Author Topic: Using Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray  (Read 801 times)

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Using Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray
« on: June 03, 2023, 01:25:25 pm »
On my street people think I am anal about my cars. I do look after my cars very well. I keep them very clean and generally wax them twice a year. I detail them each spring. I sometimes use iron remover to remove rust particles. But I do not get into such things as clay barring. But I am getting older and would like to find something that makes looking after the cars easier for me.

Have seen a few u-tube reviews showing the ease of use of this Turtle Wax ceramic spray product. From what I have seen it compares very well to other products. It seems super easy to put on and provides great beading and makes paint very slick. Seems I can also use it on my black trim and wheels as well. I am hoping it will be so slick the dirt, bird droppings and maybe even brake dust will hose right off. The product is available at Crappy Tire.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/turtle-wax-hybrid-solutions-car-ceramic-coating-spray-473-ml-0391018p.html?rq=turtle+wax

I do not want to pay to get a true ceramic coating done. I am just looking for something that gives me a good shine and protection and makes my waxing cores a little easier. I plan to give my brand new CX-5 a good wash and then apply this product. But I am wondering is I am suppose to wax car first? Is this to be used in addition to waxing or does it replace waxing?

So many ceramic / graphene spray products out there is so confusing to choose a product to choose. I am open to suggestions and advice.

Thanks
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Using Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 02:11:09 pm »
I've used that one a fair bit, does everything you say. Easy to use, lasts for months, gives a nice hard shine. Huge difference in shine and gloss on our older vehicles, especially with two coats, almost gave a 'glassy' look. Not so much on the Lexus (assume because it has better paint to begin with). Just used it by itself, no other waxing

Started using TAC Shinee wax the last while, thought a bit glossier on the paint and a bit darker on the plastic than the Turtle, but a bit fussier to put on, the Turtle wax is as easy as wiping water

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 04:46:02 pm »
I've used that one a fair bit, does everything you say. Easy to use, lasts for months, gives a nice hard shine. Huge difference in shine and gloss on our older vehicles, especially with two coats, almost gave a 'glassy' look. Not so much on the Lexus (assume because it has better paint to begin with). Just used it by itself, no other waxing

Started using TAC Shinee wax the last while, thought a bit glossier on the paint and a bit darker on the plastic than the Turtle, but a bit fussier to put on, the Turtle wax is as easy as wiping water

Well that's encouraging for sure.  :thumbup:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 01:37:48 am »

Yep, a tiny bit more effort to get off..but not much. I've got it down pat now. For cars like mine that are brilliantly polished, the extra gloss is noticeable and worth it. My neighbor has a 2023 Vette. Told him it was a quick detailer. A day later he came over and asked me to order him some. Told me the vet looked "far shiny-er"..and his car was ceramic coated before delivery. It's red and the paint looks positively liquid!

I love the stuff!

Ok..back on topic. Ideally, you'd want the new paint corrected. Because there will already be micro swirls in the paint. So correct and use whatever favorite wax/detailer/topper/cards ceramic you have on hand regularly. Not regularly? Most of them will last a good month or two. So as long as you know how long it lasts and sheds water, dust, dirt, etc. Basically, a good rainshower should darn near "wash" the car while parked. When that stops happening as good as initial, re apply.

Any off the shelf product from a reputable brand are very good these days.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 08:09:28 pm »
So I bought Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray and used it on both cars today.  I took two approaches. On our new CX-5,  I waxed it first with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish that I had on hand. Then followed up with the ceramic spray. As the car was brand new the improvements in shine and gloss were not dramatic. But it was nice. 

By the way it was my first time washing and waxing our new CX-5. I have to say the roof height is a real pain. I am 6 ft and had to move a step all around the car to reach the center section. Not happy about that.

Our Fiat 500 was waxed late last fall and stored for winter. Shine was still pretty nice. Just washed that one and went right for the ceramic spray. Provided a nice enhanced gloss. On again the car was pretty shiny to begin with.

In both cases the stuff went on easy. I had no issues with streaking or trouble with buffing it off. They say a 2nd application is needed after 24 hours. I might have a hard time getting to that as rain is coming for the next 5 days.

It is too bad you have to wait 24 hours. I wish I could have tackled both applications today just by waiting an hour or two. I would have like to wrap it all up today.  The 2nd application will mean I have to wash cars again before doing it. I do not know how critical the 2nd application is.

I have not put water on either car to see the beading. I was worried that might affect the coating if not cured. Anxious to see how it sheds water during the upcoming rain.

I will get a 2nd application on as soon as weather permits.

UPDATE: Went out at dusk to admired my work. I must say looking at cars a 2nd time I can really see the gloss in finish. The Fiat color shows it off better than the white for sure. I am pretty pleased.  :)

Final Note:  This video shows TAC Shinee as his favorite detailer. That is great but I was looking for something easily available at Crappy Tire and easy to apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rABYNcYoRU0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 08:43:44 am by Slow_lane »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 01:57:19 am »
Good stuff!!

Glad it worked out for you.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 05:59:24 pm »
Rain this morning but there was a break this afternoon. Got 2nd application of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray on. Now lets see how well it performs and how long it holds up. On 2nd application I did the glass and the black trim on cars as well. I was worried about staining on black plastic but there was no issues with that. I wondered if applying to windows is going to result in water beading similar to putting on Rain-X.

Next time I would be tempted to cheat on the 24 hour cure time and do 2nd coat a couple hours after 1st application. Just to I can get it done all in one day.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 06:58:19 pm by Slow_lane »

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 06:19:05 pm »
I love this stuff because its so easy to use. There is currently a coat on the BMW - I will throw some on the MX-5 this evening, even though there is a coating of Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid wax on it currently.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 07:48:36 pm »
Impressive shine on that white car.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2023, 10:02:10 pm »
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2023, 10:43:29 pm »
The Fiat really glossed up! What I noticed with two coats is the shine isn't necessarily more but it gets more depth.
Should last longer too