Author Topic: 2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
Re: 2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2023, 09:06:36 am »
An attractive bright blue Trax passed me on the 401 Saturday on my return from Toronto. Larger than I realized. It was boogying along at 120+.

I will likely wind up with a Trax or the Buick Envista within a year or two. My current 2014 (Daiwoo) 1.4T Cruze runs like a clock. The only engine issue I've had since new, was the (seeping) waterpump replaced under warranty. (There was an inspection recall for that as I recall.) I change the oil religiously every Fall with snow tire swap, and every spring with summer tire swap, regardless of the mileage, and usually a change mid summer. Cheap insurance.

Living in Brockville, I will only buy a car from a local dealer. Outside of that means travelling to Kingston or Ottawa, for service, which I'm not interested in. In Brockville, I'm limited to the Detroit three, the Korean twins, Toyota, Honda and Nissan, and since the local GM dealer has treated me well since moving here, they will probably get my business.

Nice little town, Brockville! I will try to get into the Envista next year. It looks really good. I'm already scheduled to review the Trailblazer when it arrives in fleet next spring.

With the 2RS and Activ at the exact same msrp, I'd get the Activ since it lands you a power driver's seat with lumbar support. If your back doesn't require it, the LT trim should suffice. And GM does not cheapen out on paint options - you have 7 or 8 depending on trim to pick from. Some are extra cost of course, like my tester's blue.

Edit - 120+ is not an issue, the thing is so calm on the highway that I'd reach 130 without being aware of it. It lacks passing power, but has "legs" as we say.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 09:08:39 am by Blueprint »
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 09:21:44 am »
An attractive bright blue Trax passed me on the 401 Saturday on my return from Toronto. Larger than I realized. It was boogying along at 120+.

I will likely wind up with a Trax or the Buick Envista within a year or two. My current 2014 (Daiwoo) 1.4T Cruze runs like a clock. The only engine issue I've had since new, was the (seeping) waterpump replaced under warranty. (There was an inspection recall for that as I recall.) I change the oil religiously every Fall with snow tire swap, and every spring with summer tire swap, regardless of the mileage, and usually a change mid summer. Cheap insurance.

Living in Brockville, I will only buy a car from a local dealer. Outside of that means travelling to Kingston or Ottawa, for service, which I'm not interested in. In Brockville, I'm limited to the Detroit three, the Korean twins, Toyota, Honda and Nissan, and since the local GM dealer has treated me well since moving here, they will probably get my business.

Nice little town, Brockville! I will try to get into the Envista next year. It looks really good. I'm already scheduled to review the Trailblazer when it arrives in fleet next spring.

With the 2RS and Activ at the exact same msrp, I'd get the Activ since it lands you a power driver's seat with lumbar support. If your back doesn't require it, the LT trim should suffice. And GM does not cheapen out on paint options - you have 7 or 8 depending on trim to pick from. Some are extra cost of course, like my tester's blue.

Edit - 120+ is not an issue, the thing is so calm on the highway that I'd reach 130 without being aware of it. It lacks passing power, but has "legs" as we say.

I will be curious to know if the Buick version is quieter than the Chev version. The Envista certainly looks more aerodynamic, so I'm reasoning, there should be less wind noise at highway speeds. The other plus for the Envista, is it can be optioned with the Watts link rear axle. My Cruze has the optional watts link, and it handles bumps, (especially RRX tracks) much better than any conventional twist beam car I've owned.

FWD only doesn't bother me. Being retired means if the weather is bad, I postpone whatever driving I have to do. I've never had a problem with any of my FWD cars over the years with winter blizzard Toronto hills. The biggest problem was always getting blocked by cheap ass minivan drivers on all seasons.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2023, 03:52:18 pm »
With taxes this is a $30k wiener car. 

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2023, 03:56:08 pm »

Competition is Venue, Soul and Kicks, basically, all at similar budgets. It's truck budgets that I find obscene (and EVs, of course).

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2023, 03:57:07 pm »

Competition is Venue, Soul and Kicks, basically, all at similar budgets. It's truck budgets that I find obscene (and EVs, of course).

So, all weiner cars??  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2023, 03:59:04 pm »

Add Taos. Let's call them compacts for people with bad backs. And the market is asking for more!!

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2023, 04:05:29 pm »

Add Taos. Let's call them compacts for people with bad backs. And the market is asking for more!!

It's all over extended consumers can afford.. ;D

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2023, 04:30:05 pm »
Saw a Trailblazer in the parking lot today, looks fine but much like a slightly bigger Nissan Kicks

Odd how the cheaper Trax would be larger than Trailblazer

Seems like a lot of overlap between Trax/Trailblazer/Equinox

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-39
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 VW GTI, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2023, 10:27:32 am »
One of the current shuttles the local GM dealer has is a Trailblazer and I was driven in it a couple of times  over the last week. On urban streets the 3 cylinder is quiet and unobtrusive, I don't know if it was the 1.2 liter or the more powerful 1.3 liter with the CVT or the 6 speed auto respectively. What's good about the Trax is that it has the traditional 6 speed auto and not the CVT. 

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2023, 08:24:02 am »
One of the current shuttles the local GM dealer has is a Trailblazer and I was driven in it a couple of times  over the last week. On urban streets the 3 cylinder is quiet and unobtrusive, I don't know if it was the 1.2 liter or the more powerful 1.3 liter with the CVT or the 6 speed auto respectively. What's good about the Trax is that it has the traditional 6 speed auto and not the CVT.

All Traxes have the 1.2+6-speed auto, same with Envista. Trailblazer/Encore GX fwd have the 1.2+CVT, while the awd versions have the 1.3+9-speed auto. With the Trax being Lincoln-silent on the highway, I'm looking forward to eventually driving the Envista.