Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1044671 times)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1820 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:13 pm »
I get a text from my sister yesterday. My niece is 16 and my sister wants to get her a car. She said she couldn't find anything local. She's budgeted about $9k.

That sounded odd to me. So I looked on Kijiji in NB. It didn't take long to see a fairly long list of good used cars. I send her some links for promising looking Corollas/Vibetrix/Camrys.

"STANDARD? No way!"
"These cars only have AC and cruise control!"
"You have to crank the windows?"
"110k kilometers seems high."
"We're not doing a private sale. Dealer only."
 Etc.

Ah. The problem isn't lack of cars, it's the lack of loaded up used cars that are in perfect condition, are only a couple of years old and low kilometres. 

I wished her luck. ;D

Dude...how far is Laval? Gurgie didn't bite...your sis wants a nice car for the girl? Here you go!  ;D
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fusion/LAVAL/Quebec/19_10329642_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=37_15_110
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:06:09 am by BWII »

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 20, 2017, 06:40:13 am »
I get a text from my sister yesterday. My niece is 16 and my sister wants to get her a car. She said she couldn't find anything local. She's budgeted about $9k.

That sounded odd to me. So I looked on Kijiji in NB. It didn't take long to see a fairly long list of good used cars. I send her some links for promising looking Corollas/Vibetrix/Camrys.

"STANDARD? No way!"
"These cars only have AC and cruise control!"
"You have to crank the windows?"
"110k kilometers seems high."
"We're not doing a private sale. Dealer only."
 Etc.

Ah. The problem isn't lack of cars, it's the lack of loaded up used cars that are in perfect condition, are only a couple of years old and low kilometres. 

I wished her luck. ;D

See, that's the sense of entitlement that Harper used to mention, LOL.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1822 on: October 20, 2017, 08:41:17 am »
Oh they gave the information, looked it up. Dont remember driving there at all. Mind you, we got lost a few times and some driving was with not much forethought - got stuck in a few intersections, in wrong lanes, merging onto wrong highways, etc. The fact that our cells [and thus GPS] didnt have reception in many parts of the city just made things worse.

Lesson learned. Dont drive in MEL unless you know where you are going and have a good route planned beforehand.
Boo that sucks, sorry to hear. Pricey for a first-time offence, IMO.

Reminds me of my nightmare search for parking last week in San Sébastian ES.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 23, 2017, 06:57:17 pm »
Spending $100 on a new pillow.  I'm only mildly irritated though.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1824 on: October 23, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »

I have this $30 backcountry pillow and OMG, what a godsend.  It's made my nights so much better and it weighs less than 200g for the large one, packs down tiny and is crazy comfy and warm.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5046-842/Deluxe-Pillow

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1825 on: October 23, 2017, 07:58:28 pm »

I have this $30 backcountry pillow and OMG, what a godsend.  It's made my nights so much better and it weighs less than 200g for the large one, packs down tiny and is crazy comfy and warm.

I might have to check that out. I’ve got an MEC camping pillow, but it’s not very deluxe: the cover is nylon, so I have to wrap it in a t-shirt or else it sticks to my face while I sleep.  :P

But what is most irritating is that I don’t even use it for camping. I keep it in my suitcase for emergency use when I end up in a hotel that only has those unbelievably stupid and painfully uncomfortable pillows that are 12” thick and won’t compress unless your head weighs 50 lbs.

WTF is up with that anyway? I assume hotels do that because the bed looks all plump and fluffy when you walk in the room, or possibly because they’re comfortable behind your back for watching TV in bed, but FFS, what about for actually sleeping?  ::)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 23, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »

I'm partial to the Nemo Fillo.  Packs super small.  VERY comfy.  Great size too...about 18" wide.

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=Fillo+%28Moss+Green%29

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:06:01 pm by rrocket »

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 23, 2017, 08:04:29 pm »

I might have to check that out. I’ve got an MEC camping pillow, but it’s not very deluxe: the cover is nylon, so I have to wrap it in a t-shirt or else it sticks to my face while I sleep.  :P

But what is most irritating is that I don’t even use it for camping. I keep it in my suitcase for emergency use when I end up in a hotel that only has those unbelievably stupid and painfully uncomfortable pillows that are 12” thick and won’t compress unless your head weighs 50 lbs.

WTF is up with that anyway? I assume hotels do that because the bed looks all plump and fluffy when you walk in the room, or possibly because they’re comfortable behind your back for watching TV in bed, but FFS, what about for actually sleeping?  ::)

Yea, I'm pretty fussy about my head orientation when sleeping.  I've generally used those weird looking memory foam contour pillows.

But IQ suggested I try a shredded memory foam pillow...you can add/remove to add loft.  We'll see how it goes.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1828 on: October 23, 2017, 08:12:16 pm »
^^ lol, I’ve got one each of those: my main pillow at home is a contoured memory foam and I love it. I’ve also got one that’s full of the shredded memory foam and like it, too. Best part about the shredded one is that it’s super heavy - I put it over my head if I want to block out any noise or light.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 23, 2017, 08:19:32 pm »
^^ lol, I’ve got one each of those: my main pillow at home is a contoured memory foam and I love it. I’ve also got one that’s full of the shredded memory foam and like it, too. Best part about the shredded one is that it’s super heavy - I put it over my head if I want to block out any noise or light.

Well I'll see if I can adjust.  I wish I could find the contoured pillow that's larger.  They're all a bit small IMO.

IQ's memory foam pillow is REALLY heavy.  Like...if you had a pillow fight, you'd be knocked unconscious.  It must be 5lbs.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: October 23, 2017, 09:21:49 pm »

I thought someone said your pillows were bigger just the other day?

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 23, 2017, 09:25:34 pm »

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:59 pm »

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 23, 2017, 11:59:47 pm »
Oh right...almost forgot.  Dog taking a pi$$ on the carpet this AM.  Full bladder, I guess.  Dammit! I took you out last night at 11:15! WTF is wrong with you!?
Go out this AM and his usual pee spot has a dump there instead.  Well that explains why I didn't hear him pee last night...and also why when we came inside he was still panting (that seems to be his "I have to PEE!" sign). 

Soaked the carpet with hot water, shop vac'd, vinegar and more steaming hot water...hope he doesn't do it again. There's a kennel outside...I can get it ready in time for winter.  >:(  If he didn't look so damned sad this AM I might've stuck him in for the day...but I guess it was my fault...how can you not forgive "I'm sorry" face?

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1834 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:29 am »
Oh right...almost forgot.  Dog taking a pi$$ on the carpet this AM.  Full bladder, I guess.  Dammit! I took you out last night at 11:15! WTF is wrong with you!?
Go out this AM and his usual pee spot has a dump there instead.  Well that explains why I didn't hear him pee last night...and also why when we came inside he was still panting (that seems to be his "I have to PEE!" sign). 

Soaked the carpet with hot water, shop vac'd, vinegar and more steaming hot water...hope he doesn't do it again. There's a kennel outside...I can get it ready in time for winter.  >:(  If he didn't look so damned sad this AM I might've stuck him in for the day...but I guess it was my fault...how can you not forgive "I'm sorry" face?

There's a great line of products called "Nature's Miracle", great for cleaning up anything that might leave an odor or stains like that.  Try it out
Mr Pickypants

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 24, 2017, 01:45:24 pm »
One of my co-worker's suggested lead...oh wait... :P

;D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1836 on: November 02, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »
Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh.    Found out my mother throws out every printer she's ever bought when it runs out of ink.

Just rescued her latest from the garbage, she said it didn't work, I just printed 4 pages with it.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:50 pm »
Well, when a new printer is cheaper than buying ink...buy a new printer.  Jets are probably plugged up by then anyway. 

I'm irritated you have to put a postal code into Auto Traders search in order to search.  If I want to fecking look in Ontario, I know damn well I facking want to look in Ontario!  Now I gotta find a facking ON postal code first?  Fack me. Fack you. Fack.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 03, 2017, 12:03:04 am »
Well, when a new printer is cheaper than buying ink...buy a new printer.  Jets are probably plugged up by then anyway. 

So I guess you throw them out too :rofl2:

HP (like the last 3 my mom bought and tossed)  has print heads on the ink cartridges, so you get new ink jets anyhow. 
OE cartridges are only a fraction filled, replacements have much more ink in them.
I get what you're saying, but per printed page it's false economy.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 03, 2017, 10:35:43 am »
Don't even use a printer enough to justify owning one.  And it won't play nice with my Apple so it sits on the desk...holding bills.  I'd bet the original ink is still in it.