Author Topic: Some People ...  (Read 453935 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
Re: Some People ...
« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2016, 12:11:24 pm »
The fastest vehicles on the road here are always full size trucks. Not uncommon to a see a farmer doing 150 down a secondary highway.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #361 on: July 29, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »
his complaint is that there is a very slight vibration at highway speeds... "so what speed is that for you?", "between 150-160".

Had a customer at Ford with a similar concern. "truck has a vibration at 150km/h while in 4wd" It was a F350 diesel too.  :rofl2:

Isn't the cure obvious here?  Hercules tires.  G5000Z (215/40ZR17).

The joke that keeps on giving.   :)

Offline Sandman

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +9/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Audi S5
« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2016, 12:50:04 pm »
his complaint is that there is a very slight vibration at highway speeds... "so what speed is that for you?", "between 150-160".

Had a customer at Ford with a similar concern. "truck has a vibration at 150km/h while in 4wd" It was a F350 diesel too.  :rofl2:

I don't get it?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2016, 12:53:28 pm »

I don't get it?

Inside joke, had to be there, happened a long time ago on here.....still hilarious, I'm sure someone will dig that thread up  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2016, 02:00:10 pm »

I don't get it?

Inside joke, had to be there, happened a long time ago on here.....still hilarious, I'm sure someone will dig that thread up  ;D

I followed a Hercules Tire truck on the highway yesterday. Sprinter van all painted up with the Hercules Tire logo. Should've snapped a pic.  :D

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »
Had a guy wanting to finance a 2005 Chrysler 300. We found one bank that would do a 24 month loan on that year of car. We presented the payments and the customer said they had to go home and consider it. That evening I got a call from the customer. He was upset that the payment was so high, saying he could get a brand new truck with a similar payment.

"Over 24 months?" I asked.

"No, 84. But it's just common sense that the payments on an 11 year old car should be way lower than on a brand new truck," he replied.

"Well, we are not dealing with common sense here. We are dealing with arithmetic. Do you really want to be making payments on an 18 year old car?"

"Who said anything about making payments for 18 years?"

Sigh ...

"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2016, 08:26:50 am »
Had a guy wanting to finance a 2005 Chrysler 300. We found one bank that would do a 24 month loan on that year of car. We presented the payments and the customer said they had to go home and consider it. That evening I got a call from the customer. He was upset that the payment was so high, saying he could get a brand new truck with a similar payment.

"No, 84. But it's just common sense that the payments on an 11 year old car should be way lower than on a brand new truck," he replied.

"Well, we are not dealing with common sense here. We are dealing with arithmetic. Do you really want to be making payments on an 18 year old car?"

Sigh ...

:banghead:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2016, 08:36:49 am »
meh... i like the dealership (or wherever i work) to be successful. sometime it means some sacrifices on my end, but i like to think it works in my favour, be it from compensation, certain freedoms i'm given, or just karma!

so today's fun one was in the shop... guy who comes in, tells us that he is a difficult customer from the get-go... has a 16 ram with 20k on the clock... first time we've seen him, so we look it up... been to three dealers before us, never gone back to any, so tells us he is either just not loyal at all, has been booted from the other dealers, or they have upset him somehow.

hmm... we tell him that a) we can't road test for that, and b) at those speeds, you are bound to have a less smooth ride being that you are driving a pick-up truck.

"if a ferrari can drive 240km/h smoothly, i should expect this can handle nearly 100km/h less. i paid a lot of money for it, so i expect it to do what i want".

I looked up the warranty info on his truck from the other dealers, nearly every problem was a"fault not found", or "unable to duplicate customers concerns at this time"... that translates to, "customer is a dick, so we aren't going to spend the time to fix things that aren't broken".

so guys, don't be like this guy. be realistic, loyal, and just friendly and people will want to help you.

This reminds me of my time as a lot kid at a dealership in University. Parents bought a kid (17-19 or so) a Corvette. He brings it in with a check engine light on. Techs hook it up to the machine and find on sensor tripped at 197 km/h and another at 220 km/h. The kid is asked what track he was at when it happened and of course he states he's never been to a track and to just fix his car. The service manager lays into the kid a bit saying there's no way he's sending a tech out on the highway to test the car at those speeds to verify the issue and he should slow down.

The kids mom comes in and berates the service manager for speaking to her kid like that and to fix the car. Long story short, the Vette arrives on the back of a flatbed totalled less than a month later from a high-speed spin out on a residential road.

Parents buy kid another Corvette as replacement.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2016, 08:45:09 am »
I read some of these posts and it makes me believe more and more of the value of a rifle butt a baseball bat to the head as a teaching experience.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +121/-437
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2016, 09:46:25 am »

Sigh ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2016, 10:06:08 am »
^ Love that!

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2016, 10:31:32 am »
I read some of these posts and it makes me believe more and more of the value of a rifle butt a baseball bat to the head as a teaching experience.

i think bullet would work as well.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2016, 10:34:05 am »

i think bullet would work as well.
A teaching experience suggests that they have to be alive afterwards no?

Some of the posts about people who come to the dealers saying that hate xxx and then go further underwater buying a used yyy which could be worse should have to spend a year or two driving a '60s  British car...and I don't mean a Roller or even a Jaguar.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:36:44 am by tpl »

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #373 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:02 am »
I was referring more soecifically toward mikes example of kid who flippied Corvette in residential area though.   

But yes, otherwise  a bat would work better.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2016, 12:18:57 pm »
though this one was briefly mentioned in the upside down one, it really belongs here...

kid who has bad credit, a couple months out of a proposal... called because his car has bitten the bullet. i don't even know what the car is because he tells me it's scrap. i'll show him 500 bucks if he can get it to me. he then tells me he wants this jeep wrangler rubicon i have for roughly 40k.... ok sure... show him payments.. they are WAY too high, so i just tell him that... he wants me to just lower them magically.

i told him, this is using prime credit... i'm hoping we can get a co-signer or something... he says no chance, so i let him know payments will be even higher likely, not lower. that's when he drops the bomb that he still owes 13000 on the scrap car... he just could not understand that the money didn't go away... his literal words?...

"well, that car doesn't run anymore, so i don't think i need to keep paying it, right?"

wonder why he nearly went bankrupt.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »
Parents who have kids in highschool now, I wonder if the Math curriculum has changed to help the kids understand.  More chapters on business math, then calculus. 

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2016, 01:14:08 pm »
"well, that car doesn't run anymore, so i don't think i need to keep paying it, right?"

:rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2016, 01:45:10 pm »

:rofl: :rofl:

Holy crap.....they are amongst us and allowed to breed and vote.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:21 pm »
though this one was briefly mentioned in the upside down one, it really belongs here...

kid who has bad credit, a couple months out of a proposal... called because his car has bitten the bullet. i don't even know what the car is because he tells me it's scrap. i'll show him 500 bucks if he can get it to me. he then tells me he wants this jeep wrangler rubicon i have for roughly 40k.... ok sure... show him payments.. they are WAY too high, so i just tell him that... he wants me to just lower them magically.

i told him, this is using prime credit... i'm hoping we can get a co-signer or something... he says no chance, so i let him know payments will be even higher likely, not lower. that's when he drops the bomb that he still owes 13000 on the scrap car... he just could not understand that the money didn't go away... his literal words?...

wonder why he nearly went bankrupt.

Can he read at least?  If so, point him over to this forum so he can see the entertainment we get out of his limited math skills and common sense   :rofl2:

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »
oh i get stuff like that more often than i should.... girl who didn't have the money to pay for her winter wheels, so had to go home and talk to mom... she was a good customer, so we said ok, we'll let you drive off... two weeks later, we finally get a hold of her and she says, "oh, i got in an accident the other day". "sorry to hear that... so about the wheels...", "oh, i'm not driving the car anymore, so i shouldn't have to pay for the tires, right?"........

"....why would you think that?"