Author Topic: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?  (Read 518814 times)

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1160
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
Re: What Motorcycle Have You Been Obsessing About Today?
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »
If I ride your way I'll sure let you know! :)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 02:01:32 pm »
Sounds good!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-626
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 07:52:26 pm »
My own bike, BMW HP2 Sport. About 2 months before the weather warms up enough to ride it!  :'(

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,79936.0.html

:o :drool: :drool:
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 07:21:09 am »
 ::) sweet..I bet you are Crying "UNCLE"  Uncle ov'r her for a ride........... :skid: :drive2: :banana: :banana: :banana: :fiver:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
If one of these popped onto my radar, I'd have a tough time not buying it...

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/09/07/honda-919-best-used-bikes/

Simple, clean, user friendly bike but is still fast enough to have some serious fun on.  Sure, it's 1/2 the HP of a big GT bike, but a low 11sec bike is still plenty quick.

An old Suzy GS1100 project bike?  Oh, yeah!  Look at what people are doing around those old engines:

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 04:57:32 pm »
If one of these popped onto my radar, I'd have a tough time not buying it...

My best friend has the 600cc version.  What a great bike!!!

Another bike I obsess over:

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 05:33:55 pm »
Gee, I would take any of the above.  I married someone in health care and get regularly regaled with stories of the latest bike victim.  I mean its like loving fatty foods but being married to someone who treats hypertension all day every day.

I feel ya.  IQ used to work in the head trauma unit...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 06:04:27 pm »
Gee, I would take any of the above.  I married someone in health care and get regularly regaled with stories of the latest bike victim.  I mean its like loving fatty foods but being married to someone who treats hypertension all day every day.

I get the same thing, little lady lost a friend in college because of a bike accident and even mentioning motorcycles around the house is verboten.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »

I get the same thing, little lady lost a friend in college because of a bike accident and even mentioning motorcycles around the house is verboten.

I was on a ride/on scene when I lost a friend to a crash.  He fell off around a curve, and was hit by a car as he sat up in the roadway.  They couldn't pull him out from under the car, so they had to wait for the firetruck to arrive and use their air bags to raise the car so they could get him out from underneath.  It still seems surreal.  We ate pizza together, then 2 hours later he was gone.

It really, really sucks....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:07:42 pm by rrocket »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »

I was on a ride/on scene when I lost a friend to a crash.  He fell off around a curve, and was hit by a car as he sat up in the roadway.  They couldn't pull him out from under the car, so they had to wait for the firetruck to arrive and use their air bags to raise the car so they could get him out from underneath.  It still seems surreal.  We ate pizza together, then 2 hours later he was gone.

I get where shes coming from, and after all the close calls Ive seen and all the rider not at fault accidents Ive heard of, I cant really blame her for her stance.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

I get where shes coming from, and after all the close calls Ive seen and all the rider not at fault accidents Ive heard of, I cant really blame her for her stance.

For sure.  But once you get the bug to ride it never, ever goes away....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »

For sure.  But once you get the bug to ride it never, ever goes away....

Ive only been on a road bike a few times....(illegally, no licence) and dirt bikes quite a bit, I loved it. I can see how you see these 60 or 70 year olds on bikes, its so awesome.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 07:37:55 pm »
Both the RC8 and the RSV4 are fantastic bikes: much more at home on the track than on the street but fantastic bikes nonetheless.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 07:41:54 pm »
Both the RC8 and the RSV4 are fantastic bikes: much more at home on the track than on the street but fantastic bikes nonetheless.

The RC8 is completely adjustable for street riding.  Can darn near get it into sport touring comfort.  It has adjustable footpegs, seat and bars so you can lower/raise as needed.  It also has ride height adjustability.  The one I rode was owned by an old guy, and I'd say the way he had the control setup it was as comfy as a VFR800.  No other sportbike on the market has this adjustability.

From Cycle World:

But the coolest thing of all is how the RC8 takes adjustable ergos to a new level. Adjustable footpegs are a fairly common feature on contemporary sportbikes, but KTM adds the ability to alter the height and angle of its clip-on handlebars and bolt-on seat subframe, too. Toss in adjustable control levers and gear selector/brake pedal, and the RC8 can be tailored to fit just about any rider or type of riding. Want to get crazy over the front and fully tucked in for a track day? A few minutes of wrenching is all it takes. Care to relax your knees, wrists and back? Same drill. Other makers please take note.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:46:34 pm by rrocket »

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:53 pm »
That's cool, did not know the RC8 was that adjustable. I also like the fact it's powered by a twin.

I need to give that bike a closer look.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:58 pm »
That's cool, did not know the RC8 was that adjustable. I also like the fact it's powered by a twin.

I need to give that bike a closer look.

You sure do!!!  :)

The SuperDuke is VERY cool also.  Love 'em!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:08:46 pm by rrocket »

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 07:50:52 pm »
Let us know how the test drive goes!!   :)

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:18 am »
Test ride? Not today, it's -30 outside!  :o Sometimes in March maybe if the weather cooperates.

Now what about reliability, will this thing turn out to be a FAB (Facking Austrian Bike)?  ;D

My last 2 FGB did quite well BTW.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:01:19 am by Guy »

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:27 pm »
Test ride? Not today, it's -30 outside!  :o Sometimes in March maybe if the weather cooperates.

Now what about reliability, will this thing turn out to be a FAB (Facking Austrian Bike)?  ;D

My last 2 FGB did quite well BTW.  ;)

Extremely reliable.  The hardcore guys use them as sport tourers.  Ditto the SuperDuke guys.