Author Topic: Sent Messages  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Sent Messages
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:22:00 pm »
When I get replies to a message, I go to check the details of what I wrote.  So I go to the sent items folder, and only a few messages from 2014 are there.  There missing? But I have been sent a few personal messages this week.

And shouldn't it be in the message I just received.  Because when you reply to an email, what you wrote is there.  That way, you don't have to go back, to see what you wrote. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: Sent Messages
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:27:27 pm »
When I get replies to a message, I go to check the details of what I wrote.  So I go to the sent items folder, and only a few messages from 2014 are there.  There missing? But I have been sent a few personal messages this week.

And shouldn't it be in the message I just received.  Because when you reply to an email, what you wrote is there.  That way, you don't have to go back, to see what you wrote.

I know you have to check the box "Save a copy in my outbox"

And it's only in the message you just received if the person sending it Quoted the original text.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:32:19 pm »

And it's only in the message you just received if the person sending it Quoted the original text.

Thanks Rocket.  Kind of dumb.  I guess they don't want that default on, or they would run out of storage. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:08 pm »

Thanks Rocket.  Kind of dumb.  I guess they don't want that default on, or they would run out of storage.

I don't know this 100% for sure....but found this out over the years through trial and error.  Oddly, some of the message I don't click the box on still end up in my Outbox!  ???

Perhaps Wing will be the ultimate source of knowledge on this. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »

I have that check , but cannot see sent messages