Author Topic: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac  (Read 9899 times)

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
Re: Acura Integra Type S...Hey JohnnyMac
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2023, 10:50:56 am »
Also, just confirmed. No dealer markup on the Type S.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2023, 11:48:35 am »
Oh, about this, I actually have an allocation. Not going to take it though... probably...
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +4764/-4509
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2023, 11:55:07 am »

Not true.  In the Edmonton area, they are charging for Xpel and other add ons to make up a mandatory $5K on top of MSRP.  $1500 in doc fees. You are lucky where you live.  With gst, you are at almost $69K.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2023, 12:06:42 pm »

Not true.  In the Edmonton area, they are charging for Xpel and other add ons to make up a mandatory $5K on top of MSRP.  $1500 in doc fees. You are lucky where you live.  With gst, you are at almost $69K.
He was referring to the type S that was purchased by the guy he knew, not that all dealers can't mark them up or as you say force needless options onto the buyer.  That is common, but with a little bit of work, patience, and possibly having to go a great distance to buy one, you can get one at or near MSRP.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2023, 12:09:13 pm »
^What he said. No markup on this particular Type S. YMMV

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2023, 12:14:51 pm »
I see Edmonton Acura dealers are playing the same tricks as Edmonton Honda, Subaru, and Hyundai dealers!

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2023, 12:18:41 pm »
The Edmonton Subaru dealer (Rally?) gave off a very slimey vibe on the phone.

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2023, 12:26:52 pm »
^What he said. No markup on this particular Type S. YMMV

Ah yes.  He should consider himself lucky that he doesn’t live in Edmonton. 😂

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2023, 12:27:53 pm »

He was referring to the type S that was purchased by the guy he knew, not that all dealers can't mark them up or as you say force needless options onto the buyer.  That is common, but with a little bit of work, patience, and possibly having to go a great distance to buy one, you can get one at or near MSRP.

We have had 6 Acuras from the same dealer.  Not budging.  Told us to come back in 2 years.  Lol

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2023, 12:39:28 pm »

We have had 6 Acuras from the same dealer.  Not budging.  Told us to come back in 2 years.  Lol
Sounds to me like you need to think about going to another dealer, perhaps one outside your market who is willing to sell at MSRP.  Why people get stuck on "it needs to be from my home dealer" is beyond me. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2023, 12:48:02 pm »

Personally, picking up a car in ON or QC is a great excuse to visit friends and go on a road trip.

Bought my 99 911 in Georgia. Flew down, drove it home.

86 911 came from Virginia. IQ came with me. This is the trip where we learned all of the legendary DMV stories are probably real after our experience in one.

Always something memorable with an out of province purchase.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2023, 01:42:34 pm »

Sounds to me like you need to think about going to another dealer, perhaps one outside your market who is willing to sell at MSRP.  Why people get stuck on "it needs to be from my home dealer" is beyond me.

Not stuck on anything.  Just disgusted

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2023, 02:32:43 pm »

Tell them you'll be back in 2 months when they can't move them... :rofl:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2023, 03:12:52 pm »

Tell them you'll be back in 2 months when they can't move them... :rofl:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

That is my plan! 

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker

Offline Layne

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2023, 07:50:26 pm »
TH with the Type S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoW6wWJ9Dw&ab_channel=ThrottleHouse

Same lap time.  So for $7K more, what do you get?  Nicer suspension in comfort but worse seats.  No sunroof.  Manually adjusted passenger seat (or am I wrong on this).  No rear vents for the rear passengers.  4 seater.

What is interesting is that the higher HP #'s are on 93 octane whereas the Type R #'s are on 91.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2023, 08:30:20 pm »
^^ And you lose that spoiler.  :banana:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 08:33:25 pm by Seafoam »
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2023, 12:50:46 am »
TH with the Type S

Same lap time.  So for $7K more, what do you get?  Nicer suspension in comfort but worse seats.  No sunroof.  Manually adjusted passenger seat (or am I wrong on this).  No rear vents for the rear passengers.  4 seater.

What is interesting is that the higher HP #'s are on 93 octane whereas the Type R #'s are on 91.

Where did you see the higher octane required for the Type S?

Type S also adds heated seats and steering wheel, power seats, HUD, leather back seats, and ELS audio. Front seats are worse for track duty but I would argue they're better day to day. Felt comfy enough for me, just not as much lateral support as the Type R. It would be a tough choice between the 2. I think they're close enough in price.

Personally, I prefer the styling of the Type S inside and out. I like the Type R front seats better but no heat. Back seats are nicer in the Type S but that's for passengers anyway.

Anyway, glad I'm not buying in this market. Happy with our current rides.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2023, 06:59:35 am »
TH with the Type S

Where did you see the higher octane required for the Type S?

Type S also adds heated seats and steering wheel, power seats, HUD, leather back seats, and ELS audio. Front seats are worse for track duty but I would argue they're better day to day. Felt comfy enough for me, just not as much lateral support as the Type R. It would be a tough choice between the 2. I think they're close enough in price.

Personally, I prefer the styling of the Type S inside and out. I like the Type R front seats better but no heat. Back seats are nicer in the Type S but that's for passengers anyway.

Anyway, glad I'm not buying in this market. Happy with our current rides.
I don't think either get a sunroof, and you missed one important one JG20, and that's the exhaust.  It's MUCH better in the Acura Type S.  So Layne, do you still think it's a poor value proposition?

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2023, 10:09:48 am »
Yeah, neither gets a sunroof but I think he's pointing that out as a non-upgrade. And yes, the exhaust on the Type S is much better looking and sounding.