Author Topic: $800 vs $180 - Unbelievable!!  (Read 12612 times)

Offline fourbyfour

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tacoma
Re: $800 vs $180 - Unbelievable!!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 12:41:11 pm »
OK, to make you people happy. the dealer got it done is the gateway toyota.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:59 pm »
We bought our Corolla from Mayfield and found their sales service excellent and then found their service department filled with doofuses.

Offline fourbyfour

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:22 pm »
We bought our Corolla from Mayfield and found their sales service excellent and then found their service department filled with doofuses.

sale is ok but finance is full of bs too. the lady will add on life insurance, undercoating and other stuff as if you asked for it. was frustrated when I bought the tacoma. so read the bill of sale carefully before you sign.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »

sale is ok but finance is full of bs too. the lady will add on life insurance, undercoating and other stuff as if you asked for it. was frustrated when I bought the tacoma. so read the bill of sale carefully before you sign.

We bought our 09 Corolla in March of 2008, and found the complete opposite, so things may have changed.  The finance guy just asked me to initial saying I declined the various add-ons and it was over in about two minutes.  I returned with a draft and picked up the car - again, took almost no time.

Prior to that, the salesperson was super helpful, knowledgeable, and made things go very smoothly.

Returning for service work soured me immediately and I haven't been back since.

Offline fourbyfour

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 07:36:25 pm »

We bought our 09 Corolla in March of 2008, and found the complete opposite, so things may have changed.  The finance guy just asked me to initial saying I declined the various add-ons and it was over in about two minutes.  I returned with a draft and picked up the car - again, took almost no time.

Prior to that, the salesperson was super helpful, knowledgeable, and made things go very smoothly.

about the finance, the lady did not prepare my loan as I ordered the truck more than a month ahead. she did the call to a bank in toronto while I was there to sign the bill of sale.
guess what she got me an insane rate then I declined that. then I asked for the toyota canada loan. she finally get it done. i was waiting for about half an hour before I can sign the paper work, that's when the funny thing happened. she took off her coat to show off her assets, guess she tried that a lot on men...u know how it went..

anyway, that was my experience with Mayfield. not going there for service anymore.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 11:56:12 pm »

about the finance, the lady did not prepare my loan as I ordered the truck more than a month ahead. she did the call to a bank in toronto while I was there to sign the bill of sale.
guess what she got me an insane rate then I declined that. then I asked for the toyota canada loan. she finally get it done. i was waiting for about half an hour before I can sign the paper work, that's when the funny thing happened. she took off her coat to show off her assets, guess she tried that a lot on men...u know how it went..

anyway, that was my experience with Mayfield. not going there for service anymore.

:ttiwwp: