Author Topic: One Hundred and Eighty Two Thousand Frickin' Dollars?!?  (Read 13028 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: One Hundred and Eighty Two Thousand Frickin' Dollars?!?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:31 am »

The price isn't any more ludicrous than any other high end car frankly, technology.

I disagree.  The car has a distinct lack of quality and attention to detail as opposed to most other cars playing in the price range.

Before being bought out, Jaguar and Rolls/Bentley had miserable quality control and were terribly unreliable. Ferrari, Lamborghini were even worse. That didn't affect their pricing strategy.
Even now, there are a pile of high end manufacturers that have reliability issues. Tesla isn't exceptional in that regard.

Problems with Teslas get amplified, especially by people with a political axe to grind.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 11:35:14 am »
Anyone else remember the "White Zombie" 1972 Datsun home-built EV that tore up drag strips?  He had some terrible personal difficulties (lost his wife) and his drive cooled off - but another guy has taken the "charge" and has converted a 68 Mustang Fastback to a full EV.  He's using a lot of the engineering developed by Wayland with the same principle of using an old car and adding a lot of get up and go.

Not the range of a Tesla, but performance wise, there's nothing short of a rocket powered anything that can touch this car.  It's beyond nuts.  Which is why it's so awesome.

My perfect $200K EV stable consists of the Zombie 222 and a plug-in Prius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwIsKC7ROQ

I just can't get into it.  A car like that should have rip-roaring V8 sound track.  I don't care how fast it is.  It leaves me absolutely cold.

Exactly!!! At the S63 range of cars, I expect an exhaust note that rustles my jimmies......not the whining of an electric forklift.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 07:56:42 pm »
The political AXE   ask   >:( for Tesla has been ground finer than any before ...and the result..a LOSER for the consumer and the tax paying public....enuf already...the ROCKETS RED GLARE is as obvious as  their last multi billion failure...run dont walk away from this Solandra two............ :'( :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 10:36:12 pm »
I haven't actually told anyone we bought the car
I very much doubt that.

I've told one person at work we bought one.   He and I are peers.   No one else knows.
It's my wife's daily driver, as she puts on lots of km for her business, and she doesn't tell anyone either.
If we show up in it, they know.  Otherwise, it's our secret.

I may come across as an A-type know-it-all here, but that's my choice, it's on-line, and all for fun, no harm meant, and no personal attacks, unlike some of you that feel the need to call names, can't hurt my feelings, we're all just passing time on this forum waiting for the Tesla Model 3 to come out and change the world, right.  ;-)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 10:59:29 pm »
I very much doubt that.

I've told one person at work we bought one.   He and I are peers.   No one else knows.
It's my wife's daily driver, as she puts on lots of km for her business, and she doesn't tell anyone either.

I may come across as an A-type know-it-all here, but that's my choice, it's on-line, and all for fun, no harm meant, and no personal attacks, unlike some of you that feel the need to call names, can't hurt my feelings, we're all just passing time on this forum waiting for the Tesla Model 3 to come out and change the world, right.  ;-)

No, serious?  Never would of guess that!   ::)
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 11:01:50 pm »
I very much doubt that.

Change the world.....ha... yeah, maybe a plaything and third car for wealthy apartment dwellers in downtown Vancouver or T.O.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 07:41:37 am »
I very much doubt that.

So nobody knows except everybody here, your friend, everybody your friend told and everybody your wife comes in contact with. Yep, nobody knows.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12357
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »
I very much doubt that.

So nobody knows except everybody here, your friend, everybody your friend told and everybody your wife comes in contact with. Yep, nobody knows.

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: ;D :rofl2:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 03:04:38 pm »
I very much doubt that.

And everyone that see's them show up in it... hmmmm, "honey, should we take the Smart car or the Tesla out tonight?"... thinking the Model S gets out more that the Smart.   :rofl2:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 06:18:44 pm »
I very much doubt that.

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: ;D :rofl2:

You forgot his Blog.  He told everyone on his blog, too.  However...I can't be sure if anyone follows his blog.

Just sayin'......
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 06:42:09 pm »
It's beginning to sound like the only people that don't know are...

https://www.csis.gc.ca/index-en.php

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:55 am »
  "honey, should we take the Smart car or the Tesla out tonight?"... thinking the Model S gets out more that the Smart.   :rofl2:

Both my wife and I prefer the Smart ED over the Tesla for short trips around town, we do the school runs in the Smart because it's so easy to park and in the coldest days of the winter, the cabin is smaller and heats up more quickly than any car we've ever owned.

It was the same when she had her Mercedes SUV, she took the Smart ED instead on most city trips when possible as it's easy to park and quick in the city.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »