Author Topic: Help deciding.  (Read 18576 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: Help deciding.
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2021, 09:59:03 pm »
Excellent choice! I'm glad they've changed the wheel design. Congrats on being the first Stinger owner on the forum.  :)

Surprised there aren’t more. I don’t get why they don’t sell well - other than any Kia stigma. But if I can drive an Audi/BMW type for Kia money then sign me up cuz I ain’t paying for an Audi or BMW. One of my favourite quotes is from a Car and Driver article-  they called it “a working man's Porsche Panamera.”

"you bought what?" "what's a Stinger?" "why would you buy a Kia?"  ;D

- you will hear a lot of this from muggles around ya :P

Besides a Kia dealer service experience, ppl don't buy them more often because well, we live in a society and "keeping up appearances" British sitcom comes to mind to explain the affects of this society on an individual...

Haha yah. And I get it to a point but the Stinger is a whole different story.

As someone who once bought a Genesis when it was still a Hyundai, you don't have to convince me  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2021, 08:20:44 am »
Excellent choice! I'm glad they've changed the wheel design. Congrats on being the first Stinger owner on the forum.  :)

Surprised there aren’t more. I don’t get why they don’t sell well - other than any Kia stigma. But if I can drive an Audi/BMW type for Kia money then sign me up cuz I ain’t paying for an Audi or BMW. One of my favourite quotes is from a Car and Driver article-  they called it “a working man's Porsche Panamera.”

Funny enough, I gave my French review that exact title, but had not read that C/D quote - like minds! I had - briefly - driven a 1st-gen Panamera and the Stinger's shape, proportions and experience recalled that drive.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Altima 3.5 SE, TLX A-Spec SH-AWD V6
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2021, 01:29:28 pm »

Funny enough, I gave my French review that exact title, but had not read that C/D quote - like minds! I had - briefly - driven a 1st-gen Panamera and the Stinger's shape, proportions and experience recalled that drive.

That’s really cool actually. Good to know more than one person thought that way.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2021, 01:30:03 pm »

"you bought what?" "what's a Stinger?" "why would you buy a Kia?"  ;D

- you will hear a lot of this from muggles around ya :P

Besides a Kia dealer service experience, ppl don't buy them more often because well, we live in a society and "keeping up appearances" British sitcom comes to mind to explain the affects of this society on an individual...

Haha yah. And I get it to a point but the Stinger is a whole different story.

As someone who once bought a Genesis when it was still a Hyundai, you don't have to convince me  :)

You were a trendsetter. Genesis owes you.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2021, 01:55:07 pm »

That’s really cool actually. Good to know more than one person thought that way.
Did you get the 4 or 6 cylinder engine?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2021, 02:01:56 pm »

Railton
I might be wrong, but I don't think they currently sell/make the 4 cylinder anymore. 

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2021, 05:27:41 pm »

Railton
I might be wrong, but I don't think they currently sell/make the 4 cylinder anymore.

Yah you are right. Only V6 in Canada.

Offline Conflicted67

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2021, 02:08:46 pm »
Don't forget about us.  Post in show and shine once you get it.  we like helping people spend their hard earned $$$   ;D

Will do!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2021, 08:07:55 pm »
Wow, Stinger!  Forgot they still exist.  Very nice choice and congrats!  :thumbup:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2021, 12:41:50 pm »
Just noticed the KDM one gets running turn lights. You know you'll want that  :D