Author Topic: Important link for Firm and Searhardburger  (Read 15211 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: Important link for Firm and Searhardburger
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
This was all mostly in response to

DON'T DO IT!!! You can do much better than that!!!!

In other words, Fobroader started it.

Yeah, I think it was the insinuation that vans are 'uncool', when in reality, the alternative (Pathfinders, Pilots, etc.) are equally uncool.

Listen, anything outside of a Yenko Nova, Chevelle 454SS, Dino Ferrari or a Porsche 959 is "uncool"....but, I will take the looks of a Durango, Tahoe, Sequoia, Land Cruiser, Lexus LX/GX, 4Runner over any minivan. If I had to haul a bunch of people and stuff, I think one of those 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter things or an AWD Chevy full size van would be my weapon of choice.

Those MB Sprinter/Metris things are way overpriced, uncomfortable, and you have to pay for every feature.  Cruise Control is extra.  The 2nd and 3rd row seats don't even recline, the seats are more uncomfortable than the crappy ones in a GC.  Because it's RWD it's cool?  The gas version is a turbo 4 banger.  No thanks!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 05:15:22 pm »
Not sure how I missed this thread  ;D

I'm simply of the view that SUVs and vans just aren't necessary for US.  We are going to be one and done in the kid department so no question of multiple car seats etc.  I'm not handy so the whole transporting sheets of plywood or drywall or whatever doesn't apply to me.  If I did have to pick though, I'd go 2-row SUV over vans.  Van would be overkill and some of the smaller SUVs can be fun-ish.

I must admit we have test driven a couple of SUVs because Mrs. Burger insisted, and I did appreciate not having to worry about hitting my head as much as I do in a lower sedan. 

The whole "cool" thing is subjective though.  NO ONE thought/thinks the Regal GS was cool (ok, Sir O did).  I did.  Who gives a fack?  Your money, your opinion, your life.       

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:37 pm »
The thread was started to have a good laugh  ;D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 02:14:36 pm »
We are going to be one and done in the kid department

Why you depriving the world of more kids?  2, minimum.  Everyone needs a sibling to share the costs of aging parents! Who else would jr pick on growing up?  Go for 3 or more and suddenly the prospect of being a helicopter parent becomes impossible.  ;D

The whole "cool" thing is subjective though.  NO ONE thought/thinks the Regal GS was cool (ok, Sir O did).  I did.  Who gives a fack?  Your money, your opinion, your life.       

Hey, I thought/think it's cool!  I even had a pearly white GS with a manual all lined up at that time if you guys ever would've made it out to MB...still think it's a great looking car.  Just not $50g+ great.  Could've come for the best pizza in MB hands down.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 02:35:26 pm »
I wanted to go! Blame SHB!

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 02:43:59 pm »
I wanted to go! Blame SHB!

;D
Almost my favorite new game! :)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 06:17:58 pm »

Why you depriving the world of more kids?  2, minimum.  Everyone needs a sibling to share the costs of aging parents! Who else would jr pick on growing up?  Go for 3 or more and suddenly the prospect of being a helicopter parent becomes impossible.  ;D

Hey, I thought/think it's cool!  I even had a pearly white GS with a manual all lined up at that time if you guys ever would've made it out to MB...still think it's a great looking car.  Just not $50g+ great.  Could've come for the best pizza in MB hands down.

Out of curiosity, where is the best Pizza in MB, Hands down?

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 07:35:25 pm »
See...can't tell if you're pulling a quad,  :think: because BW's "a :censor:"...or if you're seriously curious.  Words on the internet are hard to read sometimes.  Can't recall ever being a :censor: to either of you...but sure seems like it. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 09:54:33 am »

Out of curiosity, where is the best Pizza in MB, Hands down?

My fave is Santa Lucia, 4 St. Mary's Road.  Have the Santa Lucia Special.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Online draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 10:02:55 am »
Santa Lucia is good, I also enjoy pizza from Calabria located on Scurfield.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 10:06:02 am »
See...can't tell if you're pulling a quad,  :think: because BW's "a :censor:"...or if you're seriously curious.  Words on the internet are hard to read sometimes.  Can't recall ever being a :censor: to either of you...but sure seems like it.

I was being serious.  I think the general consensus is that Santa Lucia is the best...but that may only be for Winnipeg.  Where you live, you may have a different spot, and I'm curious to know.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 10:06:54 am »
Santa Lucia is good, I also enjoy pizza from Calabria located on Scurfield.

The original Calabria was in Island Lakes.  I really enjoyed their pizza when I moved into my parent's house 12 years ago.  But then they went and closed that location. 

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2018, 02:30:42 pm »

I was being serious.  I think the general consensus is that Santa Lucia is the best...but that may only be for Winnipeg.  Where you live, you may have a different spot, and I'm curious to know.

Sorry for my misinterpreting then...so, Santa Lucia, same as the one in Morris, right? (will admit I've only ever had one pizza there, and maybe it wasn't anything but the usual pepperoni & mushroom bleh) Yeah...they don't hold a candle to this place:
http://pizzahaven.ca/our-menu/

Can't get the usual crap my family orders if/when I do takeout...pep & bacon, ham and pineapple...it's like, seriously?  Might as well get McCains.  :P (it's still better than McCains, far from crap, but WTF!? There are OPTIONS, and you guys want THOSE?!  :banghead:)

I have not tried all of them...but the Funky Chicken, Funky Hawaiian, Club House, Sweet & Sunny Delight, Sweet Honey Chicken...so good.  And, oddly enough I've never tried the Mennonite pizzas, but everyone who has, says they're fantastically good.  One of the guys from the Wpg office (Filipino) brought one home to his wife after he was brought there for lunch one day...a couple different actually, said they was amazing.  I liken it to if I were Chinese, and someone came up with a pizza with soy sauce sauce, chicken balls and rice....would I think it was good?  Probably not (though I'm sure there would be a combination that would be awesome)  Same with schmaunt faht and sausage.  Really?  :think: Who knows, maybe it's good.

The salads are awesome too - sized like Santa Lucia - i.e. TOO MUCH! My favorite being the Chicken Pineapple...get a personal pizza and salad, and you're taking some home.  My parents split one when they go out.  Too much food for them.

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2018, 11:18:36 pm »

Sorry for my misinterpreting then...so, Santa Lucia, same as the one in Morris, right? (will admit I've only ever had one pizza there, and maybe it wasn't anything but the usual pepperoni & mushroom bleh) Yeah...they don't hold a candle to this place:

Can't get the usual crap my family orders if/when I do takeout...pep & bacon, ham and pineapple...it's like, seriously?  Might as well get McCains.  :P (it's still better than McCains, far from crap, but WTF!? There are OPTIONS, and you guys want THOSE?!  :banghead:)

I have not tried all of them...but the Funky Chicken, Funky Hawaiian, Club House, Sweet & Sunny Delight, Sweet Honey Chicken...so good.  And, oddly enough I've never tried the Mennonite pizzas, but everyone who has, says they're fantastically good.  One of the guys from the Wpg office (Filipino) brought one home to his wife after he was brought there for lunch one day...a couple different actually, said they was amazing.  I liken it to if I were Chinese, and someone came up with a pizza with soy sauce sauce, chicken balls and rice....would I think it was good?  Probably not (though I'm sure there would be a combination that would be awesome)  Same with schmaunt faht and sausage.  Really?  :think: Who knows, maybe it's good.

The salads are awesome too - sized like Santa Lucia - i.e. TOO MUCH! My favorite being the Chicken Pineapple...get a personal pizza and salad, and you're taking some home.  My parents split one when they go out.  Too much food for them.

Road trip!!!!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:10 pm »

Road trip!!!!

I'm in!

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2018, 09:10:27 am »
Me too!  ;D When do we leave?  ???