Author Topic: Jaguar statement re: Canadian Importation of US vehicles  (Read 9305 times)

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Jaguar statement re: Canadian Importation of US vehicles
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:12:17 pm »
Not sure how long they've had this statement on their Canadian website.
Railton
http://www.jaguar.com/ca/en/xk/specifications_pricing/vehicle_import_process2
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Jaguar statement re: Canadian Importation of US vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:14:08 pm »
Buying a jag?

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 01:36:55 pm »
^^ That's all :censor: scare tactic. You can get the recall clearance letter and anything else you need from the American side....and for free. They're trying to make their money off of charging you, what is probably a crazy fee, to write you a stupid letter on Jag letterhead. On top of it, I'd happily drive my beauty JAG to the border to get my warranty work done - just do I wouldn't give these jokers the satisfaction.

Just about everything is homogenized  between USA and CAN cars these days anyway so I'd be surprised there would have to be any additional work done to make things equal. Of the four cars I've imported...Audi, Porsche, Acura, and Subaru... NOTHING had to be changed and the American side paid for everything and did ALL the paperwork and logistics. I just drove to the dealer and drove home.

Again, if they just facking made the price difference between CAN and USA more reasonable we would not be here in the first place.

+1  Jaguar is just trying to make it sound difficult.

Anytime I went through the process RIV was happy with a printout from the US dealer showing that there were no outstanding recalls on the vehicle.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 05:44:53 pm »
Buying a jag?
Just look'n... :shuffle:
Railton

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »
^^ That's all :censor: scare tactic. You can get the recall clearance letter and anything else you need from the American side....and for free. They're trying to make their money off of charging you, what is probably a crazy fee, to write you a stupid letter on Jag letterhead. On top of it, I'd happily drive my beauty JAG to the border to get my warranty work done - just do I wouldn't give these jokers the satisfaction.

Just about everything is homogenized  between USA and CAN cars these days anyway so I'd be surprised there would have to be any additional work done to make things equal. Of the four cars I've imported...Audi, Porsche, Acura, and Subaru... NOTHING had to be changed and the American side paid for everything and did ALL the paperwork and logistics. I just drove to the dealer and drove home.

Again, if they just facking made the price difference between CAN and USA more reasonable we would not be here in the first place.
Yeah agree for the most part. Driving down across the border for warranty work as necessary gets around the attitude of the Ontario Dealers. I should say so far the Infiniti boys have been good to deal with this side of the border. Then again, they've yet to have to turn a wrench to the G. :thumbup:
What Porsche did you import?
Railton

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:07 pm »
You shouldn't have an issue with infiniti, nissan replaced my diff no questions asked.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:24 pm »

Offline Gardiner Westbound

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »
Jaguar sales aren't exactly booming in either country. They should be grateful for every sale.

See attachment.
"When you invent a better mousetrap the mice tend to get smarter." - Willie Gingrich