Author Topic: How Are We Doing?  (Read 2397 times)

Offline JacobBlack

• Administrator
  • Carma: +437/-273
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Passat
Re: How Are We Doing?
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2017, 10:14:24 am »
To be clear... Yes, the used car business is trader's bread and butter. I can't speak to that side of the business too much as those sorts of things are outside my scope.  But I know the dealer commitment is strong.
I'm just making the point that we're also in the new-car business and expanding that further. So our new-car content is relevant. 

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +291/-212
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '15 Jeep Renegade, '16 Wrangler Unlimited
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:19 pm »
yeah, didn't want to get too off-topic!

for me, i really like the articles, but find unless you get a google search linking you directly, you aren't likely to roam through trader.ca to find it.

if site like honda and all that can handle a quick initial popup to determine if you are looking for cars or heavy equipment and direct you accordingly, maybe trader can do something similar? "car search" vs "vehicle information" or something?
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline BWII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +132/-167
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I am a head, by a scent, Cheri.
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2017, 02:32:28 pm »
Did not notice this.  So, TL:DR version...what they all said.

And my version - I read the articles I want to read, and watch the videos in the articles on the cars I want to read about.  Saves me time if Pritch or you or whoever reads it for me in 5 minutes, and I get to watch the car in motion.  I got no complaints anyway.  Pics are and have always been one of the strong suits around here IIRC.

I miss the 50l Challenge...I just do.  Would be interesting to use that type of test on more than just bottom feeders though.

Offline life in the slow lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +60/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2017, 04:45:58 pm »
I have no complaints about the site, other then when typing. Please use a Canadian dictionary. I get so many underlined words, when using proper English Spelling.  Do us a favour and drop the U.S dictionary. See what I mean.

Offline JacobBlack

• Administrator
  • Carma: +437/-273
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Passat
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2017, 05:13:07 pm »
We do use a Canadian dictionary. You should never see "favor" or "color" on our site. If you do, we messed up editing.

Offline FrauFarbissina

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +322/-1159
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2017, 06:02:49 pm »
We do use a Canadian dictionary. You should never see "favor" or "color" on our site. If you do, we messed up editing.

I've seen some articles (written by you) use the term petrol when referring to gasoline or gas, which is what we use in North America.   :P

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-85
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '78 MB W-123 230, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, 2002 Renault Clio
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »
yeah, didn't want to get too off-topic!

Speaking of topics, your Pacer would make for a fun final drive article.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...