Author Topic: TESLA Model III  (Read 506274 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Re: TESLA Model III
« Reply #1001 on: August 16, 2017, 08:42:53 am »
Hmmmmm...

http://jalopnik.com/this-first-look-at-the-tesla-model-3s-dash-controls-is-1797857601

Oh gosh this is dumb!! I totally thought the controls were hidden without the vents themselves...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CSH

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +71/-102
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Telsa Model 3 SR+, 2009 Honda CRV, 2015 Honda CBR500R
« Reply #1002 on: August 16, 2017, 09:01:51 am »
I ma not an expert in laws around setting manufacturers setting selling prices. Telsa wants a check from you for whats equivalent of $35,000 USD when you buy them. Manufacturers constantly adjust prices based on the exchange rate. I know thats not illegal so its hard to see why charging 35000 USD in Canadian would be illegal.

Regarding the controls..this will be a major pain in the winters when we have our gloves on.. will be hard to adjust till the car warms up (which will take time since it is electric)

Another thing that baffles me is that they have navigation and WiFi as standard but not heated seats..They could have very eaily disabled WiFi and have made it an ($2000) option and enabled it by an software update. Then again i may not be in the right age group...

Wifi may be more important for millenials and younger compared to old (not really v old) people like me and maybe they know this...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 16, 2017, 09:10:49 am »
I ma not an expert in laws around setting manufacturers setting selling prices. Telsa wants a check from you for whats equivalent of $35,000 USD when you buy them. Manufacturers constantly adjust prices based on the exchange rate. I know thats not illegal so its hard to see why charging 35000 USD in Canadian would be illegal.

Regarding the controls..this will be a major pain in the winters when we have our gloves on.. will be hard to adjust till the car warms up (which will take time since it is electric)

Another thing that baffles me is that they have navigation and WiFi as standard but not heated seats..They could have very eaily disabled WiFi and have made it an ($2000) option and enabled it by an software update. Then again i may not be in the right age group...

Wifi may be more important for millenials and younger compared to old (not really v old) people like me and maybe they know this...
Car companies do not alter their prices on a daily basis as the U.S.dollar fluctuates....as the case would be if you were buying a Tesla.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #1004 on: August 16, 2017, 09:14:56 am »
^^^ If every retailer decides to price their goods and services in USD it effectively undermines the national currency. I'm not sure if there are any laws prohibiting this in Canada.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 16, 2017, 09:23:40 am »
Hmmmmm...

http://jalopnik.com/this-first-look-at-the-tesla-model-3s-dash-controls-is-1797857601

It's 'genius' to have controls where there is no tactile sensation, so the driver has to take his/her eyes off the road and look down to use the controls?

That's not 'genius', that's stupid design.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline CSH

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +71/-102
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Telsa Model 3 SR+, 2009 Honda CRV, 2015 Honda CBR500R
« Reply #1006 on: August 16, 2017, 09:29:06 am »
The price of gas fluctuates every few minutes so I don't see why Tesla can't do this. Somewhat sarcastic reply.

We buy computing hardware from the united states based companies (CISCO, PaloAlto, Proofpoint etc..) They adjust pricing of their products anywhere from once a year to once a quarter based on the USD.. so it is a well known practice for big corporations.. Tesla may do it once a week or month or so...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #1007 on: August 16, 2017, 09:38:00 am »
The price of gas fluctuates every few minutes so I don't see why Tesla can't do this. Somewhat sarcastic reply.

We buy computing hardware from the united states based companies (CISCO, PaloAlto, Proofpoint etc..) They adjust pricing of their products anywhere from once a year to once a quarter based on the USD.. so it is a well known practice for big corporations.. Tesla may do it once a week or month or so...

It is one thing to have to change a price based on the market conditions it is another to tell a consumer "your balance is xx.xx USD, whatever it is in CAD on the day you cut us a cheque". If you are a local retailer your price should be in CAD and not in USD equivalent. Just wait until someone in the know gets a smell of this situation  ;)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1008 on: August 16, 2017, 09:49:33 am »
Didn't Porsche sell the Carrera GT in US$ in Canada.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 16, 2017, 11:24:01 am »

It is one thing to have to change a price based on the market conditions it is another to tell a consumer "your balance is xx.xx USD, whatever it is in CAD on the day you cut us a cheque". If you are a local retailer your price should be in CAD and not in USD equivalent. Just wait until someone in the know gets a smell of this situation  ;)

We do business with some of our big customers in USD, even though we're both based here.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #1010 on: August 16, 2017, 11:39:31 am »

Should Tesla count as a local retailer?   Probably does as its web site shows Canadian 'stores'.   Even so why can't it charge in USD at the spot rate.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 18, 2017, 10:48:42 pm »
While putting down my $2K deposit on a new EV at Mercedes dealer, the sales associate said he had a $1K deposit on a Tesla Model 3.
Not news, but I found that an interesting thing to offer up while doing the sale negotiation.

Online Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +121/-437
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #1012 on: August 19, 2017, 10:32:52 am »
While putting down my $2K deposit on a new EV at Mercedes dealer, the sales associate said he had a $1K deposit on a Tesla Model 3.
Not news, but I found that an interesting thing to offer up while doing the sale negotiation.

WFC   ::)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1013 on: August 19, 2017, 10:36:13 am »
Why would you need to put a deposit down?
When I order my truck , I offered to put money down and they said no

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 19, 2017, 01:13:04 pm »

Why would you need to put a deposit down?
When I order my truck , I offered to put money down and they said no

This wasn't an order.  There are a small number of cars currently in Canada that were shipped from Europe factory.   By placing the deposit, I have secured the option of buying that car.  Without the deposit, when they arrive at the dealer, anyone could take that car and buy it before I got a chance to see it.   It was a preventative measure to ensure I had the option of buying it once I do a test drive of the demonstrator.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 09, 2017, 06:16:48 am »
Interesting...find your Model 3 monthly payment to see how affordable it is...
http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-monthly-payment-cost-calculator-tax-insurance-charging/

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #1016 on: September 09, 2017, 06:24:07 am »
wants me to sign up

no thanks

wouldnt sway me anyways
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:23 am »
wants me to sign up

no thanks

wouldnt sway me anyways
Odd..no sign up in any of my devices

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #1018 on: September 09, 2017, 09:14:47 am »
Man that's a terrible website for mobile.

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #1019 on: September 09, 2017, 09:21:47 am »
Hmmmmm...

I hope there's a fully automatic option for airflow. All my previous cars with automatic climate control direct air down low when heating and up high when cooling as it should. I like it that way and do not want to be constantly adjusting airflow.