Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2313812 times)

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #8940 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:16 am »
Some of the last living examples of species exist only within zoos.  These animals are able to be kept due to the money raised from visitors paying to see all the other animals...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #8941 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:33 pm »
Some of the last living examples of species exist only within zoos.  These animals are able to be kept due to the money raised from visitors paying to see all the other animals...
I have been to sanctuaries that allow visitors to view the animals in their habitats. They were highly endangered, such as the Kiwi, Tuatara, and other NZ animals on the brink. We paid handsomely for the privilege, and the animals are well cared for and have plenty of space to roam [their enclosures are essentially a fenced off valley].

There is a difference between these two things...wonder what it is...first is Papanack Zoo in Ottawa, the second is Zealandia Sanctuary in Wellington, NZ.

not saying all zoos are animal prisons, some actually are trying to have the animal's best interest at heart...but there are far too many zoos that would make you cry if you found out how they were treated...Papanack is tame compared to the zoos in Asia, particularly China
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8942 on: April 25, 2018, 07:44:56 am »
News reports that say "The vehicle did this or that causing the accident"

NO, NO, NO. The drive did it, and the driver caused the accident.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #8943 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »
i was going to post this in "irritated" but I was yelling at the radio in my car, so maybe it bugged me a bit more! ha!

so this morning (I listen to local news in the mornings on my way in... keeps me a bit informed at least), and some lady was complaining about a police flyer referring to "girls night out" and saying it was insensitive and poor judgement to use pink on the posters. What... the... f....... my god, it was a targeted flyer to women to get new hires... "we can't call women girls"... WHY NOT?!  soooo triggered.

they are trying to get women's attention... so they used pink, a stereotypically feminine colour... they wanted to get their attention, so used "girls night out" to keep them reading... it's called marketing. when you have a target market, you aim for it.

this women didn't bat an eye at the Parkinson's fundraiser/gala/dance that is called "Let's Shake!" going on around the same time... THAT is insensitive, but people understand that it is a good cause and definitely gets a message across.

man.. people need to stop thinking there is always something offensive in everything they see and read...

oooohhh... now that I'm triggered, the other thing is the vegan thing going on at antler restaurant... they are picketing and protesting out front. it is a MEAT based restaurant... what gives these people the audacity to protest out front of a small business just because they have a different opinion? especially when the person at the forefront of the demonstration is a fricken DOG WALKER.... having a pet does not make you a lover of all animals... it means you have a domesticated animal that you took out of it's habitat for your own selfish needs... to cater to those people as your job, then try to ruin another business who at least does what they can to ensure the meat they serve is naturally hunted rather than farmed is just stupid (imo). no one is willing to look either in a mirror, or put themselves in others shoes...
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8944 on: April 25, 2018, 01:00:41 pm »
That vegan protest has been a great thing for that restaurant. Those degens have given that guy more press than he could have ever hoped for. If I lived in Tarana I would make it a point to eat there once or twice a week just so I could eat a good meal, support a great cause and holler insults at the dirty hippies.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: April 25, 2018, 01:04:23 pm »
Totally, they did that chef a huge favour with all that free press.  Though the swagger of the chef to butcher a deer leg in front of them probably didn't hurt.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #8946 on: April 25, 2018, 01:06:24 pm »
yeah, they say they are a bit busier than usual... these protesters are just sooo dumb. I could use some venison right now. making me hungry thinking about it.

there is nothing wrong with fighting for your beliefs, but man... make sure what you are doing makes sense.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: April 25, 2018, 01:19:52 pm »
yeah, they say they are a bit busier than usual... these protesters are just sooo dumb. I could use some venison right now. making me hungry thinking about it.

there is nothing wrong with fighting for your beliefs, but man... make sure what you are doing makes sense.
Reminds me of this story...remember this?
Actually made the guy busier than he ever was!

https://m.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/dublin-caf-owner-attracts-the-attention-of-angry-irish-vegans-after-banning-them-from-the-establishment-34144818.html

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: April 25, 2018, 03:01:03 pm »
damn giving the rest of us vegans a bad name...we are not all dirty hippies chanting and screaming "Murderer!!!"

I am all for protests and activism...where it makes sense and you can make a difference. My wife does outreach in downtown Ottawa, and gives out information etc. An indirect approach that works a lot better than picketing and yelling. In front of a restaurant? Not how I would go about it.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: April 25, 2018, 03:05:13 pm »
damn giving the rest of us vegans a bad name...we are not all dirty hippies chanting and screaming "Murderer!!!"

I am all for protests and activism...where it makes sense and you can make a difference. My wife does outreach in downtown Ottawa, and gives out information etc. An indirect approach that works a lot better than picketing and yelling. In front of a restaurant? Not how I would go about it.

My vegan buddy said the same thing actually. This does exactly the opposite of what they were hoping.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #8950 on: April 26, 2018, 04:42:13 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.
while checking pancreas, docs found 3 cm mass. 

read online that 85% of tumors found on pancreas is cancer.   

i'm feeling a lost and panicked. .  they did a biopsy, and i'm desparately clinging to the hope that she's among the 15% but fcuk..  i'm getting :censor: depressed...

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #8951 on: April 26, 2018, 04:45:55 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

i'm feeling a lost and panicked. .  they did a biopsy, and i'm desparately clinging to the hope that she's among the 15% but fcuk..  i'm getting :censor: depressed...

That sucks sorry to hear.  Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: April 26, 2018, 04:48:48 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

I'm so sorry to hear that man. Heres hoping against hope that shes in that 15%!!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #8953 on: April 26, 2018, 04:50:37 pm »
Lost a huge new account today.  My biggest ever.  It was the same as 3 regular accounts.  Sends me a text today, that her son is going to do it.  I was supposed to start May 1st.  Kinda bummed.  So I am having some Rolo ice cream before supper.

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #8954 on: April 26, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »
Lost a huge new account today.  My biggest ever.  It was the same as 3 regular accounts.  Sends me a text today, that her son is going to do it.  I was supposed to start May 1st.  Kinda bummed.  So I am having some Rolo ice cream before supper.

That sucks man.  Valid reason for ice cream.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #8955 on: April 26, 2018, 04:59:18 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

I'm so sorry to hear that man. Heres hoping against hope that shes in that 15%!!

thanks.  i'm trying to be optimistic, but :censor:.  it's hard.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: April 26, 2018, 05:03:21 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

thanks.  i'm trying to be optimistic, but :censor:.  it's hard.
Don't be scared to get yourself some help in dealing with this....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #8957 on: April 26, 2018, 05:30:52 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

Terrible news, hope she's in the small group of people that don't have cancer.  I lost my mom just over 16 years ago to cancer, after a nearly six year fight, and I won't sugar coat it, it crushed our family.  My Dad completely cratered and it took him nearly a year to get his feet under him and that was just to baby steps.  He still struggles every April even all these years later.

If your work offers an EAP, use it.  Seriously.  If not, talk to your doctor about resources, they're out there.  I didn't do anything of the sort, and really regret it.  My mom and I were very close and her illness and death affected me much more than I thought.

Three months after my mom died the doc found a lump in my wife's neck, I literally crawled up into a ball and my brain just shut down.  Thankfully it wasn't cancer, but I am well aware of what goes through your mind when hear what could be horrible news, and more than once.

Fingers crossed.  Sending positive vibes to your family.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8958 on: April 26, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »
my mom had pancreatitis.

Echoing others here as that is really shitty. Been there too many times and still riding the rollercoaster or should I say steamroller. Stay strong and like others have said, do not be afraid to ask for help.

Life can be cruel and unfair.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: April 26, 2018, 07:17:14 pm »
brutal news about mum...fingers crossed for ya  :flowers: