Author Topic: H2-Flex Water-Gas Hybrid Kit runs your car on Water  (Read 16989 times)

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1141
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
Re: H2-Flex Water-Gas Hybrid Kit runs your car on Water
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »
 :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:26 pm »
Solar winds do not contravene the basic laws of physics.  HHO machines do.  It's not that we don't understand how your thing is supposed to work, we do.  It's just not going to work.  You cannot strip hydrogen molecules from water without an energy input.  Breaking molecular bonds requires energy - there's no scientific discovery coming that will overcome that.
In some video I watched about this magic box they said it runs on water, pee, aluminum and caustic soda. Without trying to recall chemistry basics, it is of course possible to make H2 in a simple enough chemical reaction of a few ingredients. Claims of some invention or break through are raw BS of course.

So, it doesn't run on water, it runs on other things and water.

Chemistry is wonderful.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »
You CAN make hydrogen from water not using any other substances, but it's difficult.  Requires a lot of power.  Not a simple thing to do at home, or with things you can fit in an Instant Pot, even if it is a king-sized instant pot.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2017, 07:39:15 pm »
You CAN make hydrogen from water not using any other substances, but it's difficult.  Requires a lot of power.  Not a simple thing to do at home, or with things you can fit in an Instant Pot, even if it is a king-sized instant pot.

You could...but in vastly insufficient amounts to power a car IMO.

For example, the HHO welder I saw, the wand was about the size of a drinking straw from a juice box.  It was teeny, tiny.  While the HHO unit itself was about 1 square foot.  So quite large compared to the amount of gas produced.

FWIW, this was used by my dad's client, a jeweler...she said these welders were "not uncommon" in the trade.  But that's about where my experience with HHO welders begins...and ends.

**EDIT** Perhaps welding is the wrong term...it was used for jewelry making, so I'm guessing more brazing/light cutting than anything else.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:44:49 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2017, 09:27:22 pm »
HHO welders use a chemical reaction combined with electrical power and they're horrifically inefficient and they work like crap too.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »
HHO welders use a chemical reaction combined with electrical power and they're horrifically inefficient and they work like crap too.

Actually, they cut crazy, crazy hot.

Only good for torching (cutting) and brazing.  Very limited use.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2017, 10:16:49 pm »
Yeah, limited use, and it's a :censor: managing the moisture that comes off them - but for some applications some people like them.

We had one in my high school welding shop, I never even learned how to use it - I was having way too much fun with the oxy acetylene units.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2017, 08:19:02 am »
I was having way too much fun with the oxy acetylene units.

We did too!  You fill a Coke can or a Styrofoam cup (upside down cup) with gas vapour and then you hit it with a live flame.  Makes quite the bang.  ;D

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2017, 11:08:47 am »
I welded a wrench to the table.  Left the handle sticking out off the edge of the table.  My shop teacher came along, mad as we always left tools out, and grabbed the handle.  His reaction was priceless.

The wood shop got these super small dowels, so I cut off a piece and painted it at home with model paint - shiny metal model paint.  My friend tried to weld something with it - when it burst into flames - it was hilarious.

We did stuff like that all the time.  Loved shop class in school.  Well, not quite all the time.  Once in auto shop, my bud left the oil filler cap for a car sitting on the rad.  He started the car, the cap fell into the fan and got shot out right through the rad.  The same dolt hooked a boost up battery to battery, not using a ground, and the being-boosted battery exploded.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2017, 11:36:32 am »
My 9th grade science teacher took an old Pringles tin, flipped it upside down and cut a small hole in the lid on the bottom.  He put a rubber tube into the lid, and then pumped H2 gas into it.

...we all recall fondly how he took Kleenex and shoved it in his ears as earplugs (fail).  The boom was fun, and set off the fire alarm.

...we also recall when he put caesium in a beaker full of water.  Not content with the size of the reaction, he took a much larger chunk and threw it in a toilet.

We really missed him after he was fired.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »
:rofl2:

We had a Mr. Coburn for grade 12 chemistry. He was retiring that year, and spent a fair amount of time reminiscing about pranks kids had pulled on him over the years.

A couple of us decided we should do something memorable and stuffed a bunch of magnesium ribbon into the flameguard of his Bunsen burner. He got into the lab, sparked it up and started to go over the method for that class. The magnesium lit off and we had a nice Roman candle going for a bit. His only response was "Good one boys!" and a chuckle.

Oh, the good old days.  ;D 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:07:53 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:04 pm »
My 9th grade science teacher took an old Pringles tin, flipped it upside down and cut a small hole in the lid on the bottom.  He put a rubber tube into the lid, and then pumped H2 gas into it.

...we all recall fondly how he took Kleenex and shoved it in his ears as earplugs (fail).  The boom was fun, and set off the fire alarm.

...we also recall when he put caesium in a beaker full of water.  Not content with the size of the reaction, he took a much larger chunk and threw it in a toilet.

We really missed him after he was fired.

Since we're talking hydrogen and explosions,  here's one of my favorite youtubers -
Filling a condom with hydrogen, and of course exposing it to flame.
Good stuff.   ;D

https://youtu.be/pHN4Tzb0yPs?t=9m4s

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2017, 01:49:54 pm »
While I wasn't "part" of this one, and didn't go to that school, I was, indeed, in the building when this one went down:

Typically used in high school science classes to demonstrate simple diffusion, crystals of potassium permanganate are dropped in a petri dish with water.

...some students thought that, since potassium permanganate is purple, how funny would it be to smother it all over the railings of the main staircase?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/students-sent-to-hospital-in-prank-with-chemical/article18267228/

Offline wonderer999

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Grand Am
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2017, 08:12:13 pm »
Throughout the history of mankind ALL new inventions that go against conventional thinking has always been disregarded as a scam or impossible. All this negativity, skepticism and ridicule really puts a smile to my face   :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »
Throughout the history of mankind ALL new inventions that go against conventional thinking has always been disregarded as a scam or impossible. All this negativity, skepticism and ridicule really puts a smile to my face   :)

I tell you what.

Send me one for free.  I'll test it.  If it works, I'll say so.

If it doesn't work I'll say so too.

If ti's a great as you say, surely you have nothing to lose.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2017, 08:27:57 pm »
Throughout the history of mankind ALL new inventions that go against conventional thinking the laws of physics has always been disregarded as a scam or impossible because they are.

fixed that for you
Mr Pickypants

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2017, 10:48:09 pm »

I tell you what.

Send me one for free.  I'll test it.  If it works, I'll say so.

If it doesn't work I'll say so too.

If ti's a great as you say, surely you have nothing to lose.

I'm totally game for this.  I'd believe rrocket's findings in a heart beat...I mean he had a Supra that literally shi# on 911's!!  I mean talk about scientifically impossible improbable unlikely tough to prove!!  If anyone can get blood from a stone, or gas from an Instant Pot, it'll be rrocket. 
You just https://youtu.be/6Cs3Pvmmv0E?t=1m39s

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2017, 11:05:52 pm »

Instead of being a knob, just explain how it works.

Offline wonderer999

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Grand Am
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:48 am »

Instead of being a knob, just explain how it works.

Watch the Youtube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0Fgr_AbeY&t=147s