Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1044664 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #2920 on: April 21, 2018, 09:55:51 am »
My neighbor is quite angry I refused his "offer"   to fix my fence that his raised flower beds ruined. Because of his raised flower beds up against my fence, the 4x4s sit in a swamp which have rotted causing them to fall.

He came by the house and rang the doorbell. IQ and I both work nights, so we're sleeping until mid afternoon. He knows this. When we didn't answer, he proceeded to pound/knock on the door. Sigh. I finally answered.

He wanted to know what I was going to do to fix my fence. I again said "nothing" due to the flower beds. He said "it's too late to worry about those now". To which I replied "until there's a solution, I'm not worrying about the fence".

He then went on to tell me about his "great deal" to fix the fence. His wife's nephew would charge "about $2k" to fix it. I'd have to pay half...which probably means I'd be paying (technically) more than half since I'm sure his nephew won't charge him labor. I told him I'm not going to do anything until flower beds are resolved.

He asked me a THIRD time if I was going to pay half...and again...I'm not doing anything until there's a solution to the flower beds. He stepped away, angry.

I hate to be a dick..but I refuse to do anything only to have it rot again. Everywhere else in my yard where no flower beds exist the fence posts are still as new. In addition every time it rains I have shallow standing water along the fence from flower bed run off. Now that's not a huge deal to me, since I don't play in my yard when it rains. But it does take several days to dry.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2921 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:35 am »
Too tell you the true , whether  the flower bed was there or not the post could still rot at ground level
My fence came down 2 years ago , the post by the flower bed were in the same condition as the post where was no flower bed

Was looking at the other side of the yard  , couple of the posts were moving pretty good  :'(

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 21, 2018, 11:26:54 am »
Too tell you the true , whether  the flower bed was there or not the post could still rot at ground level
My fence came down 2 years ago , the post by the flower bed were in the same condition as the post where was no flower bed

Was looking at the other side of the yard  , couple of the posts were moving pretty good  :'(
Well that's not the way it is here. Flower bed only rot. And some of the rotten ones are rotted above ground level.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2923 on: April 21, 2018, 12:08:30 pm »
Saab is showing her age, rust spots everywhere and she barely looks clean even after a wash...she used to look so good. Irritating how fast they decline if unloved for a bit.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #2924 on: April 21, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »
Saab is showing her age, rust spots everywhere and she barely looks clean even after a wash...she used to look so good. Irritating how fast they decline if unloved for a bit.

Guess it varies vehicle to vehicle.  I only hose down my Hyundai Entourage once in awhile, every 2-3 months.  Vacuum inside.  No rust on it, some scratches. 

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2925 on: April 22, 2018, 05:19:41 am »
Brits on holiday. So loud and obnoxious.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #2926 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:34 pm »

The Brits are to Europe as Americans are to the world?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2927 on: April 22, 2018, 02:29:16 pm »

The Brits are to Europe as Americans are to the world?

Not that much different than Canadians, Germans, Chinese and Russians they all can be bad

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2928 on: April 22, 2018, 03:02:33 pm »

Here are a couple of recommendation for places to vacation next time.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 22, 2018, 08:54:39 pm »
^^ :rofl: :rofl2:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:56:27 pm by Seafoam »
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2930 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:35 am »

Here are a couple of recommendation for places to vacation next time.

I'm a bit far from the beach  ::) .

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #2931 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:02 am »
When people don't reply to requests for their kijiji ads.  The wife and i are looking to buy new kayaks and i have sent requests to 3 different local ads and only heard back from one after several requests.  The response was NO!!!  IT'S SOLD!!!  ::)

Looks like we're buying new... :P

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:58:56 pm by KD »

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #2932 on: April 27, 2018, 10:04:45 am »
To add to that, dumbasses that don't take their ads down once an item has sold.

Not a coincidence that they also seem to act like :censor: when someone has the temerity to respond to an ad that they didn't bother to take down.

:stfu:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2933 on: April 27, 2018, 11:43:19 am »
To add to that, dumbasses that don't take their ads down once an item has sold.

Not a coincidence that they also seem to act like :censor: when someone has the temerity to respond to an ad that they didn't bother to take down.

:stfu:
Yeah, I hate that, "no its not for sale its been sold for a month". How the f$*k do i know that you freaking chucklehead??

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #2934 on: April 27, 2018, 03:26:24 pm »
Oh the fun of kijiji!!

Sold a stove on there last week.  Listed for $450.  Lady contacts me.  Wants it for $300.  No.  Can u plug it in to make sure it works? Yes.  The bottom is just a drawer right? Yes.  Whats your location?  I tell her.  Does it have self clean?  Yes.  (these are all separate emails btw)

Next email from her - Home depot has them on sale for 497 with warranty and free home delivery.  Sorry would rather buy new.  Thanks anyway.

I respond with "Ok. Good luck"  (because a. I knew what she said wasnt true. I check all the prices online before posting it for $150 off the cheapest price and b. she had already annoyed me with so many emails)

Next email from her - If you want to go down and make it worth our while let me know

I say if she can send me a link where she can get it for that price, then ill go lower.

She sends me a pixelated image of a stove for 497, which is clearly not the same model, but now I want to see how dumb she can actually be so I respond with "Send me the link, not an image"

Sends me the link....sure enough as i expected, it is the US website, and not even the same stove. 

I say that is the US website, you can't get it for that price here.  She says ok then she'll pass.

What.a.facking.idiot.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #2935 on: April 27, 2018, 03:33:01 pm »
Oh the fun of kijiji!!

Sold a stove on there last week.  Listed for $450.  Lady contacts me.  Wants it for $300.  No.  Can u plug it in to make sure it works? Yes.  The bottom is just a drawer right? Yes.  Whats your location?  I tell her.  Does it have self clean?  Yes.  (these are all separate emails btw)

Next email from her - Home depot has them on sale for 497 with warranty and free home delivery.  Sorry would rather buy new.  Thanks anyway.

I respond with "Ok. Good luck"  (because a. I knew what she said wasnt true. I check all the prices online before posting it for $150 off the cheapest price and b. she had already annoyed me with so many emails)

Next email from her - If you want to go down and make it worth our while let me know

I say if she can send me a link where she can get it for that price, then ill go lower.

She sends me a pixelated image of a stove for 497, which is clearly not the same model, but now I want to see how dumb she can actually be so I respond with "Send me the link, not an image"

Sends me the link....sure enough as i expected, it is the US website, and not even the same stove. 

I say that is the US website, you can't get it for that price here.  She says ok then she'll pass.

What.a.facking.idiot.
I have fun with people like that, string them along, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 27, 2018, 03:37:26 pm »
I'd respond and say you'd be willing to drop the price of the stove by $2.57 if she comes and mows your lawn.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2937 on: April 27, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »
Oh the fun of kijiji!!

What.a.facking.idiot.

That was like the lady that wanted to not only convert the free dishwasher we were giving away into a portable one but she also wanted it delivered to the north side of the city.
I said "sure, $500"
Her "I can almost get a new one for that"
me "lady I am not converting this free dishwasher into something its not and delivering it across the city for FREE"
her "thats not very christian of you"

::) ::)  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #2938 on: April 27, 2018, 03:42:52 pm »
I think a separate Kijiji thread is warranted.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
« Reply #2939 on: April 27, 2018, 03:43:12 pm »
Oh the fun of kijiji!!

What.a.facking.idiot.

That was like the lady that wanted to not only convert the free dishwasher we were giving away into a portable one but she also wanted it delivered to the north side of the city.
I said "sure, $500"
Her "I can almost get a new one for that"
me "lady I am not converting this free dishwasher into something its not and delivering it across the city for FREE"
her "thats not very christian of you"

::) ::)  :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

I would have responded with "alhamdulillah"