Author Topic: Some people and tools do not go together...  (Read 2469 times)

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
Some people and tools do not go together...
« on: September 05, 2023, 11:09:15 am »
And I see my share of it on various forums.

One owner wanted to add a battery charging lead to his battery that uses ring terminals.  My choice as well instead of using a spade terminal.

So he tried to remove the nut on the battery post but as he is unscrewing the nut, it binds. Why? Because they flared or staked the end of the bolt so that you cannot lose the nut, you can only loosen it to remove the clamp. Of course he effed it up by forcing it and stripped the threads.  ::) And to make it worse, the fasteners are an A2-70 stainless; try machining most stainless and you'll see how sticky that material can be. Try putting a stainless lock-nut on a stainless bolt and half the time it will seize without using a compound.

I got mine off by filing the end of the flared or staked end of the bolt when I installed my battery charging cable...not an issue at all.

And this guy's signature line lists 28 cars...like I would love to buy a car off him. What else would I find effed up?

What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.