Author Topic: Volvo Begins Diesel Plug-In Hybrid Production  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Volvo Begins Diesel Plug-In Hybrid Production
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:13:14 am »

Volvo Car Corporation is now ramping up production of the new Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid ahead of first customer deliveries in early 2013.
Read More...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Re: Volvo Begins Diesel Plug-In Hybrid Production
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:14 am »
"Sadly though, neither the V60 nor the diesel plug-in drivetrain are planned to come to Canada"

Why did I no this statement was imminent before reading it ?
I think that the rest of the world will soon realize what it took the U.S. to realize in regards to Canadian consumers. Canada is doing better economically then most others, so much so that no less than 7 new retailers are coming northbound with offerings that were once deemed not viable in Canada.
We like the options, we do purchase, we just don't like to get ripped off. We are savvy buyers.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:28:34 am »
"Sadly though, neither the V60 nor the diesel plug-in drivetrain are planned to come to Canada"

Why did I no this statement was imminent before reading it ?
I think that the rest of the world will soon realize what it took the U.S. to realize in regards to Canadian consumers. Canada is doing better economically then most others, so much so that no less than 7 new retailers are coming northbound with offerings that were once deemed not viable in Canada.
We like the options, we do purchase, we just don't like to get ripped off. We are savvy buyers.

I don't think they have plans to offer it in the US either.  I expect that they will start off in Europe, and then expand into other markets as they see what challenges it faces in the real world.  I think the concept is brilliant.  I could on my average day, run this car on electricity alone, and when I need to drive further, I have a fuel efficient diesel.  It is a win-win.  I think a little bit more range would be more ideal (50 miles).

Offline Nukester99

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Civic and M3 Roadster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:45:50 am »
SOLD.. wait..crap, Canadians get screwed again (along with the Americans). I'd buy one immediately if made available in Canada as I have owned 2 Volvos already and wouldn't hesitate if offered. Fuel efficient, the right size and like all Volvos incredibly built to be safe.