Author Topic: Transmission problem????  (Read 1811 times)

raphael

Transmission problem????
« on: November 12, 2005, 05:01:31 pm »
just new here... well i have this 2002 buick rendevous for 3 years now. everything is good and working okay... not untill i felt this situation...for about 8 months ago.  here's the situation... while driving in normal condition, when i accelerate by stepping on the gas paddle, then step on the brakes and accelerate by stepping on the gas paddle again.... i feel this sudden movement ( like a jerk) in the transmission.. it felt like something is off in it...  is it the transmission or something else?   is this normal?

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Transmission problem????
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:12:49 pm »
Its more likely a failed motor mount or a transmission mount so its not a huge problem.  What you need to do is do a google and find a GM forum that is family with this vehicle.  It might be really common or just a one off thing.  Don't assume its a bag transmission.

barrie1

Re: Transmission problem????
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:48:45 pm »
Raphael Welcome to the Forum, You will have to get this vehicle up on a hoist to check this problem out. If it is a engine or tranny mount then its not a bad fix to have done but should be done soon before you do any damage to the rest of the drivetrain. With the possibility of the engine lifting you might do damage to the axles shafts or other tranny parts.  :)