Author Topic: Selling my S2000  (Read 5620 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: Selling my S2000
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 02:05:11 pm »
^^  Right!

I do see why one would want a waterfront property but  for myself I cannot imagine wanting 20 acres of countryside.   It would just be too quiet for me...too much nature and not enough concrete.

Everyone to their own.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »
^^  Right!

I do see why one would want a waterfront property but  for myself I cannot imagine wanting 20 acres of countryside.   It would just be too quiet for me...too much nature and not enough concrete.

Everyone to their own.
I guess you also need an Indian restaurants and an English pub within walking distance  ;D

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 02:47:20 pm »
Within a short drive anyway although I don't really care about the pub and I can cook most Indian food myself.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 02:59:21 pm »
I wish I could buy this right now but the timing is not right.  If we were 5 years from now I'd totally make you an offer and even let you come visit her in Fredericton...might even let you drive it on occasion. 

Only two years into my Golf R and a good 5 years minimum before I plan on having a RWD vehicle join the stables.

You sure you couldn't find another way to come up with the funds and keep the S2K?

I know you'd love to sell to a forum member to keep in touch and be able to see it now and again.  Also I'm sure you'd like to know it is going to go to a nice home that won't ruin it with stupid mods like 90% of the other ones out there.

My preference is for my wife to quit her job and then we can sell our current house and move there permanently and have the funds to make it what we want right away.  She only works part time but her employer has had two other employees go out on indefinite sick leave recently and now they want her to put in more time in as they are in a bad way.  Her employer has been very good to her and we have become good friends with them all since so she feels an obligation to stay for a while longer and I can respect that. 

Any other measure would be to tap into our retirement savings but we are reluctant to do that.

Car versus dream summer property? That's an easy one: sell the car, just as you are doing.

The great thing about the car hobby is that there is always the next best thing or the next best barn find.  Half of being a car guy (for me) is looking for those deals, not keeping the cars!

And then there's that! 

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 05:25:34 pm »
No way would I touch my retirement funds.  Maybe make the offer for the house conditional on the sale of your current property.

I'm just being selfish in wanting you to keep the S2K until I can purchase it in 5 years or so.  You'll never be able to find another one in as good of condition, probably lucky you found this one in the first place.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 05:42:24 pm »
That property sounds like a real find Tom....on the Belle Isle?
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »
No way would I touch my retirement funds.  Maybe make the offer for the house conditional on the sale of your current property.

I'm just being selfish in wanting you to keep the S2K until I can purchase it in 5 years or so.  You'll never be able to find another one in as good of condition, probably lucky you found this one in the first place.

probably never find another waterfront property like that, either..

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 04:55:34 pm »
I wish I could buy this right now but the timing is not right.  If we were 5 years from now I'd totally make you an offer and even let you come visit her in Fredericton...might even let you drive it on occasion. 

Only two years into my Golf R and a good 5 years minimum before I plan on having a RWD vehicle join the stables.

You sure you couldn't find another way to come up with the funds and keep the S2K?

I know you'd love to sell to a forum member to keep in touch and be able to see it now and again.  Also I'm sure you'd like to know it is going to go to a nice home that won't ruin it with stupid mods like 90% of the other ones out there.

My preference is for my wife to quit her job and then we can sell our current house and move there permanently and have the funds to make it what we want right away.  She only works part time but her employer has had two other employees go out on indefinite sick leave recently and now they want her to put in more time in as they are in a bad way.  Her employer has been very good to her and we have become good friends with them all since so she feels an obligation to stay for a while longer and I can respect that. 

Any other measure would be to tap into our retirement savings but we are reluctant to do that.

Car versus dream summer property? That's an easy one: sell the car, just as you are doing.

The great thing about the car hobby is that there is always the next best thing or the next best barn find.  Half of being a car guy (for me) is looking for those deals, not keeping the cars!

And then there's that!

Sounds like you are making a good choice. I would not want to over extend myself with debt.
You can always get another car later.
And then there is that great pension you will receive from your employer . :stick:
when you actually decide to retire.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 10:33:31 am »
I'm guessing you were able to find a buyer as the ad is no longer available.  Hope you found a good home for it and good luck in your property purchase.  I'm sure you'll miss your S2K but get more enjoyment out of living in your dream location.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »
Oh wow, just catching up on this now Tom.  A total shame that you have to let it go, but for obvious good reasons.  Not sure if you actually sold it yet, but no doubt you were picky on who you sold it to and it went to a good home. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing