Author Topic: 2024 Montreal Auto Show  (Read 1064 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: 2024 Montreal Auto Show
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 11:26:43 am »
Edmonton used to have one every spring until Covid. Especially great when you were car shopping, being able to go from vehicle to vehicle without a salesman breathing down your neck was gold

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 03:30:47 pm »
25 years ago the Toronto show downtown was pretty good.   You could get there with little delay.  Park across from the show outside.  Cars were very affordable.  Gasoline costs were an afterthought.  Life was good.  :)

Now, just getting to the show is a traumatic experience.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 04:29:29 pm »
Edmonton used to have one every spring until Covid. Especially great when you were car shopping, being able to go from vehicle to vehicle without a salesman breathing down your neck was gold

This. Google won't tell you if a car's ergonomics are completely wrong for your physique.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 04:34:27 pm »
Toronto show is going to be a disaster again this year, The Germans, Jaguar and others aren't coming again, last years was like this as well and it was a waste of time, not doing that again this year... too bad I always look forward to going to the show, especially that next year I will be buying a new vehicle..

Yeah I used to like these events but not anymore.   I haven't been to one in about 5 years. Super cars...? Meh ,   New Trucks....?  meh.  Electric cars....Meh?

I'd prefer a hobbyist show I think, maybe some cool build projects form individuals.

Although the Motorcycle show is soon here in Calgary.  I might go to that one.

In 2023, with so many manufacturers pulling out, the Show received complaints as there was only one floor vs entry fee.

This year, they went back to 3 floors in the congress center. The top had Mitsu/Infiniti, the Shelby club and a few smaller booths like ours.

Next floor was a surprise, as Room 1 had boats, ATVs and motorcycles. The others rooms were modded cars, a few classics and various vendors.

Main floor had the rest of the manufacturers, plus a part of Luc Poirier's vast Ferrari collection - at least a half billion's worth on display.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 04:44:15 pm »

This. Google won't tell you if a car's ergonomics are completely wrong for your physique.

Or if the better half likes/hates the vehicles in question or not, logic be damned  :D