Author Topic: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Volkswagen Golf 5-Door 1.8TSI; Day 1  (Read 42339 times)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Day-by-Day Review: 2015 Volkswagen Golf 5-Door 1.8TSI; Day 1
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2014, 03:20:09 pm »
Just try to find another Japanese competitor with the same kind of engine for less money. Then we can compare.
= if you take away the turbo,  TOYOTA COROLLA  ( 1.8 L engine ),  but a Corolla feels like a crap-box by comparison.

The higher profile 16-inch tires soak up the road and offer nearly zero road noise, those wishing for the 15-inch tires on the base should try the 16s because they are surprisingly smooth and quiet.
   this is then quickly followed by 
Doesn't take much to run up the price apparently.
since 16" tires are more expensive, it adds to the base car's price.

I’ve never been a huge Golf fan
:  VW engines are NOT know for their long-term reliability and durability, and probably very few readers here are driving a 12 year old VW as his every-day driver.  'WELCOME TO GERMAN CARS' 
Welcome to German cars.

Of course most people buying a Golf are looking for the hatchback practicality and the Golf delivers that as well.
  plus =
the Golf really is a super quiet highway cruiser and you can easily drive it all day and get out feeling refreshed. The Germans really do have that figured out and they provide that same luxury car feeling and poise even in their inexpensive compact “everyday” cars.
= THAT IS TRUE, it really is a nice quiet luxury car at an entry level price.

The only annoying part is the huge tonneau cover that kind of gets in the way
   What the heck do people need with a Tonneau cover?  I mean, no one breaks into cars anymore, so why even bother using one of those things, just let things sit out in the open and make life easier.

great visibility in the Golf
= Yes, that is because the windows are very low, offering a great 'greenhouse' effect, not a 'bathtub' feeling like you get in an Acura MDX.

-----

Getting a little tiring having to scroll past all these empty narcissistic bleatings from those who seem to need to see their names in print so often.
……….

Dogs here’s a perfect example of someone who’s owned..

Narcissistic, is complimentary….. Less of course you brought your teacher an apple a day…. Swallowed the programming…

Show me a millionaire and I will show you a Narcissist..

Now go cut the grass lawn boy..

Wow....do us all a favor and stop breathing. What a waste of oxygen.