Author Topic: Test Drive: 2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD  (Read 12457 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2011 Nissan Juke SL AWD
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 08:26:10 pm »
But according to my local Nissan dealer, they can't keep them in stock because they sell so fast...somebody obviously likes them!

Yes they are selling out without incentives.  Waiting list at our store.  Hope those 1500 Nissans that were swept out to sea were actually Infinitys.

I didn't ever see one at my Nissan dealer - they must be moving fast.

Jaeger

There were 2 in Windsor this past weekend.  Plus an electric blue 370Z... :drool:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »
But according to my local Nissan dealer, they can't keep them in stock because they sell so fast...somebody obviously likes them!

Yes they are selling out without incentives.  Waiting list at our store.  Hope those 1500 Nissans that were swept out to sea were actually Infinitys.

Jaeger

Gunmetal Nismo 370Z in my dealer's showroom.  Want.  I'll see if I can dig up the pic I took.

Jaeger

There were 2 in Windsor this past weekend.  Plus an electric blue 370Z... :drool:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »

Jaeger

If I had to replace my S2000 today with another roadster, it would be a 370Z.  The only reason that I didn't get a Z when I was shopping for a roadster is because it was too similar to my G......not that it's a bad thing but I just wanted a a little different driving experience than the G.  The VQs are pretty darn bullet proof though. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 12:45:25 am »
The Juke is a fantastic vehicle for its intended purpose as fun and funky runabout with a little utility because of the hatch.  My wife loves them.  I like them too but only in darker colours.  I saw a grey one and it wasn't flattering at all.

I'dlike to see Nissan make the next Rogue a larger Juke with a less polarizing design on the front end.  Bonus points for a manual with the fancy AWD.  Not going to happen but if they made it fun to drive it would be a huge success.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 11:00:18 am »
Lookin for me?  Here I am.  Yep it has 14000km and still a hoot to drive, incredible in snow.  Fuel economy sits at 10, but my driving style is a bit on the aggressive side ;D  The seats are very comfortable, almost feels like it's taken my shape.  Not a great hauler with the seats up, knew that going in, but with the seats down it works for me.  Can't wait to put the V-rated tires back on, the snows(H-rated) on pavement really show the poor handling right now, one more week maybe just in case we get a final dumping.  Any questions go for it.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 11:28:50 am »
My youngest daughter liked the front end: "Look Dad, a froggy! Let's get one!" ;D
Lady Osis loved the Cube, especially the asymmetry of the thing.

I've got an odd family. ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 12:21:06 pm »
My youngest daughter liked the front end: "Look Dad, a froggy! Let's get one!" ;D

No paw ya fit right in here......................... ;)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 02:35:06 pm »

My wife thinks the Cube is about the coolest looking thing on wheels.  Go figure.

Jaeger

jacko

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 03:27:31 pm »
this car's name should be "joke" coz the styling is a joke!
i've seen this car in person and it's got to be the ugliest car on planet earth! i thought the honda crosstour was bad, but when i saw this car... ohhhhhhh - just plain ugly!

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +38/-239
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »
I think the main reason that the design looks odd. it confuses the eye where you should look.  If look top down and try to ignore the bottom it does look that bad. but if look bottom up b/c your eye natural want to focus on the big lights it doesn't look right.

Offline aaronk

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +45/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:08 pm »
I think the main reason that the design looks odd. it confuses the eye where you should look.  If look top down and try to ignore the bottom it does look that bad. but if look bottom up b/c your eye natural want to focus on the big lights it doesn't look right.

I dunno, I think the reason it looks odd is because it's ridiculous....but I want one. Everything but the styling is 100% in my books. Great mileage (esp. with FWD/6-speed), affordable, functional, ground clearance but still handles corners.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »
Can you get it in yellow...?  It needs to be YELLOW!!!

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 06:06:15 am »
this car's name should be "joke" coz the styling is a joke!
i've seen this car in person and it's got to be the ugliest car on planet earth! i thought the honda crosstour was bad, but when i saw this car... ohhhhhhh - just plain ugly!

Can't keep them on the lot, so..........

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 12:01:45 pm »
Didn't really "get" this car at first. But the more I see and the more I read about it, I really think Nissan has done something really cool here. A totally unique product that works very well at everything, and looks outlandish to boot. Bravo Nissan for showing some real guts!!
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:05 pm »
Didn't really "get" this car at first. But the more I see and the more I read about it, I really think Nissan has done something really cool here. A totally unique product that works very well at everything, and looks outlandish to boot. Bravo Nissan for showing some real guts!!

i would mostly agree...the only part it falls short on is space...it is "tight" inside to drive (not a problem if you like that "cockpit feel"), but the lack of rear/cargo space may be an issue for many...if the lack of space is of no concern, i agree, it is a great little vehicle...i really enjoyed it, but the lack of space ruled it out for me.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline aaronk

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +45/-38
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

Amen. In a sea of everything that looks the same, Nissan's gone and put a subcompact on stilts with an upside-down face and given it a turbo. It may not be for everyone, but nobody can deny it took courage to put out there.

Offline maincity

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Tundra, 2008 MDX, 2008 Hayabusa
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »
 ??? So does anyone know if the Juke runs on Premium gas only?  I'm assuming it does because of the turbo. Shame on Nissan, considering the price of crude oil.  I would have prefered a basic 4cyl or v6 option. ???