Author Topic: Vacations 2024  (Read 8151 times)

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Re: Vacations 2024
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2024, 06:06:47 pm »
Family trip to Tokyo is booked. 13 days in and around Tokyo.
This trip is for my daughter, who’s into anime and cosplay. The kid is super excited as this trip is only what and where she wants to do and go.
Love direct flights and managed to find a nice studio to rent through an extended stay hotel with kitchen.
Grown up trip with just the wife is Berlin in July to the Pet Shop Boys concert with stop in Munich to visit high school friends.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2024, 07:52:11 pm »
This trip is for my daughter, who’s into anime and cosplay. The kid is super excited as this trip is only what and where she wants to do and go.
Love direct flights and managed to find a nice studio to rent through an extended stay hotel with kitchen.
Grown up trip with just the wife is Berlin in July to the Pet Shop Boys concert with stop in Munich to visit high school friends.
I 100 percent see you visiting the giant Gundam in Tokyo in your near future...:)

What a fantastic trip!  What's her favorite anime/character?

At you allowed to sneak off to do dad things like visit the STi Gallery or other auto museums in Tokyo?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2024, 08:09:04 pm »
I 100 percent see you visiting the giant Gundam in Tokyo in your near future...:)

At you allowed to sneak off to do dad things like visit the STi Gallery or other auto museums in Tokyo?

Will for sure go visit the giant Gundam.
She likes a lot of different anime’s. And also manga. She’s been drawing since she was 5 (10 years ago) and she has been selling her art for the past year at different anime conventions here in Vancouver.
We plan to go see Ghibli studios and park and museum, as we are all big fans of Miyazaki, and seen all his movies that were released here.
The auto museum was not on my radar, but now it is. I’ll look it up. Thanks for the idea.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2024, 08:09:33 pm »
This is going to be a busy year for us. Vegas at the end of the month, Arizona in March, Mexico in April and Cuba in November....so far.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2024, 08:29:46 pm »

Will for sure go visit the giant Gundam.
She likes a lot of different anime’s. And also manga. She’s been drawing since she was 5 (10 years ago) and she has been selling her art for the past year at different anime conventions here in Vancouver.
We plan to go see Ghibli studios and park and museum, as we are all big fans of Miyazaki, and seen all his movies that were released here.
The auto museum was not on my radar, but now it is. I’ll look it up. Thanks for the idea.

That sounds great!

Tokyo holiday in 2:22!  :rofl2:

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2024, 08:42:17 pm »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2024, 09:16:23 pm »

Have you seen "Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo"?

It was a short prequel (of sorts) to Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

It was also a product of Ghibli studios.

A bit out of the way (1 hour) but the Nissan Heritage Collection...Might be among the best car museums in the county for the enthusiast.

Also, PM sent!

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2024, 09:24:50 pm »

Have you seen "Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo"?

It was a short prequel (of sorts) to Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

It was also a product of Ghibli studios.

A bit out of the way (1 hour) but the Nissan Heritage Collection...Might be among the best car museums in the county for the enthusiast.

Also, PM sent!

Replied to your PM.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2024, 09:45:56 pm »
Booked flights to Merida in Mexico in March. We didn't go south last year so I'm pumped for this trip. 8 of us going down.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2024, 12:06:35 am »
Arizona in March

The desert is in bloom during March and is gorgeous.  You'll love it.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2024, 07:15:01 am »
Man a lot of great trips planned so far this year guys.  I hope to see some pictures of your adventures.  One thing that I saw above was the trip to Berlin to see the Pet Shop Boys, that would be right up my alley.  How far is that from the Nurburgring?  That’s a bucket list drive for myself.

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2024, 09:29:09 am »
Man a lot of great trips planned so far this year guys.  I hope to see some pictures of your adventures.  One thing that I saw above was the trip to Berlin to see the Pet Shop Boys, that would be right up my alley.  How far is that from the Nurburgring?  That’s a bucket list drive for myself.
That’s about 6 to 7 hrs drive.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2024, 10:18:21 am »

Please tell us more about your trip in Japan.  It's on our list with the kids.   I also started learning German on Duolingo and got a bunch of history books to read,  this one is on my list too.

This year we are thinking a trip to Vietnam with the kids but we would have to make it 3 weeks.  My daughter has been learning Vietnamese on Duolingo.

I'm also thinking a short trip to the US, but I'm not sure where it would be nice for the kids. Texas,ARI,  New Orlean, Cali,  Oregon....

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2024, 10:36:03 am »
Enjoy Tokyo! We really liked it. So clean and organized, like they just built it out of Lego yesterday. Great food, nice people, lots to see

Our bed was stuffed with concrete, the subway/train system has about a million companies and lines, and the toilets scared me for a while, but once you get the hang of things it is super fun

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2024, 10:31:54 am »
In the process of booking a week of cycling in Italy starting in late June. Based out of Riccione and we will get also see two stages of the Tour de France. Have about 6 friends also going on this trip so it will be a lot of fun.

Still need to find something to do for another week to make better value for the cost of flying. Normally I'd just plan a hiking trip but when I have to bring my cycling gear (kit, shoes, helmet, Garmin, lights) it is a pain to carry all these extra things while hiking. So might try and find another cycling trip. Not like there isn't any good places to cycle in the area.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2024, 11:08:25 am »
In the process of booking a week of cycling in Italy starting in late June. Based out of Riccione and we will get also see two stages of the Tour de France. Have about 6 friends also going on this trip so it will be a lot of fun.

Still need to find something to do for another week to make better value for the cost of flying. Normally I'd just plan a hiking trip but when I have to bring my cycling gear (kit, shoes, helmet, Garmin, lights) it is a pain to carry all these extra things while hiking. So might try and find another cycling trip. Not like there isn't any good places to cycle in the area.

That is AWESOME.  Should be a great trip!  I'm guessing Northern Italy?  You'll have to start training for those mountain climbs.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: bugatti
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2024, 02:25:38 pm »
Dolomite!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2024, 06:01:52 pm »
That is AWESOME.  Should be a great trip!  I'm guessing Northern Italy?  You'll have to start training for those mountain climbs.

On the Adriatic, south of Venice, east of Florence, close to San Marino. If that helps?  Already started my training (Zwift) plus I'll have Tucson in April where I'll climb Mt Lemmon again. I might even try to squeeze in a trip down to Lake Placid in early June, there is some good climbing there.

Dolomite!

Thinking about it. Trying to find a "cheap" tour company or figure out some self-guided trip. I'd love to do a Trek Travel but $$$$$.

Offline erich

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-125
    • View Profile
  • Cars: current: 2023 Genesis G70 2.0t,2019 Infiniti QX50, previous:2017 Subaru Legacy, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T, 2010 Subaru Forrester, 2004 Honda Civic, 2000 SAAB 9-3, 2000 Dodge Caravan, 2000 VW Golf, 1996 Suzuki Baleno, 1990 Subary Justy 1.0GL
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2024, 06:14:43 pm »
That’s about 6 to 7 hrs drive.
Isn't there a rail option? In '22 we traveled from Berlin to Munich, 600km in 4 hours, with full comfort and wifi

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2024, 07:22:13 pm »

That'll be a blast!