Author Topic: The "what's in my driveway this week?" Show 'n Shine  (Read 42737 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: The "what's in my driveway this week?" Show 'n Shine
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 11:12:20 am »
agreed. looks every bit the part of a luxury car. they are doing some great things with this branding.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
Certainly not a bad looking car although I have to say the badge on the hood looks like they ripped off Bentley. :-\
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 11:26:51 am »
Certainly not a bad looking car although I have to say the badge on the hood looks like they ripped off Bentley. :-\

Be sure to let Aston Martin, Mini, Morgan, Chrysler and probably a bunch of other wing-badged cars that they also ripped off Bentley, will you?  :rofl2:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 11:33:23 am »
Also in my possession recently is the new 2018 Genesis G80 Sport. It's powered by a 3.3L twin-turbo V6 putting out 365 hp and 376 lb-ft of torque, channelled to all four wheels through a full-time, rear-biased AWD system. There's styling tweaks inside & out, plus a firmer suspension and larger brakes. I'm particularly fond of the available two-tone interior with contrast copper stitching and carbon fibre trim.

I am liking this G80.  A lot.

I was very impressed with this motor in the G90.  This G80 is going to haul a**.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 11:35:48 am »
So how big are these G80's?   5 series/E class size?

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 11:39:12 am »

Be sure to let Aston Martin, Mini, Morgan, Chrysler and probably a bunch of other wing-badged cars that they also ripped off Bentley, will you?  :rofl2:

I agree, it looks tacky on Chryslers too.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 12:14:10 pm »
Also in my possession recently is the new 2018 Genesis G80 Sport. It's powered by a 3.3L twin-turbo V6 putting out 365 hp and 376 lb-ft of torque, channelled to all four wheels through a full-time, rear-biased AWD system. There's styling tweaks inside & out, plus a firmer suspension and larger brakes. I'm particularly fond of the available two-tone interior with contrast copper stitching and carbon fibre trim.

I was very impressed with this motor in the G90.  This G80 is going to haul a**.

I really have no idea how you are going to be able to resist the temptation to trade for that.  ???   ;D

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:00 pm »

Actually, it's a few millimetres larger in all key measurements (length, width, wheelbase) than both of those cars.

I really have no idea how you are going to be able to resist the temptation to trade for that.  ???   ;D

Easy:

Joking aside, I have a pre-production model at my disposal, so I don't really need it as a daily.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:58 pm »

Actually, it's a few millimetres larger in all key measurements (length, width, wheelbase) than both of those cars.

Easy:

Joking aside, I have a pre-production model at my disposal, so I don't really need it as a daily.

To my mind the 5 and the E have grown to be too big. Sounds like the G70 may be in the sweetspot.

Offline gord_boyd

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +7/-24
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '12 A7, '85 911 turbo
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 03:40:05 pm »
I simply did not deal with a retailer and put a firm order into Canadian Head Office.
Maybe this is symbolic but I have an order #.
My background for this purchase is following:
1.) my oldest son is Global Auto Analyst for a large Research Organization based in Hong Kong
But with a large office in Singapore--where he lives.  This does not mean I get investment advice,
but for transparency I own stock in Honda ( and before A7 I traded in a TL. ). But I read a lot
( bought my RX8 sight unseen when my petrochemicals job had me in Saudi Arabia for 6 years--picked it up in Ottawa in July 2003 upon my return).  I do read many things normal public do not get to see.
2.) I have been to S. Korea maybe 70-80 times ( could be a lot more ) where I relied on local staff to accomplish liftings of a petrochemical from Vancouver ( 2 different terminals ).  Many of those visits were from Singapore where I was an ExPat for four years ( while my company built equivalent of 3 new plants and 1 in China for Styrene Monomer ).  I know the culture; enjoyed the socializing; love aesthetics seen in a very proud past ( once they were rid of Japanese control ).  I naturally have followed Hyundai/Kia closely but have never purchased.  My professional base is the setting up/running a business/marketing and leaving engineering to others.  I listen well.
3.) I have had an interchange with U.S.A. And Canada offices and have been complimentary to their differentiating themselves on luxury at the engineering stage ( it takes very deep pockets to do things right ).
I am not one to praise ExPats without full credit to locals in S. Korea.  Anyways some of my comments seem to hit home. 
4.) I only have about 100K kms on my A7 and could keep car much longer.  My driving is on a lot of two lane highways and need thrust for safe passing; need AWD because of lake effect snow ( although RX8 with
anti-slip was fine ).  So, this mileage out of a small town on Lake Huron, is not what you would say is serious motoring.  But, I do not have rush hours!  ( Also, my wife just had two new knee replacements and she drives Lexus RX350 but likes my A7 so far. ).
Sorry for late response.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 03:41:05 pm »

Yup - just slightly bigger than the current 5.  Not sure how it compares to the new E.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »

Don't want to wind up on tooscoops upside down major thread - my car is not quite a year old!

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2017, 06:58:32 pm »

Dig it. Kind of feels reminiscent of the Infiniti M37/56. Surely much more modern though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2017, 08:39:43 pm »
Damn, that G80 is SHARP.  Me likey.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2017, 09:08:24 pm »
When are they doing this to the G80??   ;D

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »

It would be pretty sweet with a DIY, but 2 people might buy it.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 10:20:57 pm »

It would be pretty sweet with a DIY, but 23 people might buy it.

:hello:

Though the other two might just be Firm's demos  :rofl2:

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:44 pm »
I simply did not deal with a retailer and put a firm order into Canadian Head Office.
My background for this purchase is following:
1.) my oldest son is Global Auto Analyst for a large Research Organization based in Hong Kong
But with a large office in Singapore--where he lives.  This does not mean I get investment advice,
but for transparency I own stock in Honda ( and before A7 I traded in a TL. ). But I read a lot
( bought my RX8 sight unseen when my petrochemicals job had me in Saudi Arabia for 6 years--picked it up in Ottawa in July 2003 upon my return).  I do read many things normal public do not get to see.
2.) I have been to S. Korea maybe 70-80 times ( could be a lot more ) where I relied on local staff to accomplish liftings of a petrochemical from Vancouver ( 2 different terminals ).  Many of those visits were from Singapore where I was an ExPat for four years ( while my company built equivalent of 3 new plants and 1 in China for Styrene Monomer ).  I know the culture; enjoyed the socializing; love aesthetics seen in a very proud past ( once they were rid of Japanese control ).  I naturally have followed Hyundai/Kia closely but have never purchased.  My professional base is the setting up/running a business/marketing and leaving engineering to others.  I listen well.
3.) I have had an interchange with U.S.A. And Canada offices and have been complimentary to their differentiating themselves on luxury at the engineering stage ( it takes very deep pockets to do things right ).
I am not one to praise ExPats without full credit to locals in S. Korea.  Anyways some of my comments seem to hit home. 
4.) I only have about 100K kms on my A7 and could keep car much longer.  My driving is on a lot of two lane highways and need thrust for safe passing; need AWD because of lake effect snow ( although RX8 with
anti-slip was fine ).  So, this mileage out of a small town on Lake Huron, is not what you would say is serious motoring.  But, I do not have rush hours!  ( Also, my wife just had two new knee replacements and she drives Lexus RX350 but likes my A7 so far. ).
Sorry for late response.

Interesting... I hope to see some pics in Show'n Shine when the day comes.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2017, 04:56:37 pm »
I'd encourage Gord to speak to whichever retailer he spoke with, because we have not released any details on G70, nor are we in a position to take orders this far in advance. We'll likely launch an official pre-order process later this year.

The truth is out there somewhere.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2017, 06:47:19 pm »
I'd encourage Gord to speak to whichever retailer he spoke with, because we have not released any details on G70, nor are we in a position to take orders this far in advance. We'll likely launch an official pre-order process later this year.

The truth is out there somewhere.
well, you can't technically buy any Genesis from a dealer, since they have no brick and mortar presence currently...and like patrick said, i can't see how he would have ordered one since they aren't at that stage yet with the vehicle...perhaps he just has a reservation number or something, so once the details come out, they can contact him to let him know.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.