Author Topic: Pressure washer recommendation  (Read 3793 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Pressure washer recommendation
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2021, 09:52:34 am »
I've got an older electric Ryobi. It's ok, doesn't always go to full pressure for some reason, or takes a while to get there (air lock?)

The biggest annoyance is the stiff plastic hose, awkward to work with. Should check to see if it is replaceable, if I can sort the pressure situation

Well changed out the hose for a 50ft Flexzilla, much more flexible and the longer reach over the stock 25ft was handy

Undoing the gun and letting the water run for a minute got rid of the air locks

Hose was not cheap but it's like using a whole new washer

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2021, 10:06:45 am »
I've got an older electric Ryobi. It's ok, doesn't always go to full pressure for some reason, or takes a while to get there (air lock?)

The biggest annoyance is the stiff plastic hose, awkward to work with. Should check to see if it is replaceable, if I can sort the pressure situation

Well changed out the hose for a 50ft Flexzilla, much more flexible and the longer reach over the stock 25ft was handy

Also if you are using an extension cord , that will effect the performance of any electrical device

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2021, 11:39:22 am »

Do you have noticeable friction losses?

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 11:57:10 am »
Didn't seem to at all

Going by this guy, that's to be expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9cMVYzHgDg&t

Offline redmont

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 09 civic, '16 f150
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2021, 01:11:17 am »
I have a john deere pressure washer that I bought a few years ago. It works well.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 06:58:11 am »
I stick with Karcher.  Parts are easily available such as the guns.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 10:46:04 am »
Am I the only one using gas? Honda engine with Karcher pump is hard to beat IMO.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 02:22:48 pm »
I have a slightly bigger Ryobi I bought last year.   Cart handle and wheels on it

It seems to be fine with a few hours on it now.   No real problems with hoses or fittings.

It does take a few seconds to get the water flowing through it before firing it up, that's so the pump doesn't die AFAIK.
So far, I would buy it again over the Simoniz junk I've had before

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi-1800psi-1-2-gpm-electric-pressure-washer/1001093453

I was using it at the cottage and the gun now won't shut off and leaks from the handle, something blew inside or is stuck open.  Might just be dirt as it's strained, but not filtered lake water. But it's a PITA and I'll have to replace or repair the gun/sprayer
Mr Pickypants