Author Topic: Help deciding.  (Read 18580 times)

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Altima 3.5 SE, TLX A-Spec SH-AWD V6
Re: Help deciding.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2021, 08:40:55 pm »
If you're talking about the RDX, hows about a Lexus RX450h or NX450h. They will have the best reliability and resale value easily.

Was looking at the 2022 NX350 online but don’t love the interior and the engine is nothing special.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2021, 09:14:31 pm »
If you're talking about the RDX, hows about a Lexus RX450h or NX450h. They will have the best reliability and resale value easily.

Was looking at the 2022 NX350 online but don’t love the interior and the engine is nothing special.

That's why you want the NX450h.  ;)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:11 pm »
I drove the RXh a few years back and found it to be a well sorted ute that was a lot more engaging to drive than its previous generation, which ended with 2015 model year.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2021, 09:48:41 am »
Do drive the RDX. Reliable Honda bits underneath, nicely done interior, right size, and great responsive drivetrain.

Lexus products not nearly as fun to drive.

CX-5 2.5t: spent a month with one, nice and refined but not really sporty, and I think you're looking for an SUV that drives like a sport sedan from your posts. Ironically, the Jeep Cherokee with the rarer 2.0t is a hoot to drive in comparison.

The Alfa is an Italian mistress, full of drama and passion but ... you're leasing, so Ciao! Bella if things turn sour.

QX50 - nice, but CVT ruins it.

Audi Q5 - drove one, left me cold for some reason.

F-Pace - if leasing then intriguing option - not all of them are uber expensive - there are a few new old stock ones on Trader. And it's a Jaaaag.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2021, 10:06:49 am »
Do drive the RDX. Reliable Honda bits underneath, nicely done interior, right size, and great responsive drivetrain.

CX-5 2.5t: spent a month with one, nice and refined but not really sporty, and I think you're looking for an SUV that drives like a sport sedan from your posts. Ironically, the Jeep Cherokee with the rarer 2.0t is a hoot to drive in comparison.

The Alfa is an Italian mistress, full of drama and passion but ... you're leasing, so Ciao! Bella if things turn sour.

F-Pace - if leasing then intriguing option - not all of them are uber expensive - there are a few new old stock ones on Trader. And it's a Jaaaag.

Bang on about the Mazda.

I just had the Genesis for an extended test and while it’s a gorgeous car, the drive was substantially lacking compared to the Alfa Romeo.

My TLX A-spec now has the thigh extension for the seats and it actually has been really beneficial for me as I have sciatica that acts up every now and then and the thigh extension really helps. Oddly, the RDX in the A-Spec trim does not have it and it’s only on the Platinum Elite A-Spec which is like 6k more. So I’m a little torn with that.

Ultimately I really need to decide what I value the most. Stelvio destroys everyone with its pure joy to drive but I’m not sure if that should be enough to get it. The Genesis wins the other categories.

I’m going to try and drive the RDX. Maybe it ends up being a good balance between the luxury and tech the Genesis offers with the driving of the Alfa Romeo.

Can you tell I’m indecisive af?  :)

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2021, 11:10:50 am »

Bang on about the Mazda.

I just had the Genesis for an extended test and while it’s a gorgeous car, the drive was substantially lacking compared to the Alfa Romeo.

My TLX A-spec now has the thigh extension for the seats and it actually has been really beneficial for me as I have sciatica that acts up every now and then and the thigh extension really helps. Oddly, the RDX in the A-Spec trim does not have it and it’s only on the Platinum Elite A-Spec which is like 6k more. So I’m a little torn with that.

Ultimately I really need to decide what I value the most. Stelvio destroys everyone with its pure joy to drive but I’m not sure if that should be enough to get it. The Genesis wins the other categories.

I’m going to try and drive the RDX. Maybe it ends up being a good balance between the luxury and tech the Genesis offers with the driving of the Alfa Romeo.

You're dealing with a crowd that would hesitate between a Miata and a Tahoe - we understand  ;)

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2021, 11:29:05 am »

Bang on about the Mazda.

You're dealing with a crowd that would hesitate between a Miata and a Tahoe - we understand  ;)

Haha yah.

And now I am liking the XC60 T6 as well.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2021, 12:38:59 pm »
Buy a CPO Macan!

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 01:03:00 pm »
If driving feel matters to you and you are shopping in this segment then a BMW X3 deserves a look.

Definitely give the RDX a try. My daughter has a previous generation RDX (2016) and loves the way it drives.....it would certainly be my pick vs a vs reliability.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:07:41 pm by sailor723 »
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »
In case anyone is following along, the Lincoln Corsair has emerged as a strong candidate. I really like the look.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2021, 06:03:53 pm »
In case anyone is following along, the Lincoln Corsair has emerged as a strong candidate. I really like the look.
Ewww, Lincoln's are for old people.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2021, 06:07:19 pm »
^^Yup, a  good looking vehicle.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2021, 06:39:26 pm »
^^Yup, a  good looking vehicle.
Railton
Nice !
I like it in Blue

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2021, 06:53:29 pm »
Ewww, Lincoln's are for old people.

Haha yah I hear that. I think they have been doing a nice job in the last bunch of years.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2021, 09:12:01 am »
Have we named every conceivable CUV on the market yet?  Just checking.  :rofl2:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2021, 07:41:54 am »
Have we named every conceivable CUV on the market yet?  Just checking.  :rofl2:

It definitely seems that way haha. I have narrowed it down to 3. I’m among the most indecisive people out there which is not a good combo when looking to commit to a vehicle for 4 years.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2021, 07:43:27 am »
I might get ripped for this but I don’t love turbo 4s. Give me 300HP with a V6 engine over a similar turbo 4 any day. I don’t love the noise the engine makes like it’s straining or the high revs when you push it.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2021, 08:59:44 am »
I might get ripped for this but I don’t love turbo 4s. Give me 300HP with a V6 engine over a similar turbo 4 any day. I don’t love the noise the engine makes like it’s straining or the high revs when you push it.
I completely understand.  Even though my last two cars (Golf R & GLI) have had turbo 4 cylinders they aren't what I would call exciting engines.  It's hard nowadays to get a premium CUV with a 6 cylinder engine under that $70K mark.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2021, 10:11:58 am »
I completely understand.  Even though my last two cars (Golf R & GLI) have had turbo 4 cylinders they aren't what I would call exciting engines.  It's hard nowadays to get a premium CUV with a 6 cylinder engine under that $70K mark.

I am now starting to think that maybe I should look at the G70/Stinger with their twin turbo V6. (Although I haven’t tried either - or any twin turbo V6 - so perhaps it’s a similar issue with turbo 4s.

There’s too much choice out there and I have such a fear of regretting what I get. FML. I think I’m broken.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2021, 10:14:14 am »
The RX350 comes with a V6...