Author Topic: CD Article: 2003-2006 Suzuki Aerio  (Read 19238 times)

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
Re: CD Article: 2003-2006 Suzuki Aerio
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 02:04:07 pm »
Suzuki is known for being the black sheep of the Japanese auto industry.

Actually, when the sales of the "kei" microcars are included, Suzuki is Japan's number one auto seller.  By no means a black sheep.  The JDM Swift was named car of the year in a number of markets.  Suzuki may be an underdog in North America, but it is certainly successful elsewhere.

Yeah, I guess I phrased that wrong. I was referring to Suzuki in North America, not Japan, but it came out wrong.
I used to work here.

avtoller

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 03:42:06 pm »
Suzuki is known for being the black sheep of the Japanese auto industry.

Actually, when the sales of the "kei" microcars are included, Suzuki is Japan's number one auto seller.  By no means a black sheep.  The JDM Swift was named car of the year in a number of markets.  Suzuki may be an underdog in North America, but it is certainly successful elsewhere.

:iagree:

Meow

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 04:38:32 pm »
I think the Suzuki Aerio/ Liana was Suzuki attempt at making a Japanses car a more European design,To appeal to more European buyers. to get them to look and think about Suzuki instead of Ford Focus/Punto/Astra/etc.......

Its has lot of styling cues from the focus I think too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:44:39 pm by Mr. Meow »

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 09:50:18 pm »
Suzuki is having some issues with spun main and rod bearings on the Aerio. Both the 2.0L and the 2.3L have failures at alarming rates.  Do a check at aeriostyle and see for yourself. I had an Aerio and liked it a lot,but the service from suzuki left a lot to be desired. The dealer was good,but my god waiting for just about any part took weeks in most cases,not days. 
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

kf095

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »
Sure I’m.
Suzuki Aerio vs Hyundai Elantra is absolutely incorrect.
Aerio main body style is (station) WAGON. Sedan is not very common option. Aerio fastback (wagon) very common option is AWD. Elantra is almost sedan. Aerio Fastback and Huyndai Elantra are at very different auto market’s zones.
Aerio must be comparable with Subaru Impresa. Same size, same body style, same AWD transmission. 
If you need cheap and dirty and reliable small FWD go for older Civic or Corolla which holds its resale value at very best.

OK, you've confirmed that you know nothing about the subject. The Aerio does NOT have "the same AWD transmission" as the ImpreZa, and in no way is in the same class as the Impreza. I drove the Aerio Fastback last summer, and in performance it was close to the Matrix AWD. The Impreza would leave both FAR behind both in acceleration and handling. The Impreza is significantly larger than the Aerio as well.  ::) ::) ::)

OK, you've confirmed that only you know nothing about the subject.

- External dimensions:
overall length (mm): 4,351, overall width (mm): 1,720, overall height (mm): 1,544, wheelbase (mm): 2,479
overall length (mm): 4,404, overall width (mm): 1,709, overall height (mm): 1,529, wheelbase (mm): 2,525,

- Internal dimensions:
front headroom (mm): 1,034, rear headroom (mm): 955, front leg room (mm): 1,052, rear leg room (mm): 914, front shoulder room (mm): 1,364, rear shoulder room (mm): 1,344 and interior volume (liters): 3,050
front headroom (mm): 1,008, rear headroom (mm): 947, front leg room (mm): 1,090, rear leg room (mm): 856, front shoulder room (mm): 1,339, rear shoulder room (mm): 1,346 and interior volume (liters): 2,560

2.3-liter, 155 vs 2.5 for 165

AWD is AWD. All Wheels Drive for Toyota, Subaru and Aerio. Impresa full time. Big deal? Not sure for most of the drivers.

Which class you are talking about?

avtoller

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 10:03:04 pm »
The Impreza is 4465 mm in length, not the 4404 you indicate.

The Suzuki Aerio SX (the car under discussion) is actually 4230 mm, not 4351.

AWD is AWD.

This statement is an embarrassing admission of ignorance on your part.

Have you actually ever driven or been in either of these vehicles? I have, and as I indicated before, they are in entirely different classes of handling and acceleration. My Forester (much heavier than the Impreza, but with the same engine) would absolutely blow the doors off the Aerio SX (AWD) that I test drove last summer. You can't even spell the name of the car!!!  ::) ::) :foil: :eye: :halffro:

kf095

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 04:42:45 pm »
OK. This explains everything. You are driving Forester, which is completely different class of the vehicle compare to Impresa. It is SUV.  I’m registered owner of  Suzuki Aerio. Exactly one which we are talking about.
20 cm difference is no difference at all speaking about these two cars. 20cm is needed for Impresa to accommodate flat engine. In Aerio the engine is in vertical position and entire hood is shorter because of this. Internal space and body style is the same. 
AWD is AWD. Sorry. At Subaru it is full time, I’m not sure if it is true for auto or only for manual transmission. Is it practical? Absolutely not. If you are not driving at the top of the iceberg to commute every day. Most of the times it is practical to keep it off and engage it to the road conditions. And yes, I was owning two AWD with full time only for years and it was not SUV. I know very well how to handle full time AWD on the dry road for speeding or wet road for safety.
I don’t care about crazy accelerating you are so pathetic about. Who need this for daily commuting? Before Aerio I was driving Impala ex-Police. With incredible acceleration capabilities and handling at >150km/h, which I never really needs.
If only acceleration and how it handles it at above limit speed around curves is the class for you, sorry, this is the cartalkcanada forum. Not Formula Uno or street racing forum.
My point was it is almost the same size and body and it has absolutely nothing to compare with Elantra sedan.
Sorry to disturb yours pride of the ownership. Yes modest Imresas are more presentable as they used to be. But they are bloody  expensive compare to Aerio. So if person is looking for something different compare to one from many sedans it is less expensive to get AWD Aerio with exactly the same list of the regular options (I don’t care about leather as not practical option) compare to priced for quality-build Impresa and overpriced Matrix/Vibe.
And if we are trying to talk about the class  here, I would choose Saab even if it is at the same base now with Subaru. If you are 20+ all you need is acceleration, if you are 40+ you need the correct name of the brand which represents your social status. Yes Subaru has more prestige compare to Suzuki. But if you are driving Suzuki at yours 40+ you are still original, but if you are driving small Huinday at the same age, I'm very sorry, you are still under student class.

avtoller

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 05:47:28 pm »
You are incapable both of reading and spelling. You also make totally unwarranted assumptions - most of them utterly  absurd. If you could read, you would know that I do NOT currently own a Forester, but rather a Yaris.

"I don’t care about crazy accelerating you are so pathetic about."

??? ??? ???

Please learn how to spell the names of cars: Huinday, Impresa are not the names of cars in THIS universe.

As far as being interested in "prestige" - it has never been a consideration in my 40+ years of car buying. I liked my 1 Suzuki very much - a 1991 Swift. I was merely calling you on your numerous gross misstatements and misrepresentations. I'm sorry I wasted my time on a dolt.  :P

Oh, and BTW, The Forester is not, and never has been an "SUV".

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 06:06:08 pm »
 :rofl2:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 06:16:10 pm »
 I is sew SORRY   ....the BEER TRUCK WOZ late..... ::) :P :rofl2: and the Yaris 8 my homwerk..I jest wannabe like ma deer olde MOM......D'oh  A thingie that begins wif whattsitt.......
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 06:18:35 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

kf095

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:40 pm »
Sorry, for my spelling. I know it is too bad.
How bad is my reading:
You are incapable both of reading and spelling. You also make totally unwarranted assumptions - most of them utterly  absurd. If you could read, you would know that I do NOT currently own a Forester, but rather a Yaris.

My Forester (much heavier than the Impreza, but with the same engine) would absolutely blow the doors off the Aerio SX (AWD) that I test drove last summer. You can't even spell the name of the car!!!  ::) ::) :foil: :eye: :halffro:

If you will open any regular auto review magazine you will find Forester in small SUV.
I was reading test about Forester vs RAV4 and Sportage.
I'm driving Aerio and was writing about Aerio.
You are driving young Echo which is nice car.
But how about "My Forester".
Are you OK? In general. I hope you are OK.