Author Topic: Quick Spin: 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150  (Read 25244 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Quick Spin: 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »
I saw one of these parked at the golf course last night. What really struck me was how ridiculous those giant wheels with low profile rubber look on a tall pickup. If you really want dubs on your truck, then for god's sake at least have the sense to lower it.

And I thought the grey stickers all over the truck looked pretty cheesy, too.

I dont get low profile truck tires either, sidewalls are what keep your rims out of potholes and away from curbs. But again, I believe that most "all terrain" tires that come with are weaksauce. I dont know why youd buy a truck with all seasons on it, a lot of the places I go with my truck to have fun I need 4x4 and Im flinging mud, the Duratracs are awesome at that.
Somepeople use their work for work not for playing with.
Stock tires work great for me

I use my truck for work as well, but I have been in lots of situations picking stuff up or having to visit certain clients where the agressive all terrains have been the difference between a tow truck and making it through. Hell, where I store my trailer, if it hammers down rain, its sketchy as all hell. Plus, my tires have the little snowflake on them, they are great in the winter.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Quick Spin: 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:06 am »
My point is that SO many things aren't sustainable, yet it's always the truck/SUV that gets the bad wrap.

From over fishing to cruises to flying to the AC and electric drain in your house. Trucks get the call out because it"s the easy target coming from the people who know they'd never need or want one anyway. Make them take something that's not sustainable from their everyday life and watch them :censor:.

It's all fun and games until you're affected..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

100% agree.

+2.  Very well put.
+3...agreed.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.