Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye  (Read 10913 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:51 am »
similar fonts i guess... but the fact that cars generally have 2 main dials then possibly a few others makes them all somewhat similar... i guess that font goes a long way.

heated seats, still sticking to it. sure it would be nice... one of my cars has it now and i put em on this morning even. just saying its not a deal breaker. you can get the auto start in the popular equipment package on any model other than the base. i would think that's more important in the -30 you are talking about...if the car is warmed up and its cloth seats... meh. good enough.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 10:51:03 am »
similar fonts i guess... but the fact that cars generally have 2 main dials then possibly a few others makes them all somewhat similar... i guess that font goes a long way.

heated seats, still sticking to it. sure it would be nice... one of my cars has it now and i put em on this morning even. just saying its not a deal breaker. you can get the auto start in the popular equipment package on any model other than the base. i would think that's more important in the -30 you are talking about...if the car is warmed up and its cloth seats... meh. good enough.

Heated seats like many creature comforts in a car are not an issue if never used. I recall thinking....really who needs heated seats !!!.. until I was given a company car with heated seats and winter rolled around. I once drove a 7 series BMW with heated steering wheel and thought wow !!  warm fingers on a winters day without driving gloves...what a great feeling.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 10:59:22 am »
My first new car was a '68 Dart.  The running gear was tough, but the body was thrown together, which revealed itself as it gradually fell apart inside and out.    That leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a reborn Dart, although he new one sounds like a decent car.  The rear view picture here looks like it could easily be a hatch back, which would have at least made it a possible replacement for my wife's Vibe.  I'd have to change that name though.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:25 am »
i would think it will be something they'll offer later on... some "upgrade" in the upcoming months/years... after all, they do offer the heated steering wheel and seats now, just only on the upper levels...

just the way chrysler has always worked... build a decent car, then see what you can strip off of it in order to bring the costs down for the entry level. backwards logic, but its kept them building cars for quite a while now. Look at the top end Dart and forget that its a compact and I bet it would compete nicely with most midsized cars... too bad they'll sell about 4% top end and the big seller will be the stripped versions that lack the things that make this car "special"

oh, and back to the cluster... the standard one i actually don't care for... the way the "ring" around it pinches in to mark the speed i find makes it hard to tell exactly what kind of speed you've got going. The upgraded TFT cluster is much nicer in my opinion, but again, have to upgrade lots of things to get it.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 11:45:47 am »
My first new car was a '68 Dart.  The running gear was tough, but the body was thrown together, which revealed itself as it gradually fell apart inside and out.    That leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a reborn Dart, although he new one sounds like a decent car.  The rear view picture here looks like it could easily be a hatch back, which would have at least made it a possible replacement for my wife's Vibe.  I'd have to change that name though.

That was 44 years ago, let it go. I'm sure Chrysler has changed somewhat from that time. I admit the Dart doesn't do much for me but there pickups seem like a viable option for me. Now if the Wrangler only had a diesel... :cheers:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 11:48:22 am »

That was 44 years ago, let it go. I'm sure Chrysler has changed somewhat from that time. I admit the Dart doesn't do much for me but there pickups seem like a viable option for me. Now if the Wrangler only had a diesel... :cheers:
I have been saying this since the new JK came out....that little CRD motor would make me go an buy one. I have faith in Dodge trucks but Chry. Co. cars have never really inspired confidence in me......
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 11:57:17 am »
Every car company does that, nothing wrong with it as long as you realize where you stand against your competitors.

Maybe to their defense, the Cruze also only has heated seats in the $25k LTZ Turbo, but their other domestic competitor Ford Focus has it starting from their $19k SE trim level (sedan) with the $350 heated mirror/seat package.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »
Heated seats like many creature comforts in a car are not an issue if never used. I recall thinking....really who needs heated seats !!!.. until I was given a company car with heated seats and winter rolled around. I once drove a 7 series BMW with heated steering wheel and thought wow !!  warm fingers on a winters day without driving gloves...what a great feeling.
yup...my heated steering wheel, heated seats, rain sensing windshield and SmartKey system in my Rio5 are all features you can live without, but they are certainly great features to have...while my wife wasn't big on "features" when i bought the car, she has since admitted her next car will have those features as well.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.