Author Topic: Amazon Image Testing  (Read 1641 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Amazon Image Testing
« on: April 16, 2019, 06:02:26 pm »
I have some images on Amazon Photos....seems as though Amazon doesn't let you link images....WTF??

FWIW, when I contacted Amazon, they blamed Autos.ca  I'm skeptical of it being Autos fault, as 5 other image cloud storage sites work just fine on Autos.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:13:15 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
Re: Amazon Image Testing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 02:24:36 pm »
I have some images on Amazon Photos....seems as though Amazon doesn't let you link images....WTF??

FWIW, when I contacted Amazon, they blamed Autos.ca  I'm skeptical of it being Autos fault, as 5 other image cloud storage sites work just fine on Autos.

Are you referring to embedding the images in a post or simply providing a URL to the image?  Not all of them will allow embedding with other sites like autos.ca. An example is iCloud from Apple.  Some used to work easily enough but now make you jump through a hoop or two.  Google photos (formerly picasa) is an example there.

I don't think it's a technical issue but rather a design choice by a photo storing/sharing site.  I don't have absolute proof of this but given it used to work easily enough is quite the hint that it is indeed a choice.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Amazon Image Testing
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 03:33:36 pm »
Looks like you're linking to the page that has the image on it, not the image itself: https://www.amazon.ca/photos/share/n0a0FfRcBmoC6W9sSl3HM1HzRxcD8DbXDBuT2XZ11vi

If you click the image, then right click you can get the URL: