Author Topic: What "build and price" sites have you been on lately  (Read 225971 times)

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
Re: What "build and price" sites have you been on lately
« Reply #1060 on: April 22, 2024, 02:19:03 pm »
I know the styling is a little polarizing, and it's probably a gutless wonder...but it gets darn near 80 km electric range and right now there's up to $9000 in rebates both federally and provincially (yay! MB is back to giving away free money on electric/PHEVs!  :banana:) - which of course means that any dealer will "rightfully" sell you one because now it's sought after...for $9000 over list...probably...and it's a Mitsubishi (or a Nissan Pathfinder in reality, IIRC)...so do you really WANT one of these?  Gets decent YT reviews and the interior looks like a nice place to be...and 80 km of YT tester EV range means it'd rarely see a tank of gas.  My son thinks I've lost all sense of smell and taste. But it's gotta be better than an Explorer hybrid or an Escape...right?  Looks be damned and subjective.

The model I'd spec is around $58k...don't need top of the line, but has to have these wheels or it looks even worse.

As stated above, it's based off the Rogue not the Pathfinder.  Have a coworker who owns the ICE version and after two years he's already looking at trading it in, it's left them stranded something like 3 times on sports trips for their kids.  So I'm not sure if the reliability is all that great on these.  Also, my boss drives a Explorer Hybrid that is around the same amount old and it too has had a number of issues during his time of owning.

If I was buying a PHEV, my first choice would be the Rav4 Prime or the Lexus equivalent.  If I was looking at hybrid I'd probably go Toyota or Honda. 

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #1061 on: April 22, 2024, 02:40:52 pm »
Looks like Mazda has 1.9% for up to 3 years financing on all (?) cars now.

At our local Mazda dealer there is  a sea of CX-5's. I think that is the only vehicle Mazda sells. ;D

It's definitely their bestseller, by far.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 22, 2024, 08:11:01 pm »
Outlander PHEV isn't very efficient running on gas from what I remember once the battery is depleted.

Also issues when operating in the cold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZCPZcsr0Ig

I would pass and look at a Toyota.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 22, 2024, 08:11:23 pm »
Looks like Mazda has 1.9% for up to 3 years financing on all (?) cars now.

At our local Mazda dealer there is  a sea of CX-5's. I think that is the only vehicle Mazda sells. ;D

It's definitely their bestseller, by far.

The base GX is a great value.