Author Topic: Xiaomi SU7 800 km on the battery  (Read 865 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +38/-239
    • View Profile
Xiaomi SU7 800 km on the battery
« on: April 12, 2024, 06:48:20 pm »
Xiaomi has officially launched its first car, the Xiaomi SU7 electric sedan. It comes in two versions: the base model SU7 and the performance version SU7 Max. The SU7 features a 101 kWh battery with CATL cells, providing a maximum range of 800 km. The AWD version of the SU7 Max boasts 495 kW of power, achieving 0-100 km/h acceleration in 2.78 seconds and a top speed of 265 km/h. The car utilizes Xiaomi's in-house developed V6 motor and sits on the Modena platform. It boasts advanced technology, including a 16.1" central control screen, HyperOS cockpit operation system, and Xiaomi Pilot ADAS. The SU7 aims to compete with cars like the Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model S in China it going to be price around 29,900. I'd buy this.

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/28/xiaomi-su7-launched-with-830-km-range-starts-at-29900-usd/

https://www.mi.com/global/discover/article?id=3263

800 on the battery  :o

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:52:12 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Re: Xiaomi SU7 800 km on the battery
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 06:55:38 pm »
Xiaomi has officially launched its first car, the Xiaomi SU7 electric sedan. It comes in two versions: the base model SU7 and the performance version SU7 Max. The SU7 features a 101 kWh battery with CATL cells, providing a maximum range of 800 km. The AWD version of the SU7 Max boasts 495 kW of power, achieving 0-100 km/h acceleration in 2.78 seconds and a top speed of 265 km/h. The car utilizes Xiaomi's in-house developed V6 motor and sits on the Modena platform. It boasts advanced technology, including a 16.1" central control screen, HyperOS cockpit operation system, and Xiaomi Pilot ADAS. The SU7 aims to compete with cars like the Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model S in China it going to be price around 29,900. I'd buy this.

https://carnewschina.com/2024/03/28/xiaomi-su7-launched-with-830-km-range-starts-at-29900-usd/

I see Tesla in the front and Mercedes in the back.
Good looking for sure.
If this ever comes here I wonder what the pricing will be.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 07:04:41 pm »

I see Tesla in the front and Mercedes in the back.
Good looking for sure.
If this ever comes here I wonder what the pricing will be.

if that SU7 hits the market here, it's gonna be game over for the old internal combustion engine. The Chinese are killing it in the EV game, and this car is their latest weapon. I heard they're already ahead of us in terms of tech and affordability. The US tariffs on Chinese car imports right now about 27%., This pretty much why BYD isn't here. BYD, even use there own ships to Import.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 07:32:08 pm »
Oh really? Chinese are ahead on affordability?

Can't be their slave labor and total disregard for human and environmental laws could it?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:37:33 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 09:24:42 pm »
Oh really? Chinese are ahead on affordability?

Can't be their slave labor and total disregard for human and environmental laws could it?

Lol. Every day, we all use Chinese products, including yourself. Furthermore, it's highly probable that you own an item produced through child labor. Take, for example, the batteries we rely on daily. However, I'm unsure of your point. I say as right now Xiaomi are, 800 KM on a battery and affordable. 

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1160
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 08:38:05 am »
Well the 800 km range is CATL. To have an EPA range, much closer to reality you need to take out 35% so 520 km real range. Also that model, with the larger battery is $41,500 USD so $57,163 CAD. But still good for a car that is close to the Taycan in performance numbers.

What I read about Chinese EV being exported to Europe is not very encouraging however, if you thought Tesla quality was iffy, "you ain't see nothing yet"!

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 09:04:36 am »
Well the 800 km range is CATL. To have an EPA range, much closer to reality you need to take out 35% so 520 km real range. Also that model, with the larger battery is $41,500 USD so $57,163 CAD. But still good for a car that is close to the Taycan in performance numbers.

What I read about Chinese EV being exported to Europe is not very encouraging however, if you thought Tesla quality was iffy, "you ain't see nothing yet"!

Tesla, is very happy about the Chinese making their cars. There are some notable ones like SAIC Motor, Dongfeng, FAW Group, GAC Group, Changan Auto, BYD Auto, Chery, and Geely Auto, just to name a few. It's not all bad. Interestingly, anyone driving a Volvo is already driving a car from Zhejiang Geely Holding. So they can produce decent products, no worst than Dodge, GM or Nissan. 

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 11:54:03 am »
Curiously enough, China did not allow the Detroit 3 cars sold in their market, unless they partnered up with another local mfg. Which IIRC they did. NAFTA should use the same rules or some chicken tax, or else have their local automakers go the dodo way. China uses cheap Russian gas while JT here is carbon-taxing local manufacturing out of existence, which doesn't make for a level playing field.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 12:34:41 pm »
Curiously enough, China did not allow the Detroit 3 cars sold in their market, unless they partnered up with another local mfg. Which IIRC they did. NAFTA should use the same rules or some chicken tax, or else have their local automakers go the dodo way. China uses cheap Russian gas while JT here is carbon-taxing local manufacturing out of existence, which doesn't make for a level playing field.

And now they want to do the same. It's the Japanese car  industry and the 1970's all over again, Accept it's now the Chinese.

In February, President Biden said that China's policies "could flood our market with its vehicles, posing risks to our national security" and that he would "not let that happen on my watch."

Biden urged to ban China-made electric vehicles. Umm. I wonder if the US, is going to ban Volvo.  ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cyerg64dn97o

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 02:36:31 pm »

Biden urged to ban China-made electric vehicles. Umm. I wonder if the US, is going to ban Volvo.  ;)

Let's hope so!

Fingers crossed.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 10:47:53 am »

Let's hope so!

Fingers crossed.

Chinese-made cars have already made their mark in the American market with models like the Volvo S90, Polestar 1 and 2, Lincoln Nautilus, and Buick Envision. So I don't think it would be possible. CATL (Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited), is the head of the game in lithium-ion battery advancements.CATL's batteries boast impressive energy density, translating to extended driving ranges for electric vehicles. This higher energy density means more power stored in the same size or weight battery pack, maximizing EV range without sacrificing performance. The batteries are engineered to prevent overheating, ensuring both safety and longevity. Banning cheaper EV imports might be the primary target. However, as the competition intensifies and technology evolves, the playing field between domestic and imported EVs is likely to level out. Even Tesla wants this Chinese made battery. BMW did a deal a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LuM0vOcWtM

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 01:30:10 pm »
Isn't it why the fall of Detroit/Motown in the 50s to 70s happened?  American companies rather have communist labor instead of hiring their American neighbors?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:33:18 pm by WP v3.32 »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 02:59:00 pm »

. So I don't think it would be possible.

Of course it's possible.

And let's hope they do it.

Biden was talking of tripling tariffs on steel and aluminum this week.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2024, 06:47:55 pm »

Isn't it why the fall of Detroit/Motown in the 50s to 70s happened?  American companies rather have communist labor instead of hiring their American neighbors?

LOl, It was more the Japanese, making reliable cars. I let that one slide  ;)

. So I don't think it would be possible.

Of course it's possible.

And let's hope they do it.

Biden was talking of tripling tariffs on steel and aluminum this week.

In order to achieve a so-called green economy, mass adoption of electric vehicles is necessary. Thus, it seems somewhat short-sighted. There has been a push towards innovation and sustainability in the automotive industry, with a growing emphasis on electric vehicles, autonomous driving technology, and environmentally friendly manufacturing processes. This shift has posed both challenges and opportunities for the US. In Europe, there isn't much difference in price compared to other EVs, and they do not pose a significant threat. I would go as far as to say that this could hurt the Big 3. They should put effort into building a affordable EV product and push innovation rather than close the market to the Chinese EVs.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 09:41:19 pm »
. They should put effort into building a affordable EV product and push innovation rather than close the market to the Chinese EVs.

Nope, close the market to Chinese EVs. China is able to have cheap EVs through industrial espionage, zero environmental regulation, slave labor, etc.

We shouldn't reward that behavior by letting them kneecap our industry...where all regulations must be followed.

Fack them and anyone who buys one.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:30:59 am by rrocket »

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 11:14:41 pm »
. They should put effort into building a affordable EV product and push innovation rather than close the market to the Chinese EVs.

Nope, close the market to Chinese EVs. China is able to have cheap EVs through industrial espionage, zero environmental regulation, slave labor, etc.

We shouldn't reward that behavior by letting them kneecap our industry...where all regulations must be followers.

Whole hardily agree and the same should apply to oil imports on the east coast from Saudi...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 11:25:20 pm »

We shouldn't reward that behavior by letting them kneecap our industry...where all regulations must be followers.

Whole hardily agree and the same should apply to oil imports on the east coast from Saudi...
:iagree:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 05:00:12 am »

Lol. Have you ever tried to avoid Chinese products. Your house and most of your life you have been using Chinese made stuff. Finding non made Chinese products is really hard. Just start looking for  cups and plates for instance or clothes for that mater, your going to have to avoid both Tesla, Buck and Volvo. Otherwise that's kinda er hypercritical..Lol. Good luck 😁

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 07:10:19 am »

Lol. Have you ever tried to avoid Chinese products. Your house and most of your life you have been using Chinese made stuff. Finding non made Chinese products is really hard. Just start looking for  cups and plates for instance or clothes for that mater, your going to have to avoid both Tesla, Buck and Volvo. Otherwise that's kinda er hypercritical..Lol. Good luck [emoji16]

Agreed, finding non-Chinese items can be difficult and some of those purchases are near impossible to avoid.

Which is why it's even more important to avoid buying and to protect the market from big ticket Chinese items like a car. In this case, it's easy to avoid making such a purchase. Just buy something else.

Unless you're a pinko.

I thought most would be smart enough to understand this without explanation. But here we are.

And this is why you need govt intervention to ban/tariff these things and keep them from our market.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 07:14:39 am by rrocket »

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 09:54:14 am »

And exporting weapons.