Author Topic: Our RX350 Fsport stolen 2 days ago from driveway  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 BMW X5 45e , 2012 Boxster, 2020 Honda Civic Ex(lease), 2019 BMW X2(leased), 2018 Rx350 Sport2(stolen), ML350 BT 2011(traded), 530xi 2006(traded ), Odyssey EXL 2006(sold), Maxima GLE 2002(traded)
Our RX350 Fsport stolen 2 days ago from driveway
« on: March 11, 2022, 02:16:03 pm »
Hi
       Our Lexus 2018 Fsport was stolen 2 days ago. I got a call within 24 hours from the adjuster who greeted me with, do you want to settle? .  Being still under the shock of the vehicle loss and the potential financial implications, i said yes and within 2 minutes, he threw a number at me which i thought was reasonable but not having really inquired out there to get a similar car (RX350 fsport2 40k kms) Reality is that for the money he offered i could not buy the same used car equivalent. I would be short around 10K. 
I know that they are in it for the money but, you pay insurance for 30 years and the one time you need them they screw you over. For those of you who know the law, isn't a rule/law that allows backing out of a settlement within 3 days or something. I feel we have been doubly victimized.                 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Our RX350 Fsport stolen 2 days ago from driveway
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 10:30:17 pm »
To break this vicious cycle, we need to find our happiness some other place —inside ourselves. in other phrases, happiness is absolutely an inside activity. the important thing to locating happiness is to keep in mind that happiness is a desire in place of the result of an revel in. we have been given the entirety
We want to be satisfied. allow yourself to pick happiness. if existence become best, would you be satisfied? life is ideal due to the fact we create it with our selections. on the grounds that we can create lifestyles, we will create happiness and select how a good deal higher our lives can get!

Tell that BS to the Ukrainians.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 10:40:32 pm »
For those of you who know the law, isn't a rule/law that allows backing out of a settlement within 3 days or something.

No law.  Not a hot water rental.  Does seem highly unusual that they proceeded so quickly.  First they need a Police Report and those aren't issued immediately.  Generally a week must past before anything happens.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 11:18:15 pm »
For those of you who know the law, isn't a rule/law that allows backing out of a settlement within 3 days or something.

No law.  Not a hot water rental.  Does seem highly unusual that they proceeded so quickly.  First they need a Police Report and those aren't issued immediately.  Generally a week must past before anything happens.

Also...since it's an insurance company...they WILL low ball you.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 07:42:10 am »

Also...since it's an insurance company...they WILL low ball you.
Yup, always do your homework prior to accepting any settlement from an insurance company.  Maybe just call the insurance company or the adjuster and explain the issue.  Maybe you might get someone sympathetic and they make the proper adjustment.

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 BMW X5 45e , 2012 Boxster, 2020 Honda Civic Ex(lease), 2019 BMW X2(leased), 2018 Rx350 Sport2(stolen), ML350 BT 2011(traded), 530xi 2006(traded ), Odyssey EXL 2006(sold), Maxima GLE 2002(traded)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 09:18:40 am »

I got a police report # by end of day of the actual event and a settlement by 9 am the next day....all too dazzling to me and very frustrating as I rushed to say yes. anyway, you live and learn

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 09:21:25 am »

I got a police report # by end of day of the actual event and a settlement by 9 am the next day....all too dazzling to me and very frustrating as I rushed to say yes. anyway, you live and learn
Tried, he just about laughed at me as he knew that there wasn't much I could do! well I am taking my business away that is for sure (over 6k in insurance costs per year in average) for the last 25 years +

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 09:22:37 am »

Tried, he just about laughed at me as he knew that there wasn't much I could do! well I am taking my business away that is for sure (over 6k in insurance costs per year in average) for the last 25 years +
That is too bad.  I generally hate insurance companies, one of the lowest of the lows.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 10:32:36 am »

That is too bad.  I generally hate insurance companies, one of the lowest of the lows.

They really freaking are, always going after people when they are frazzled and can be taken advantage of, scumbags, the lot of them.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 06:04:12 pm »

Short update on my dealings with the insurance dudes.
I called my broker and complained that I was treated like s@#! by the assessor the one time I needed help after being a customer who has spent more than 100k in premiums over the years. Believe it or not, I got a call back by the assessor, asked for a copy of my original lease contract and said he is resubmitting it for assessment. I am not holding my breath but I  would love to be happily surprised with a bigger settlement. I will let everybody know how it goes. By the way, I was told by my Lexus dealer that there is 5k waiting for me if I present a settlement with insurance and a police report. Who knew?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 06:06:42 pm »

I called my broker and complained that I was treated like s@#! by the assessor the one time I needed help after being a customer who has spent more than 100k in premiums over the years. Believe it or not, I got a call back by the assessor, asked for a copy of my original lease contract and said he is resubmitting it for assessment. I am not holding my breath but I  would love to be happily surprised with a bigger settlement. I will let everybody know how it goes. By the way, I was told by my Lexus dealer that there is 5k waiting for me if I present a settlement with insurance and a police report. Who knew?
Don't be scared to counter offer/hold out if you don't like the offer.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 06:14:47 pm »
Well I wish you luck.  Hopefully they do the right thing.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2022, 08:02:26 pm »
By the way, I was told by my Lexus dealer that there is 5k waiting for me if I present a settlement with insurance and a police report. Who knew?

Could that go towards a RX450h or a RZ450e?

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 08:19:44 pm »
By the way, I was told by my Lexus dealer that there is 5k waiting for me if I present a settlement with insurance and a police report. Who knew?

Could that go towards a RX450h or a RZ450e?
That would be sweet

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 12:49:49 pm »

$5k from the dealer or Lexus Canada?

Wishing you luck with the claim.

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 04:25:45 pm »

the 5k is the outcome of the car having been registered at purchase time with some central database (fee is 499). The discount is from the dealer as I understand it. Here is a link https://securedrive.ca/anti-theft/

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 05:12:20 pm »

the 5k is the outcome of the car having been registered at purchase time with some central database (fee is 499). The discount is from the dealer as I understand it. Here is a link https://securedrive.ca/anti-theft/

Ah ok this is very common and is part of the "Admin" or similar security etching fee. This time it has paid off for you.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/what-happens-when-you-buy-car-admin-fee-2260383/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:24:02 pm by 1FGC »

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 06:07:21 pm »
Yes, my leased Minis included something similar. It’s a no brainer for whatever company underwrites that product - collect a few bucks from every new car sale and very rarely have to pay it out. Plus it incentivizes people to replace their stolen vehicle with one of the same brand.

Offline Ottawa

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2022, 10:02:43 am »

Last update: Settlement is now finalized. They basically are buying me (my choice) or paying the equivalent of a new RX350 Sport 2020 taxes in. I am ecstatic. Debating whether I should upgrade to a 450h Luxury given the 5k from the dealer or go somewhere else altogether.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 10:08:29 am »

Last update: Settlement is now finalized. They basically are buying me (my choice) or paying the equivalent of a new RX350 Sport 2020 taxes in. I am ecstatic. Debating whether I should upgrade to a 450h Luxury given the 5k from the dealer or go somewhere else altogether.
That's a great outcome indeed.  Your insurance broker should be getting a nice little call/email from you thanking them for the help in resolving the issue.  That's how you keep customers.

As far as what you should do, I vote on upgrading to the 450h Luxury.  You'll save a bit on gas and have some more power to boot.  I think it's a win win.