Author Topic: Test Drive: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 75th Anniversary Edition 4x4  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Any of them in Ontario?  :-)

Get an old 3 series BMW, some subwoofers and play some cheesy Euro techno....its like bait for eastern Europeans. Bonus points for Adidas tracksuit lol
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary

Get an old 3 series BMW, some subwoofers and play some cheesy Euro techno....its like bait for eastern Europeans. Bonus points for Adidas tracksuit lol

Noted!

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
X6 for full effect lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary

;D

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
^^Thank you, master GIFffers...my Friday is now complete  :bow:

Seriously, this is a skill...lol
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
I'd look for a used Summit: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Jeep/Grand+Cherokee/Trenton/Ontario/5_30632380_ON20080205094253125/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=5_15_31

I paid less than that for my Ecodiesel last June with only 1015kms on the clock & it's optioned exactly the same  :rofl2:  Agree though, still a good deal over new, considering this thing would've been ~$70k before taxes!  :fall:
And tells us how many sensors have been change since you got it , I bet a lot less than the ML  ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
the 75th package on a limited is kind of an odd one... haven't even seen one in the flesh actually. i would go with a 75th laredo or just a regular limited... and yeah, if going with a limited with the more common v6, just get a one year old one... can find the occasional exec. leased one for a good buy... or a rental for even a bit less.

as for the MB comparo... meh.. i've had a lot of higher end cars on my lot lately, and if anything, it has made me appreciate the newer build quality of the chryco stuff... it still has it's issues, but to dismiss it all together is a mistake. and the whole daimler chrysler days? god... as someone who worked pre, during and post, it was the worst time for chrysler... whether with factory communication, with product development, build quality, and new deals with suppliers... it was the worst... look at a grand cherokee pre daimler, during, then after... the during is the worst...
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD

Noted!

;D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
I'd look for a used Summit: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Jeep/Grand+Cherokee/Trenton/Ontario/5_30632380_ON20080205094253125/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=5_15_31

I paid less than that for my Ecodiesel last June with only 1015kms on the clock & it's optioned exactly the same  :rofl2:  Agree though, still a good deal over new, considering this thing would've been ~$70k before taxes!  :fall:
And tells us how many sensors have been change since you got it , I bet a lot less than the ML  ;D
No issues yet, just cruised past 20k kms today. 1 oil change & DEF, that's it so far [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
the 75th package on a limited is kind of an odd one... haven't even seen one in the flesh actually. i would go with a 75th laredo or just a regular limited... and yeah, if going with a limited with the more common v6, just get a one year old one... can find the occasional exec. leased one for a good buy... or a rental for even a bit less.

as for the MB comparo... meh.. i've had a lot of higher end cars on my lot lately, and if anything, it has made me appreciate the newer build quality of the chryco stuff... it still has it's issues, but to dismiss it all together is a mistake. and the whole daimler chrysler days? god... as someone who worked pre, during and post, it was the worst time for chrysler... whether with factory communication, with product development, build quality, and new deals with suppliers... it was the worst... look at a grand cherokee pre daimler, during, then after... the during is the worst...

I had a 98 JGC (pre Daimler) for 4 years....hard to believe they could have gotten any worse.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
the stuff you touched, and looked at all day was worse... there were some improvements in other aspects, but the seats weren't as nice.. dash seemed cheaper... less thought seemed to go into the design... one of the few cars where my initial reaction of, "well this doesn't really seem better" has held true over the years...

and the 98 would have been the generation even previous to that... in 99 when they redesigned, it was pretty significant in my eyes. the change from 04-05 was when the interior just got cheapened...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
The 99-04 had a decent interior... the 05-10 was the worst, covered in hard plastics, 11 - 13 weren't too bad, but the 14 update made huge strides in improvement I think, inside & out.