Author Topic: Inside Story: 2010 Porsche Panamera S  (Read 12977 times)

Offline JSCC

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Inside Story: 2010 Porsche Panamera S
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 11:32:14 pm »
I am still confused what size class the Panamera fits in.  ???

Is it mid-size? A6, 5 series, E-Class.
Or full-size? A8, 7 series, S-Class.
In between? A7, 6 series Gran coupe, CLS-Class.

It's price range is definitely full size.
2011 MB C300 4Matic (Tenorite Grey)
2010 MB C300 4Matic (Iridium Silver)
2002 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS Sport Luxury Leather package

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 05:55:24 am »
Porsche recalls £73,000 Panamera supercar over safety belt fears

Porsche’s long-awaited sports car, the Panamera, has been recalled over fears that its safety belts do not work.

Porsche said that it was recalling more than 11,300 of the Panamera models, which have been in production since September.

The car was introduced as Porsche’s attempt to take on the Aston Martin Rapide, Maserati Quattroporte and Mercedes-Benz CLS in the four-door, four-seater sports coupe market. The company had planned to build 20,000 a year.

Porsche said that it had ordered the recall due to possible problems with the seatbelt mounts when the front seats were adjusted in an extreme forward position.

Porsche confirmed that more than 400 of the cars are on the road in the UK, where they retail from £73,000.

The Panamera did not get the best of receptions in Britain at launch. An edition of Top Gear, the BBC motoring programme, likened the car to an Austin Maxi, a functional but unlovely family hatchback of the 1970 and 1980s.

Reviewing the model in The Sunday Times last year, Jeremy Clarkson dismissed the car’s design. “Porsche plainly gave the job to a janitor,” he said.

The recall follows months of model withdrawals by several motor manufacturers, notably Toyota, the world’s biggest carbuilder, which at one stage at 8.5 million cars worldwide on notice of recall.

From the Times 28/04/10
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

SJP

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 10:10:51 pm »
Jeremy Clarkson dismissed the car’s design. “Porsche plainly gave the job to a janitor,” he said.

That doesn't sound like something he would say, LOL, but he is once again very right

Offline PhiDelt

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +4/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW X1, BMW 325CI, 2013 Ford Taurus
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 10:23:32 pm »
My next door neighbor has one of these (traded in his C63 AMG) . I must say after sitting in it and driving it, I thought everything works very nice together. I didn't feel overwhelmed with the buttons, and the engine sounds sooo sweet (I thought the C63 sounded nice). Now if I could only convince my wife it would be a great family car for the new baby coming.....