistle.

Offline devo20

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1986 Ford Camper, 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 03:12:01 pm »
Did you get the Chrysler extended warranty? If you got the Gold Plan, it really is a good extended warranty package. The other problem with purchasing vehicles nowadays with all of the supply chain issues, used vehicles are expensive.. No 0% financing generally for purchasing vehicles so it has for sure changed the buying environment for everyone..

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 01:52:29 pm »
Asking if purchase was a good one after the purchase is a bit silly. But you are not alone. I bought a car and then brought it to my long time mechanic to get it inspected and ask his opinion after the purchase.

He told me in a very nice way that I got the normal order of the processes all ass backwards. We had a chuckle. Luckily the car was OK.

If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 02:14:50 pm »
2 yr old thread... :sleep:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 09:51:42 pm »
 :rofl2: